Become a Patron!

Best RTA currently on the market???

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 80 + Atomizers. Opinions are like underwear, everyone has their own, for complete dependability I am going with Kanger Tech. They don't leak, ever. Have had a Pro Tank 8 for months. Same coil. Same with the Giant, & Mega. The Smok Aspire is a winner also. These are only good for Vaping, not showin' off. My Zero Gravity manual pump dripper will make a Mosquito fogging machine blush. It puts out fog banks.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 80 + Atomizers. Opinions are like underwear, everyone has their own, for complete dependability I am going with Kanger Tech. They don't leak, ever. Have had a Pro Tank 8 for months. Same coil. Same with the Giant, & Mega. The Smok Aspire is a winner also. These are only good for Vaping, not showin' off. My Zero Gravity manual pump dripper will make a Mosquito fogging machine blush. It puts out fog banks.

You wouldn't have a Big Dripper too, would you? I'm curious about how it compares to the Zero Gravity.

Best RTA hmm, this one is a toughy. Two RTA's comes to my mind.

Lemo Drop
Pros

- Short Chimney compared to the regular Lemo gives it a warmer and flavorful vape.
- Super easy to build on due to the big deck
- Great airflow (big airflow channels)
- Juice flow is not a problem here if wicked correctly, which is very easy.
- Almost no leaking
Cons
- Small deck screws, hard to trap wires under them. I replaced mines with Kayfun deck screws.
- Fill hole screw can rust but they provide you with a rubber plug, which works better.
- Airflow control sucks ass, it's tucked inside and under the RTA.
- Can't clean the coil without wasting some juice.

Subtank Mini
Pros

- Short Chimney, gives the same if not better vape compared to the Lemo.
- Good deck, easier to trap wires.
- Awesome airflow and AFC is on the outside
- Juice flow holes are smaller compared to the Lemo.
- No leaking
- Can clean coils without wasting juice
Cons
- Red o-rings sort of bother me but not a big problem and they can be replaced.
- Got some dry hits at higher wattages.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Best tank for now IMO is the Lemo. Cheap, authentic, available and uses a single coil. Single coils don't drink your juice instantly and gives you better battery life than duals. And thats kinda the purpose of tanks, right? When you are out and about you propably want good battery life and dont want to refill your tank five times a day.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wouldn't have a Big Dripper too, would you? I'm curious about how it compares to the Zero Gravity.
If the price is right I would collect a Big Dripper. The Zero Gravity is a formula 1 car of drippers. I have had no problems with it. Screw it on a 26650 Mod & it blows like a freight train. I have some pics in the cloud casing thread. But I blow clouds just because I can. I am so grateful I found vaping. It did save my life.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the price is right I would collect a Big Dripper. The Zero Gravity is a formula 1 car of drippers. I have had no problems with it. Screw it on a 26650 Mod & it blows like a freight train. I have some pics in the cloud casing thread. But I blow clouds just because I can. I am so grateful I found vaping. It did save my life.

I finally figured out how use my Big Dripper regularly and I really enjoy it. I might have to get a zero gravity clone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally figured out how use my Big Dripper regularly and I really enjoy it. I might have to get a zero gravity clone.

Since they are real similar I want to pass this along. Try 2x .24 Ga with 6 wraps @ 25 watts. I used Celucotton. It's entertaining. My Zero leaks, but I never take it anywhere so it don't matter. I have the O ring, I just don't care.:cool:

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since they are real similar I want to pass this along. Try 2x .24 Ga with 6 wraps @ 25 watts. I used Celucotton. It's entertaining. My Zero leaks, but I never take it anywhere so it don't matter. I have the O ring, I just don't care.:cool:

About .2 Ohm's? Probably too much for me. Lol.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Where does it leak from? Just got one but haven't set it up yet. Also, are you using max VG in your Zero? I assume thicker would be better.

BTW, that's a BF99 on the right. It's what you might call a double dipping gennie. Looking forward to seeing what it can do too.

IMAG0331.jpg

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where does it leak from? Just got one but haven't set it up yet. Also, are you using max VG in your Zero? I assume thicker would be better.

BTW, that's a BF99 on the right. It's what you might call a double dipping gennie. Looking forward to seeing what it can do too.

View attachment 16839
It drains out the air holes if I prime the coils. It just don't shut off the juice. Just use it as a dripper.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the Zero Gravity going last night. Did a conservative .7-.8 ohm build and it hits hard with good flavor, though not quite up to the dripper quality vape I'm shooting for. Gonna try a bigger coil and wick. Otherwise it's working much better then the Big Dripper clone it replaced. The 8mm wide chimney ID is fantastic. Top filling fiddly but functional. Only thing the BD has that I would like to have is the tank window. The tank is not autofeeding onto the deck, no nasty leaks, etc. Will get back to you when I have a bit more experience with it.

imag0330_picmonkeyed-jpg.16883

Last edited:

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. Looks like you can rewick or rebuild with a full tank on that one.
I just pre-ordered the Goliath from Gear Beast. It was $29. I found a 8% off code, then added tracking.

It's my first order from Gear Beast.....we'll see.

