Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I currently use a Russian 91v2
Things I don't like....
1: not being able to re wick with a full tank
2: the center post not being tight enough

Just looking around to see if there is a better option out there.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe the taifun doesn't require you to empty tank to access the deck. I don't have one so idk about the center post issue. I use a Kayfun 3.1 and just rewick at the end of a tank....
Something like the big dripper may interest you? It's a rda with a 5ml tank on top that you use to auto drip.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Erlkonigin and squape reloaded are the best rta's and look the best imo. But theyre pricey af.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I currently use a Russian 91v2
Things I don't like....
2: the center post not being tight enough

Just looking around to see if there is a better option out there.

No 2:)
3/16 x1/8 tygon tubing usually fixes center post so they tighten up and dont short out. Mcmaster carr.com. I couple of feet will last a life time at 1/4 in lengths.

Last edited:

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Taifun. When my friend showed me the correct way to fill it (flip it upside down and remove the guts out from inside the tank), which made me realize i can rebuild it or whatever without dumping juice, it became my favorite topper. My RSST is ok too, but the Taifun is just the best.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never used one of these RBA's,I skipped this step and went right to the REO. I knida wish I had at least tried one to see how the taste was compared to dripping. But I had read so many horror stories of them so finiky i just bought a bottom feeder.

Try the Kato Mirror........can be used as a top build or bottom build. Bottom build gives the feel of a tank andTop build like a dripper.....very awesome device.

Last edited:

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That squape looks AWESOME!! But good lord the price. I wouldn't pay that much for any rebuildable of any kind, but that's just me. These things gonna come down in price?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That squape looks AWESOME!! But good lord the price. I wouldn't pay that much for any rebuildable of any kind, but that's just me. These things gonna come down in price?
Yeah get a clone

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Authentic Russian is good so is my Aqua Clone. I watched some good YouTube videos on building them and have never had a leak. My next RTA will be a Talifun GT. I have a Single wick RRST I modified to use a SS Mesh U wick and it a good vape-opened up the airhole also

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just want to be able to manage my builds without emptying the tank. Maybe be able to fill from the top, but that's not a deal breaker.
But seriously, that squape looks bad ass. I like the fill design with the twisting tip. and the non conductive parts are such a great idea.
I actually just solved some shorting problems I had on my russian.

acttr
The= Kayfun i have is just as bad as my Kraken
You need to be a professor in Quantum Physics to get them working right

Fad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Taifun or Squape.

Both being 23mm in case that`s a consideration, although the Squape R(eloaded) should be 22mm.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Ruzgar has the ability to rebuild without emptying the tank. It's deck is pretty much identical to the Kayfun. It has a a quartz tank too. Only downside is it is only 2.5ml.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My vote is for the Expromizer, the result of a Kayfun and Taifun knocking boots. Best thing is that you can take out the bottom and fix your coil/wick without losing juice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fad

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My vote is for the Expromizer, the result of a Kayfun and Taifun knocking boots. Bet thing is that you can take out the bottom and fix your coil/wick without losing juice.

Interesting. Never heard of that one. Researching it now.

Fad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 for the eXpromizer

Has the smoothest airpath I`ve ever had on any atomiser.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
+1 for the eXpromizer

Has the smoothest airpath I`ve ever had on any atomiser.
yea, its REALLY quiet. Flavor beats the Kafun/Russians hand down.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I be watching this thread... I love my kayfuns and with rayon seem to finally have an easy consistent wicking method, with my leaking primarily coming from temperature changes. However, they are still finicky, I need a couple more RBA's, and all this I've read about taifuns and such being able to re-wick without losing juice sounds fucking awesome. Gonna be researching these options for sure.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently got both a By-Ka and Orchid clone. I'm enjoying both, but their a little finicky. I also have a new Pallas atty on the way. The Fogger V4 is nice also, even thou it's a bit leaky.

I'm on a bit of an atty kick of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just want a good tank that won't leak and can hold at least 4 ml of juice, no dry hits, no emptying to rebuild/re wick.
Squape relied looks epic for sure, non conductive build deck and chim seems like an amazing idea. But at nearly $200 I laugh in there face. Not spending that much on any are Atty ever.

If the thunder dont get you then the lightning will

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just want a good tank that won't leak and can hold at least 4 ml of juice, no dry hits, no emptying to rebuild/re wick.
Squape relied looks epic for sure, non conductive build deck and chim seems like an amazing idea. But at nearly $200 I laugh in there face. Not spending that much on any are Atty ever.

I have clones of the v1 squape and the aqua. Hate them both. Using kayfun and taifun all day every day.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The BIG BUDDA BY EHPRO... LOOKS AMAZING, I do have the kayfun 26650 and taifun gt.. When I want stronger nicotine,I use the taifun with a .9 built.. On the kayfun 1.0ohm
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will the squape come down in price anytime in the next 6 months???

