Become a Patron!

Best rda for flavor

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well actually the Marquis is only slightly bigger then the Veritas, I just had it on a heat sink that made it seem bigger:)

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Marquis is not leak proof, not at all. Overdrip and it pees out of the intake hole. Tilt it the wrong way, and it pees out of the intake hole. I really like the thing, but it does not fit my leak proof requirements.

The veritas on the other hand has a different style deck which does keep it from leaking (at least from what I can gather, haven't picked mine up yet.).

If you compare the inside of the marquis with the veritas you'll see the marquis has two holes, and those holes are on a flat surface. The veritas, on the other hand, has one hole and its on the tip of a V. That v allows the juice to pool next to the intake hole instead of flowing directly out of it. On the marquis the juice pools on the flat surface and flows freely right out of the holes.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Marquis is not leak proof, not at all. Overdrip and it pees out of the intake hole. Tilt it the wrong way, and it pees out of the intake hole. I really like the thing, but it does not fit my leak proof requirements.

The veritas on the other hand has a different style deck which does keep it from leaking (at least from what I can gather, haven't picked mine up yet.).

If you compare the inside of the marquis with the veritas you'll see the marquis has two holes, and those holes are on a flat surface. The veritas, on the other hand, has one hole and its on the tip of a V. That v allows the juice to pool next to the intake hole instead of flowing directly out of it. On the marquis the juice pools on the flat surface and flows freely right out of the holes.
Ok ok, the Veritas is leak proof and the Marquis is leak resistant.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, update for me:
Just received Magma Infinite clone. Super clean, beautifully machined.

4346A00C-4AC7-48D3-B29F-34816FDE0CD5_zpshuulhlem.jpg

I made two fast and embarrassing 2.4mm 26g Kanthal, 5 wrap coils (0.28 ohm) and set em up with organic cotton and went at it .
5932E036-662C-4DF9-AB7E-28DDBC745A73_zpsxpd6oud3.jpg

Great flavor on par with my Derringer, Vertex V2, and Mutation X V3. Using a friction fit 510 wide bore Derlin tip.
Since there is a gap between the posts, I am dripping straight into the center of the tip without any problems.
So far, no leakage. Tonight I'm gonna make some proper twisted Kanthal coils for it.

Dasbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, update for me:
Just received Magma Infinite clone. Super clean, beautifully machined.

4346A00C-4AC7-48D3-B29F-34816FDE0CD5_zpshuulhlem.jpg

I made two fast and embarrassing 2.4mm 26g Kanthal, 5 wrap coils (0.28 ohm) and set em up with organic cotton and went at it .
5932E036-662C-4DF9-AB7E-28DDBC745A73_zpsxpd6oud3.jpg

Great flavor on par with my Derringer, Vertex V2, and Mutation X V3. Using a friction fit 510 wide bore Derlin tip.
Since there is a gap between the posts, I am dripping straight into the center of the tip without any problems.
So far, no leakage. Tonight I'm gonna make some proper twisted Kanthal coils for it.
Well shit, I was just wondering if it worth getting a magma already owning a derringer, what do you say? How would you compare them?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

defvayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Went back and rebuilt my mutation x v2.
Wanted it to redeem itself. Flavor is better when I built it thus way. Pyramid coil.
bec363b995a049337a07f6d17850b7d0.jpg

b55fd13a2ee2a1e5c04c893b64553f7b.jpg

hubstacker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd go with the derringer. That's what I'm currently rocking and loving it. Got it on top of my smpl clone and it is SO stealthy that it disappears in my meaty palm

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
IMO the freakshow is an excellent RDA for flavor.

Had the freakshow mini for months now and somehow forgot I had it. First build on it today and it's outstanding! The flavour is on par... Perhaps even better than the derringer!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ok ok, the Veritas is leak proof and the Marquis is leak resistant.
I can't speak to the Veritas, never having owned one, but I wouldn't even call the Marquis "leak resistant." I think I have less trouble with my Plume Veil clone than I do my Marquis clone in this respect. Reason is the deck area in the Marquis is so small, and the space you have through which to view it and drip it so small, that I find it hard not to over-drip.

I love the flavour I get out of my Marquis clone, but I have a real love/hate relationship with it.

My next RDA will almost certainly be an Aeolus Lite. At that point I think I'll have more RDAs than I need, so I may put some up for sale, here. That Marquis clone may be one of them. I hate to part with it, because the vape is so damn good with it, but it drives me a bit crazy.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel that its a myth. I can get great flavour out of any of my RDAs, depends how I build them. But I like a wide range of vaping styles, I can chuck clowds on big power and love the flavour and I can mouth to lung on a genesis atomiser and love the flavour. Not from the same juice I might add - using a strong flavour in a clowd atty will kill your throat to death. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people are not gonna enjoy their vape if it does not produce at least 3 cubic metres of clowds others need a monster throat hit to get their ideal vape.

VU Sponsors