Become a Patron!

Best RDA

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
Ya know, i started looking at this last night and man do i want one now. At first, I thought it would be too over the top, but after seeing a review and the cloud it kicked out, I'm really into it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

For only a few bucks they are very versatile...so for me it was worth the risk of trying one...

And now i can't vape on any other rda...that's why I have so many lol....

Just finished building one for my son cos he wasn't happy with the weaker flavour from his tanks...(he kept sneaking a go on mine lol)

6 simple coils "remote wicked" as usual...makes a noise like a volcano with a giant snake inside...with the same clouds as a volcano too lol..

20160910_170641.jpg

20160910_170728.jpg

Happy final decision making lol

Edit..a few more builds on my other horneys...
Huge dual...no heat no flavour..but had to build them for a laugh...
20160528_151129.jpg

20160530_173312.jpg

Dual notched and quad notched...
20160717_144536.jpg
20160717_144612.jpg
20160707_203208.jpg

Quad aliens...
20160811_171253.jpg

And back to simple quad coils...
20160617_065142.jpg

But simple 6 coil setup is still best for me personally... so far...

Last edited:

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For only a few bucks they are very versatile...so for me it was worth the risk of trying one...

And now i can't vape on any other rda...that's why I have so many lol....

Just finished building one for my son cos he wasn't happy with the weaker flavour from his tanks...(he kept sneaking a go on mine lol)

6 simple coils "remote wicked" as usual...makes a noise like a volcano with a giant snake inside...with the same clouds as a volcano too lol..

View attachment 61202

View attachment 61203

Happy final decision making lol

Edit..a few more builds on my other horneys...
Huge dual...no heat no flavour..but had to build them for a laugh...
View attachment 61249

View attachment 61251

Dual notched and quad notched...
View attachment 61252
View attachment 61253
View attachment 61254

Quad aliens...
View attachment 61258

And back to simple quad coils...
View attachment 61261

But simple 6 coil setup is still best for me personally... so far...
Hell yeah! That's badass! I found a clone for $9 and my hubby asked about the authentic and I found one for $125 and was like, they're pricey but he paid $60 for my double vision, so he said what's the difference lol. He'd rather authentic anyway

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
I tried to buy authentic ages ago when wild bull said they would only EVER be making 200 of the so horney's(a limited run)..so I wanted one..even at $150..
I got to the checkout and discovered the vendor did not ship to the uk...bummer...
The day after I tried to find another vendor and came across a clone..so I bought that cos I was pissed at not being able to get an authentic with a serial number below 200 (seems a bit anal now lol)...
If I had bought authentic back then I would be well pissed off by now as wild bull lied about the limited run...last time I checked they were upto 900 on their 4th run...without much reduction in price...

On my clones from 4 different manufacturers,2 rdas out of the 10 were poorer quality...loose peek insulators and bad surface finish...so this manufacturer and his rdas got binned...

On the authentic you will get larger post holes...3mm instead of 2mm as on the clones...but this gives less thread for the grubscrews in the authentic(easier to strip a thread).
Also on the authentic there is a fixed divider on the deck to allow a different flavour in each well...(I was going to machine away this divider so one side would never get dry)...the clone juice well is shared...so no dry wells...

So to recap...authentic has 3mm post holes with 2 juice wells..
Clones state the same features as authentics(but thats a lie) cos they have 2mm post holes and a shared juice well...

If I were to buy an authentic now, then I would machine the juice divider to make it more like a clone...but that's just me lol..

Either will fine...or just buy both..for an extra 9 bucks... :0)

Another pic to show what a fan I am of the horney's lol
20160911_094419.jpg

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried to buy authentic ages ago when wild bull said they would only EVER be making 200 of the so horney's(a limited run)..so I wanted one..even at $150..
I got to the checkout and discovered the vendor did not ship to the uk...bummer...
The day after I tried to find another vendor and came across a clone..so I bought that cos I was pissed at not being able to get an authentic with a serial number below 200 (seems a bit anal now lol)...
If I had bought authentic back then I would be well pissed off by now as wild bull lied about the limited run...last time I checked they were upto 900 on their 4th run...without much reduction in price...

On my clones from 4 different manufacturers,2 rdas out of the 10 were poorer quality...loose peek insulators and bad surface finish...so this manufacturer and his rdas got binned...

On the authentic you will get larger post holes...3mm instead of 2mm as on the clones...but this gives less thread for the grubscrews in the authentic(easier to strip a thread).
Also on the authentic there is a fixed divider on the deck to allow a different flavour in each well...(I was going to machine away this divider so one side would never get dry)...the clone juice well is shared...so no dry wells...

So to recap...authentic has 3mm post holes with 2 juice wells..
Clones state the same features as authentics(but thats a lie) cos they have 2mm post holes and a shared juice well...

If I were to buy an authentic now, then I would machine the juice divider to make it more like a clone...but that's just me lol..

