Become a Patron!

Best rda to start with, and does the tugboat fit on istick 50w?

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So yeah, the title says it all, what is the best rda to start with, and does the tugboat v2 fit on the eleaf istick 50w?

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its different for everyone. Its like asking a bunch of gearheads, which is the best car to start with. Your gonna get 25 different answers. You need to figure out what do you want it to do for you? Do you want to just drip and enjoy the flavor or do you want to sub ohm? Are you planning on building super low builds and make serious clouds? The best RDA for you is the one that you research enough to determine that its the one you want and Yes, the tugboat and tugv2 will fit on the istick 50, 510 threading is now the standard. Hope that helps and welcome to VU!

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much, i will research the hell out off rdas now!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Tugboat V2 is a nice flavor RDA. IMHO, it could use a little bit more airflow. As Tim mentioned, you'll get all sorts of recommendations. However, only you can decide, which one is the best. That being said, the Mutation X V4 seems to be a good RDA (haven't done a build on it yet). Depending on your build, you can utilize it for flavor, or clouds. The Airek is also a RDA that you can use both ways, depending on how you utilize the sleeves. I actually like it a lot in "flavor mode". If you find a RDA that you might like, try to find some reviews on the tube.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the tugboat and love it. Its probably my number one go to atty. I've been having it for about a year now and use it as much now as I did then. I have the two alternative caps as well, a slam cap with a touch more airflow than the stock and more flavor. I also have the anarchist cap with makes much more vapor. The upside is with the same atty and same build you just swap the cap and its an entirely different vaping experience.
Its easy to build on. It has a deep juice well and big ole postholes
It really is a great all around everyday use atty. You'll love it as an all day vape.
If you're looking for a cloud machine you'll want the anarchist cap as well.
That did if you're solely looking for clouds thr tugboat off the shelf may not be the best option, like the above list mutation x4 is a good candidate, I use a cltv3 when I wanna play fog machine. The twisted messes RDA is another prime option. . So many drippers.
Again, you need to look at your objective before picking. But all day all purpose, tugboat gets my vote...obviously.

Last edited:

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got a few tugboats, they are good attys. I've drilled out the caps on the tugboat clone that I have and it hits like a truck. I have a mutation x and a mutation V2, CLTv3, Stillare, Little boy, Damn...now that I think about it... I've got rda's that I've not built in 6 months. I'm getting off track here....Um... Pretty much your wanting something that's well machined, has options like adjustable airflow, et cetera, deep wells, easy to build on and you want the negative posts milled into the side of the deck, so they don't get stripped out.. I prefer phillups over grubnuts so Yea, a tuggie or a tuggie V2 isn't a bad one at all to start with. :D

injunear59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like has been said it's your build the coil and the wicking the juice even down to the drip tip

Düpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the AWESOME answers, i will research and research, and once i get my next payment i´l try out alot of different rdas, any god mech mods you guys know of?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When you're looking at Mech mods, I would steer clear of the hybrids for now, at least until you get a hang of things.
A hybrid is q topcap or connection where the atty itself makes direct contact with the battery. It does elimnate a certain degree of voltage drop but a good 510 cap will also do that.
Tue problem is you need the positive pin of the attys 510 to protrude out a little bit. The authentic tugboats are good for that but not all clones are. The steamboat for example is a fantastic tugboat 2 clone, but a terrible option for a hybrid. The 510 is barely protruding on it and could easily cause a hard short or venting battery.
Also you don't want to run any of the subohm tanks on a hybrid either.

All of that said, I would advise a stingrayx clone as a good starter option. It comes with a hybrid adapter, a coppper inner tube, a good 510, most offer very little voltage drop with The standard 510, have a great switch, and are on the short side.

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you had the right idea with a tugboat and a istick 50. The tug will more then give you enough clouds and flavor and now has optional caps you.can buy. Save yourself a headache and stick with something easy to use and to learn with.

VU Sponsors