I absolutely love the Silverplay from vapordna. Big( 6mm) chimney and excellent airflow options. Dual coils are easy with the two hole positive post.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the Zero Gravity going last night. Did a conservative .7-.8 ohm build and it hits hard with good flavor, though not quite up to the dripper quality vape I'm shooting for. Gonna try a bigger coil and wick. Otherwise it's working much better then the Big Dripper clone it replaced. The 8mm wide chimney ID is fantastic. Top filling fiddly but functional. Only thing the BD has that I would like to have is the tank window. The tank is not autofeeding onto the deck, no nasty leaks, etc. Will get back to you when I have a bit more experience with it.

imag0330_picmonkeyed-jpg.16883

After observing the Zero Gravity pump and juice spout working, I realized how readily the stock spout will deposit drops to the side of the chimney therefore dripping down the inside of the chamber. This is one of the things responsible for leakage out the air holes.

If you grind the end of the juice spout flat so the opening is elliptical and centered (see picture) the drops will always fall to the center of the deck when holding the atty straight up. You still have to be careful not to overfeed though, because the juice well is pretty shallow. Also, depressing the pump just 1-2mm is enough to get one generous drop, because the first drop is as much about unsealing the pump o-ring seal and letting the tank breathe as it is about pumping pressure. Using this pump method you can count drops more accurately and avoid overfilling the juice well.

There are things I would change about this atty to make it function a bit better and more leak free, but the vape is fantastic. Great around the house. Still not ideal for the shirt pocket though.

IMAG0348_picmonkeyed (2).jpg

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I believe the taifun doesn't require you to empty tank to access the deck. I don't have one so idk about the center post issue. I use a Kayfun 3.1 and just rewick at the end of a tank....
Something like the big dripper may interest you? It's a rda with a 5ml tank on top that you use to auto drip.
I apologize for the lenhy post, but I'm cutting an pasting a post I made at another forum I frequent
I've compared the following:
Erlkonogin (auth)
Erlprinze(auth)
Aqua v2(auth)
squaper(auth)
Taifun gt II(auth)
Kayfun v4 with 4s kit (tobeco clone..regarded as close to auth as anyone)
Not engaging in clone v auth discussion, but for the record it was a gift.
Also in full disclosure I prefer a very dense, warm, flavorful vape and a loose draw as my opinions are based on that.
Out of the box the erlprinze was and is my favorite fairly loose draw, very flavorful and a good thick vape, building on it was very easy kicking it however is a learning curve.
The erlkonigin surpassed it once the center post was changed from its stock to available upgrade, giving it a slightly looser draw than the prinz, more flavor and vapor
Closely behind was the aqua v2, these top three are interchanged regularly. The aqua is basically like building the erlkonogin twice as its a dual coil, giving the vape a denser texture, and fuller flavor, however it does require ore power to push but its worth it.
Those top three I also find to be more aesthetically appealing than the others as well, lighter, smaller with more than ample juice supply.
The taifun v2 after adding a nano cap and tank would be the next enjoyable, simple build, simple fill. Almost identical to the v1 only much improved airflow. Out of the box it was fantastic, just a little to tall for my taste
The kayfunnv4 was a gift after field testing another product.
Without the 4s kit, I felt no difference in vape experience from the 3.1 muted flavor and anemic vapor. Throw in the 4s kit and who, other than its appearance, which is a manner or personal taste, it was great. 35w no dry hits, warm vale, no flooding.
The sqr... ehh I can see it being enjoyable as it is rather similar in vape experience to the taifun, to me its temperamental to build on, wicking made it a dry hit machine for me, and its huge. Way out of my aesthetic range. Out of the above tanks all can be built without emptying tank. The ERl does require a trick since it was not built with the intention to, but its easy.
Again these are my experiences and my personal taste.

Last edited:

Echamberlain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have not seen anyone mention the Rose v2. This atty looks interesting and some of the reviewers love it. Only seen European reviews and am not sure the preferred vape of many of the reviewers I have seen. I know there are clones of this and am curious if someone can tell me how this compares to others mentions in this thread

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Rose is my go to tank, I have two and stumpy kits to go with them, the flavor can't be beat. Bought the Aqua V2 based on reviews and it's not as good to me. The currently sold out $22.00 clone from fasttech is the one to get, a great copy.
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1849800

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Kind of new here, anyway I'm curious about the erlkonigin. does anyone here have experience with it? should be coming in a few hours :D
I have the erl, and its one of my go to's. best advice I can say is if you like and open draw remove the airflow control ring and don't over whick. You want very little wick down the juice channels. The wicking is the learning curve on that one. but once you get it, it will provide you with one hell of a vape

I have the erl, and its one of my go to's. best advice I can say is if you like and open draw remove the airflow control ring and don't over whick. You want very little wick down the juice channels. The wicking is the learning curve on that one. but once you get it, it will provide you with one hell of a vape
I actually thought of just removing the airflow control ring but wanted to ask someone who has used it before, thanks for the info. do you think it's possible to wick it with out having cotton down the juice channels? Just cotton on going through the coil and stopping where the channel starts.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sure its possible, but you would have to cut it just right to avoid flooding.
I wick it through with plenty of excess on both sides, cut it down the middle then one half gets cur even with the channels the other half o cur in half again and use half of it to pit n the channels the other half gets cur even.
So I end up with 3/4 of the wick as a thick shoulder and 1/4 as a piece down the channel.
Incidentally I wick my orchids and aquav2s the same way.
Since I started that I've completely eliminated flooding and dry hits.