Either will fine...or just buy both..for an extra 9 bucks... :0)

Another pic to show what a fan I am of the horney's lol
View attachment 61319
Nice. I'm thinking the clone might be something I'll try. I could show him what the clone is like and see if he'd still want the authentic. For $9 i can't see a downside or a loss if either of us doesn't like it

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now to just find a new mod I like ^_^ he has a RX200S but its too bulky for me. I want something that'll fit in my pocket but packs a punch. My kbox is looking really beat up

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
I only use mechs... but both my apprentices use regulated...one vapes his horney at 80watts with 6 coils on his 200w snow wolf....the other has a 75w kbox n vapes at 40watts with quad coils on his horney...both are very happy with flavour n clouds with the simple coil builds n remote wicking I did for them...

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only use mechs... but both my apprentices use regulated...one vapes his horney at 80watts with 6 coils on his 200w snow wolf....the other has a 75w kbox n vapes at 40watts with quad coils on his horney...both are very happy with flavour n clouds with the simple coil builds n remote wicking I did for them...
I read you can upgrade the kbox 120. I'll have to plug it into my computer and see what happens

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
I read you can upgrade the kbox 120. I'll have to plug it into my computer and see what happens

No idea on kbox 120 firmware...but higher wattage is better for me personally ....
I started mechs on 57w then 80w.....but after getting the horney I upped to 300w then got the lucifer series mod to try higher wattages...the lucifer is currently set on 1000w..after trying 650w then 1250w...but my incubus is my all day vape at 300w with a 1.5 second draw...

1000w scorches my throat..even with under a 0.5 second draw..will eventually look for a longer drip tip to try cool it down and take longer draws...but for the time being I'm more than happy at 300w on the parallel incubus..

Higher watts=more flavour n clouds for me personally (up to the point of scorching my throat that is)..lol

happy upgrading and coil building

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No idea on kbox 120 firmware...but higher wattage is better for me personally ....
I started mechs on 57w then 80w.....but after getting the horney I upped to 300w then got the lucifer series mod to try higher wattages...the lucifer is currently set on 1000w..after trying 650w then 1250w...but my incubus is my all day vape at 300w with a 1.5 second draw...

1000w scorches my throat..even with under a 0.5 second draw..will eventually look for a longer drip tip to try cool it down and take longer draws...but for the time being I'm more than happy at 300w on the parallel incubus..

Higher watts=more flavour n clouds for me personally (up to the point of scorching my throat that is)..lol

happy upgrading and coil building
I stay at 75-100w. But I'm at .11 ohms. I might go higher with more wraps for bigger clouds

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup..quad coils are your next step for bigger clouds...then onto 6 lol
So is there truth in the more wraps more clouds theory? I still have a lot to learn about ohms and rdas but i thought the lower the resistance, the hotter it can get and the bigger the clouds

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
So is there truth in the more wraps more clouds theory? I still have a lot to learn about ohms and rdas but i thought the lower the resistance, the hotter it can get and the bigger the clouds

The simple answer is yes on a regulated as the extra wrap will increase the ohms but the circuit board will make up the difference to keep you at 100watts...
On a mech the answer is no as an increase in ohms will lower the wattage....

My advice is buy 2 horney's at 9 bucks each...on one build your existing dual coils at 0.11ohms...on the other double your number of wraps but put 4 of these longer coils in...that should give you around 0.11 ohms again..but you now have 4 times the length of wire and potentially 4 times the amount of clouds...
I did my apprentices simple quad coils at 0.11 ohms on his horney...and he chucks big clouds out at only 40watts on his kbox 75..

Plus if you get 2 horney's you can vape on one whilst experimenting with builds on the other then just swop them to test your new creations

Hope this helps...

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The simple answer is yes on a regulated as the extra wrap will increase the ohms but the circuit board will make up the difference to keep you at 100watts...
On a mech the answer is no as an increase in ohms will lower the wattage....

My advice is buy 2 horney's at 9 bucks each...on one build your existing dual coils at 0.11ohms...on the other double your number of wraps but put 4 of these longer coils in...that should give you around 0.11 ohms again..but you now have 4 times the length of wire and potentially 4 times the amount of clouds...
I did my apprentices simple quad coils at 0.11 ohms on his horney...and he chucks big clouds out at only 40watts on his kbox 75..

Plus if you get 2 horney's you can vape on one whilst experimenting with builds on the other then just swop them to test your new creations

Hope this helps...
Awesome! Yeah, I would really rather start with clones so he doesn't go wasting $250 if they're just as good

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
Awesome! Yeah, I would really rather start with clones so he doesn't go wasting $250 if they're just as good

Lol..The good quality clones are better for me personally anyhow....
My problem with the authentics now is that I would have to remachine the deck to make them into a single juice well..and therefore be more like the clones...
Separate juice wells are no good for me...I don't want potential dry areas on my cotton as I only drip my juice from the top through the wide bore...
Have fun and happy building..

If you want the cloud production of a dripper give the tfv8 a try. It's a ridiculous tank. It may not chuck out clouds like my temple rda with a stupidly excessive build but it is impressive for a tank
It's on my list I'm impressed enough to put it there but I'm getting a tfv 4 first

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors