Best RTA of 2018-2019

Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by S13hitman, Jun 7, 2019.

1. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The Unity gets my vote as well. I love it.

PaulS likes this.
  2. Bigbob2322

Bigbob2322 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    For MTL the True Rta gets my vote, smooth airflow, superb flavor, size and looks great also.

20190111_143029.jpg

20190709_143135.jpg

3. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Is that the drip tip that came with it, or something you purchased?

Bigbob2322 likes this.
  4. Bigbob2322

Blog Posts:
    That's the drip tip that came with the tank. The True tank comes in 3 colors silver, black and blue.

20190111_143029.jpg

20190111_143029.jpg

20190519_090756.jpg

20190709_142827.jpg

The drip tip is very narrow it's strictly MTL. Look inside the drip tip at the reduced chamber. This is my favorite MTL tank.

20190130_023946.jpg

5. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
  6. St.Roostifer

St.Roostifer Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Bigbob2322 likes this.
  7. PaulS

PaulS Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Really want to try the True. It is one of a few I have not gotten around to testing. I've heard good things about it.

Bigbob2322 likes this.
  8. Bigbob2322

Blog Posts:
    Iv'e tried almost every MTL tank out there and in my opinion the true has the best flavor, smooth air flow,size and it looks great also.

St.Roostifer likes this.
  9. Bigbob2322

Blog Posts:
    Thank's buddy.

St.Roostifer likes this.
  10. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    The aromamizer lite is certainly worth a look for the single coil rta lovers out there. I'm liking it more than the Kelpie.

11. joha_wa_alhimar

joha_wa_alhimar Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I have to admit, I haven't found a good build for mine. It's always way too airy no matter how fat and juicy my coil is, and the flavor is just muted.

12. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    How big of a coil have you tried? I currently have a tri-core fused Clapton made from 29ga cores on a 4mm ID.

Also might want to check the coil height. The coil needs to sit higher up. I always set up my coil(s) for my aromamizers so that I can see through the bottom row of airflow holes.

joha_wa_alhimar likes this.
  13. joha_wa_alhimar

Blog Posts:
    The fattest I tried was an AVS framed staple, 3.5mm ID. Not sure how high it is off the top of my head but I normally try to get it so I can see my coil through the air holes. I really haven't had an issue with my Aromamizer Plus though, the only other one I've owned. That one was a flavor machine with big cloud potential to boot.

St.Roostifer likes this.
  14. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    This is funny because I can't wick my plus worth a damn. It's one of the attys I'm going to sell because for whatever reason I ain't worth a shit wicking the boys. :teehee:

15. joha_wa_alhimar

Blog Posts:
    I guess everyone gets different results haha, but I think you've encouraged me to play around a bit more with my Lite. Maybe my coil is just too low relative to the airflow or something.

16. joha_wa_alhimar

Blog Posts:
    For my own suggestions to add to this list, I'll throw in for the QP Fatality M25. It's been a daily for me since I got one.

Edit: also throwing in for the QP Juggerknot Mini because I'm just a QP fanboy it seems

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  17. St.Roostifer

Blog Posts:
    Maybe the coil is too low. If it's too low some of the air coming in might be missing the coil on the way to the drip tip causing muted flavor. Worth a try.

18. Shredtravolta

Shredtravolta VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Am I the only one who likes the Dead Rabbit RTA?It’s got dual and single coil options, and the top airflow means it never leaks.:grumpy:

JK I know it’s not THE BEST but for the price point if you wick it right it works pretty well.

:banana:

jinx'd and nadalama like this.
  19. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I haven't tried a Dead Rabbit. Have a bunch of RTAs but somehow never got one of those.

Shredtravolta likes this.
  20. DirtySouthVaper

DirtySouthVaper New Member

Blog Posts:
    Same here. I never got a Dead Rabbit RTA even though I love RTAs and have a bunch.
    The first time I saw it I thought the flavor would be horrible. I've since heard people say the flavor is good, but I've heard a lot more say the flavor is very muted. I think the Dead Rabbit RDA has good flavor, there's just no way that airflow design can perform nearly as well in a RTA.

Which other RTAs do you like?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Shredtravolta likes this.
  21. Shredtravolta

Shredtravolta VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I picked up The Fatality and it’s actually way better than the Dead Rabbit. The Dead Rabbit is somewhere around $35 and The Fatality is like $80 so I guess you get what you pay for.

MrMeowgi likes this.
  22. Mikemsp86

Mikemsp86 New Member

Blog Posts:
    The worst would have to go to the jwell krome RDA. Just recieved it today and been experimenting with builds, literally undid the screws twice and the heads have nearly stripped. It looks the part and the flavour is ok, not a great Squonker though. The jwell squonker mech mod that I recieved too, is at least awesome. It is tiny, for a 21700 box mod it is miniscule.

nadalama likes this.
  23. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That Krome squonker is nice looking, but that's too bad about the RDA. Maybe you can find some screws in your other RDA stuff that will fit?

24. Mikemsp86

Mikemsp86 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah the RDA is good don’t get me wrong but using it in the mod I don’t think i’ve found the right build yet and it is quite prone to over squonking even when being careful even more so than with the wasp nano or dpro mini, but it is a single coil 24mm so that’s why it appealed, I’ll have another play around tomorrow. Regarding the screws, they’re a very unusual size, they’re very long, maybe about 10mm as they go right into the deck and lift up the clamp as you loosen them, just a shame they’re really cheap and Philips head, should have been either better quality or flats.

The mod is really good, it has a battery indicator system with small leds around the button, blue for full, white for half and red for nearly empty. Also has a 5 click on and off, and 3 click lock fire button with green light to signify it’s locked.
    upload_2019-8-12_23-54-33.jpeg

St.Roostifer, nadalama and MrMeowgi like this.