I'm sure its possible, but you would have to cut it just right to avoid flooding.
I wick it through with plenty of excess on both sides, cut it down the middle then one half gets cur even with the channels the other half o cur in half again and use half of it to pit n the channels the other half gets cur even.
So I end up with 3/4 of the wick as a thick shoulder and 1/4 as a piece down the channel.
how are the clouds? I see many complaints from it, but I love complications and the difficulty of learning something new for each tank and getting stuff figured out. Once I get it I'll post some pics hopefully! :D Mine is a Wotofo A-mod clone, I trust wotofo tbh

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why would you get the clone when the erlprinze is only a few dollars more and its an authentic? The only difference is the lock on the cap and no wick ring-neither of which het used. The erlprinze also has more airflow than the clone erlkoenigin.
Asking because I'm curious as to why someone would buy a clone when the authentic is just as available for a comparable price. And you won't have to 'trust wotofo'

Why would you get the clone when the erlprinze is only a few dollars more and its an authentic? The only difference is the lock on the cap and no wick ring-neither of which het used. The erlprinze also has more airflow than the clone erlkoenigin.
Asking because I'm curious as to why someone would buy a clone when the authentic is just as available for a comparable price.
Where I live we only have one vendor, and I don't like ordering because the customs here take 50% of stuff that comes through that is vape related.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, was always curious with the 'authentic vs clone' argument, why the clones were so popular with a high dollar atty company putting out a clone alternative at a competitive price why someone would still go clone so I always ask.
And I'm NOT ant-clone I buy both it just didn't make sense in that case.
Anyway,
Its not really a 'cloud chaser' but its good. I mean, a few posts back I have a decent comparison to other rtas

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

+1 to @f1r3b1rd on your wicking technique here. My initial builds had no wick going down the channels, just sitting on top. The flavor and wicking was great but I could not get it to stop leaking out to the air hole.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
+1 on @f1r3b1rd on your wicking technique here. My initial builds had no wick going down the channels, just sitting on top. The flavor and wicking was great but I could not get it to stop leaking out to the air hole.
When the silverplay has another run, I'll probably pick one up and try it on that. With all these newer RTAs coming out having massive airflow I don't see any other way to really balance out not flooding the airflow, yet still allowing enough wick to not choke off the juice flow.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the silverplay has another run, I'll probably pick one up and try it on that. With all these newer RTAs coming out having massive airflow I don't see any other way to really balance out not flooding the airflow, yet still allowing enough wick to not choke off the juice flow.

Don't worry about that. Getting Orchid/Silverplay/Goblin/Billow to be leak and gurgle free is a cinch with a little practice and no wick down into the channels. I have huge airflow and and juice flow on my modified Orchids with not a single gurgle or drop of leakage tank after tank. Those decks look like they could be major leakers but they aren't.

imag0305_picmonkeyed-jpg.16509
p2190015-edit-jpg.16510

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Which deck is that on the bottom?

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which deck is that on the bottom?

Orchid. Air holes are drilled bigger and juice channels ground to conical shape for external juice flow control (the atty on the left). I showed this one because even with air and juice increased this much no gurgling or leaking.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How is gear best? Shipping? Quality? Never heard of them until a few days ago.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is gear best? Shipping? Quality? Never heard of them until a few days ago.

This is the first time I've ordered from them. I read some horror stories during the cloupor mini pre-sale, but it seems like everyone got the orders in the end.

As for shipping, as long as it gets sent in a timely manner, it's up to the carrier to get it here. For quality, we'll see how Youde did with these. I've read some mixed reviews on the Goblin machining.

The Triton I had was pretty nice but when the RTA kit arrived I sent them both back. The Billow V2 I've got is awesome. Great quality and the vapor and flavour is amazing but it drills the juice and it'll leak left on its side so not ideal for work. I ordered a Taifun GT II clone thinking it would be more work friendly but after reading all the hype I couldn't believe how lame it was. Sure it was a clone but the build quality was just rubbish, and sure the vapour production wasn't anything like the billow, I didn't want it to be seeing as it was for work but flavour, damn I didn't realise how good the billow was until I vaped that piece of crap. I'd throw it in the bin but I can get a refund. Plus the design is just idiotic, what's the point in having a big tank when you can only part fill it. The only good thing about the Taifun is its returnable, and it's made me appreciate just how good the billow is!

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
I'll let it go this time,but commenting on threads that started 14 months ago and last comment was 7 months ago is pointless, especially at the rate vaping advances...watch those dates. ; )

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I currently use a Russian 91v2
Things I don't like....
1: not being able to re wick with a full tank
2: the center post not being tight enough

Just looking around to see if there is a better option out there.
The one with good airflow that does not leak

VU Sponsors