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL..dude it's obvious you're in love with the Squape. It's not going down in price so forget that. Plus I've only ever seen it on 1 website. So it'll probably be just like Kayfun original releases..impossible to get for the first few onths anyway. Just save up and get one. Or who knows..maybe China is working away to have the clone available the day after the original is released..lol (Funny, but they've been doing that quite a bit lately.) It's a cool looking little device and I'm definitely going to get a clone when they become available. Hell, if they are good, I'm gonna get one in every color..LOL Patience grasshopper....patience :)

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL..dude it's obvious you're in love with the Squape. It's not going down in price so forget that. Plus I've only ever seen it on 1 website. So it'll probably be just like Kayfun original releases..impossible to get for the first few onths anyway. Just save up and get one. Or who knows..maybe China is working away to have the clone available the day after the original is released..lol (Funny, but they've been doing that quite a bit lately.) It's a cool looking little device and I'm definitely going to get a clone when they become available. Hell, if they are good, I'm gonna get one in every color..LOL Patience grasshopper....patience :)
Clones are up for orders on alibaba for the squape reloaded. All size decks included. Just need a vendor or groupbuy for 50+ pieces.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will the squape come down in price anytime in the next 6 months???

Just wait a couple weeks for the clone. Alibaba has them up for order with all size decks included.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Boom! There ya go! I probably coulda told ya that but I didn't think of looking it up a few minutes ago. Our Squapes will be available soon! For probably $30-$40..LOL

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Boom! There ya go! I probably coulda told ya that but I didn't think of looking it up a few minutes ago. Our Squapes will be available soon! For probably $30-$40..LOL
A realistic price....

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tempting, I'll wait to see what people say about the clones. Not all clones are created eaqual. . .

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just outta curiosity WimpysRevenge, how long have you been using the Kayfun? Do you have originals or clones?

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm using a russian 91v2, I've had it for a couple months. It's alright. I have high standards though. It shouldn't be that hard for a company to create a decent tank.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know it's frustrating, but I guarantee you that even if you bought a $200 Squape, there would still be a "learning curve" and the main thing that you have to keep in mind is that anything that depends on rebuilding has the potential to be "fiddly" no matter how expensive or well made it is. I really don't have any problems with my Kayfuns, but many do. People who are totally into Geni's (which I personally can't stand) will say to just get one of those because they don't have any problems with that. The only thing nobody seems to complain about at all are the new Mini Nautilus with the bvc coils to my knowledge. Just saying...have you tried one of those? All I hear is that the flavor is awesome and haven't heard any complaints about the tanks. Only drawback is that you have to either keep buying the coils or rebuilding them.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just rewicked my squape clone and it is performing better now. However, I am totally in love with my taifun gt clone! So simple to build and it doesn't seem to mind how I wick it. I was getting a very slight leak out of the side air hole, but that disappeared when I switched to rayon. I get so frustrated trying to redo my protank coils. I think I am going to get another taifun. I bought the nano top on fasttech which makes it much smaller. I always have a bunch of different flavors going, so I use a lot of tanks.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have clones of the v1 squape and the aqua. Hate them both. Using kayfun and taifun all day every day.
Subjective -I really like my Aqua Clone not leaks if built correctly. good flavor

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Subjective -I really like my Aqua Clone not leaks if built correctly. good flavor
I don't have problems with leaking with the aqua. I had to repair it out of the box because it had a short in the positive post. The drip tip is too loose to control the chimney, supposedly a juice control. If it is not perfect dry hits or gurgling difficult to get a happy medium. It gets very hot very quickly. I found it subpar. It will be going in the pif box, maybe someone else will have better luck.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know it's frustrating, but I guarantee you that even if you bought a $200 Squape, there would still be a "learning curve" and the main thing that you have to keep in mind is that anything that depends on rebuilding has the potential to be "fiddly" no matter how expensive or well made it is. I really don't have any problems with my Kayfuns, but many do. People who are totally into Geni's (which I personally can't stand) will say to just get one of those because they don't have any problems with that. The only thing nobody seems to complain about at all are the new Mini Nautilus with the bvc coils to my knowledge. Just saying...have you tried one of those? All I hear is that the flavor is awesome and haven't heard any complaints about the tanks. Only drawback is that you have to either keep buying the coils or rebuilding them.

The Nautilus mini and full size perform the same with the BVC coils . They are very very good but after much time with both the Kayfun and Nautilus , the Kayfun if built correctly still beats them for flavor. I haven't found a replaceable coil tank yet that can beat a re buildable if it's built right.

VU Sponsors