Become a Patron!

Best RDA to date?

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
hi guys,

So I am looking for one of two neat RDA that are made to date quality wise vape clouds and flavour; I found a a few and want your recommendations please, currently my fav rda is bonza rda hehe...
Armageddon MFG redemption rda
Twisted messes pro series rda
Recoil rebel rda
Thuglyfe rda

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kennedy 25 2 post
Monarch RDA
Squonkey Kong

I think it depends more on how you like to vape though. I like huge clouds and a hot vape so something like a wasp nano doesn't get anywhere near my top list, but if you like a single coil cool vape then something like the Monarch wouldn't be a good fit.

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
Well I love dual coil .15 vape nothing above .15 and I love my goon and bonza.. I have the only options, anyone tried any of the below yet? I

Armageddon MFG redemption rda
Twisted messes pro series rda
Recoil rebel rda
Thuglyfe rda
CSMNT | COSMONAUT RDA
Reload RDA 24mm V1.2

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Have 3 of the four you have listed and they rank for me in this order.
1. Thuglyfe- super airy cloud factory, good flavor and accepts massive builds.
2. Armageddon- great build deck for whatever you want, airy cloud factory and good flavor
3. Recoil rebel- good build deck, decent flavor and great cloud production

While none of these would be my first pick for flavor or for cloud chasing they are all very good.

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
2. Armageddon- great build deck for whatever you want, airy cloud factory and good flavor

While none of these would be my first pick for flavor or for cloud chasing they are all very good.
What would be your first pick from all RDAs in the market for both flavour and clouds!?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What would be your first pick from all RDAs in the market for both flavour and clouds!?

Kennedy. It is a great balance between both, excels at both and here has not been a version of Kennedy that hasn't been amazing. V3 is favorite and trickster being the least favorite.

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
Kennedy. It is a great balance between both, excels at both and here has not been a version of Kennedy that hasn't been amazing. V3 is favorite and trickster being the least favorite.
I found one that is 24 not 25mm not sure which version it is... it’s priced at 115$!!! Is that the usual price? Can you tell which version it is?
2462523A-2917-45CD-AD74-1F73A6E79C96.jpeg

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There are clones - I see your picture is a three post version, I would suggest two post - easier to drip without flooding the air pipes, and nothing like wide builds in a bottom airflow RDA *yummy*

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
There are clones - I see your picture is a three post version, I would suggest two post - easier to drip without flooding the air pipes, and nothing like wide builds in a bottom airflow RDA *yummy*
This website doesn’t sell clones they are 99.99% legit.. can you double check https://www.vaperoyale.net/collections/sub

Or here are the details: btw what’s the difference for this RDA 24 or 25MM

The Kennedy 24mm & 25mm RDA by Kennedy Enterprises is the performance upgrade of the Kennedy RDA, increasing in size for a more powerful conceptualized airflow style, expanded juice well capacity, and intuitive two-post design with swappable posts functionality.
  • 2 post
  • 24mm & 25mm Diameter
  • Deep Juice Well
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Enlarged Build Deck
  • Swappable Posts Capability - Adjusted via Allen Key
  • Copper-Plated Two-Post Design
  • Machine Knurled Hex Screws
  • PEEK-Insulator
  • Single or Dual Configurations
  • 3mm Quad Internal Airflow Tubes
  • Dual External Airslots - Direct Aiflow Delivery
  • 16mm Competition Wide Bore
  • Copper-Plated 510 Connection

Last edited:

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
For some unknown reason I’m drawn towards this thuglyfe RDA I like the way it looks does it vape as good as the goon 1.5? Or the kenndy?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could probably get a spoon from the drawer put some ejuice on it light it and someone would say its the best rda :)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
For some unknown reason I’m drawn towards this thuglyfe RDA I like the way it looks does it vape as good as the goon 1.5? Or the kenndy?

It vapes as good as a goon but has much more airflow but IMO it is not as good as a Kennedy, but somewhere in the same league. The Kennedy RDA's were a game changer for me and I still very much love them.

What are you chasing? Clouds, flavor or somewhere in the middle?

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year
It vapes as good as a goon but has much more airflow but IMO it is not as good as a Kennedy, but somewhere in the same league. The Kennedy RDA's were a game changer for me and I still very much love them.

What are you chasing? Clouds, flavor or somewhere in the middle?
I think I’m gna get the thuglyfe black and gold give it a try and keep it part of my collectors edition, afterwards go for the kenndy when they restock with the black color and ofcourse I need to upgrade from my current gene chip to the DNA 250c lost vape paranormal!!

I am a flavour person, but love the clouds. So .15 airflow wide open or quarter closed and 3.7V is my way of vaping :D philipe rocke honey cream is my fav ejuice followed by pink and purple panther!

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The Redemption is my current favorite <25 mm RDA. I can’t recommend it highly enough. Promise you’d love it.

I enjoyed the Bonza quite a lot as did OP, especially at the price point. Solid little RDA.

Abaroud

Member For 1 Year

in!

Hey again! So I got myself the apocoylse Rda gen 2 and the goon RDA both are amazing, but I find the apocoylse outperforming my goon! Would that mean that the redemption RDA from armadegon would be better than the apoco??

Also how would thuglyfe rda compare to the apocoylse..

My current fav is the apocoylse lol

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
in!

Hey again! So I got myself the apocoylse Rda gen 2 and the goon RDA both are amazing, but I find the apocoylse outperforming my goon! Would that mean that the redemption RDA from armadegon would be better than the apoco??

of the ones listed I liked the Thuglyfe the most. It is in my opinion, better than the Armageddon. I bought it on a whim from a member here and it remains in regular rotation.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It can get hot but I use the ultem cap most of the time.

I use it mostly for flavor testing because the hits are infrequent and generally only one or two. It excels at flavor delivery.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
in!

I MUCH prefer my Redemptions to my Apocalypses. The drop clamps and post positioning make building a breeze. The Redemption is for my money the finest <28mm RDA currently available.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried the apocalypse, redemption, and rapture RDAs. I didn't care for the rapture but the other two are great. None of them can hold a candle to the elite RDA imo.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've tried the apocalypse, redemption, and rapture RDAs. I didn't care for the rapture but the other two are great. None of them can hold a candle to the elite RDA imo.

Have to agree. The elite is by far the best of them and better than the Goon or the Kennedy. And I'm not fond of the Goon 1.5 - I prefer the OG Goon TBH.

I find it inyteresting no one mentioned the Carnage or the Headshot.

My favorite cheap RDA is the Druga.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah sorry about that... the reason why I haven't mentioned these is because I was too busy vaping on them. :D
Which do you prefer? I don't really understand the deck design on either of these 2 RDAs. I keep talking myself out of buying one, but I'm looking for a reason to get one.

Is the 24mm Headshot a good deck for big series builds? How about the Carnage?

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all subjective and depends on your vaping style, builds etc.

My personal favorite dual coil RDA is the Reload RDA as well as the CSMNT. For single coil RDA's, I rate the Psyclone mods Hadaly the best single coil RDA.

I would say consider the Reload as an option as well. In my opinion it's really good and when you throw in a set of framed staples or alien coils, you'll be in vape heaven.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which do you prefer? I don't really understand the deck design on either of these 2 RDAs. I keep talking myself out of buying one, but I'm looking for a reason to get one.

Is the 24mm Headshot a good deck for big series builds? How about the Carnage?

24mm is the outer diameter of the cap... the build deck itself is only 19.5mm so there's no room for big builds in the 24mm Head Shot. There is enough space between the 2 screws inside the clamp to put 2 legs next to each other to maintain the symmetry of the 2 coils as well as to avoid having to bend the legs too much, unlike with a typical 3-post deck that uses a single post hole in each post. The airflow can be adjusted by turning the cap─before pushing it onto the deck─in such a way that the air holes are getting partially blocked by the wicks, and, doing that also eliminates the whistling as well as allows the orientation of the airflow to be slanted, as opposed to being perpendicular, to the orientation of the coils. Ideally IMO, the coils should be positioned fairly close to the post holes as well as be at a far enough distance from the clamp in such a way that the distance between the cap and the first wrap of the coil is still almost equal to the distance between the cap and the last wrap of the coil, i.e., the coils should be close to the post holes and slightly slanted away from the clamp, not simply in parallel with the clamp. The end of the wick that gets the least amount of space is the one that should partially block the air hole so you should turn the cap in that direction. The coils should be positioned at the same height as the air holes, and they should be oriented flat horizontal. As for whether the upper legs should go into the clamp or into the post holes... IMO it depends first and foremost on how fragile the legs are, as putting them into the post holes also means you'll have to bend them. Below is a pic of one of my builds using this build deck, albeit the cap I'm using with this build is not a Head Shot cap, but instead it is a Maelstrom cap, which means the air holes in it are not round ones. As you can see this build is pretty fragile so to me putting the upper legs into the post holes didn't seem like it would be a good idea because I figured they might snap too easily if bending them that way. (This is a 1.33 ohms build, that I vape on a tube mech with 4 batteries in series.)

stapled tiger.jpg

Here's what this setup looks like:

Purge Maelstrom stacked.jpg

The Carnage is actually pretty similar if you're using it with the clamp (that can optionally be replaced with a post, and vice versa depending on whether you got a Carnage that came with a clamp or a Carnage that came with 2 posts) except for the fact it has a single coil option and the deck is a lot bigger as well as the fact the symmetry is different so you might want to take that into account if going for a dual coil build, i.e., one coil is coiled up clockwise, the other one is coiled up counterclockwise. Depending on the length of your coils, you could decide to slant them slightly away from the clamp in such a way that they are oriented in an almost V-shape. If you're using it with the post instead of the clamp it is similar to the Skill RDA, but you get more build space so you need to take that also into account because with smaller coils the legs will be longer compared to using the clamp, and this will affect the resistance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, unlike the Head Shot the Carnage comes with a squonk pin, and the option to buy a silver plated 510 pin.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all subjective and depends on your vaping style, builds etc.

My personal favorite dual coil RDA is the Reload RDA as well as the CSMNT. For single coil RDA's, I rate the Psyclone mods Hadaly the best single coil RDA.

I would say consider the Reload as an option as well. In my opinion it's really good and when you throw in a set of framed staples or alien coils, you'll be in vape heaven.
The Reload I just can't get enough of it. I've got way too many attys but I've found that I'm consistently on the Reload and MCV Fuel. I have the new Reload X inbound so we'll see how it is.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could find an authentic reload 1.2.
I like big rdas and the Armageddon Elite II was dethroned by the Centurion V2. Amazing both in production and flavor.

VU Sponsors