Become a Patron!

Best Series Device

Brad731962

Member For 1 Year
im looking to get my second series mod as I already have a cheap clone, that’s had enough. It’s time for a new one but I’m stuck between the AV able clone stacked & the noisey cricket 1& 2. Any recommendation?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Are you after a mechanical mod Brad?

What sort of budget

Also are para series box mods out of the question?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i like the nc2 for its ability to run parallel, series and regulated series builds all on one box. its tough and cheap too. i dont have any experience with the able clones (or authentics for the matter), so i cant make a recommendation there...but i know the broadside clones (also stacked options available) seem like 1:1 (can trade parts with the authentic, feel and work perfectly etc). i almost regretted spending the money on an authentic. the only thing that was 'wrong' with the clone i saw was the serial number had funny spacing and a circular scratch around the bottom ring. could have been an oem blem imo...which is awesome for ~$20.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The Cthulhu serial box mod from deathwish mods can use 20700 or 18650 hits pretty damn hard

the only thing I find is the button is a bit stiff and they could have bezzled the edges a bit better around it

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im looking to get my second series mod as I already have a cheap clone, that’s had enough. It’s time for a new one but I’m stuck between the AV able clone stacked & the noisey cricket 1& 2. Any recommendation?
@CrazyChef v2.0 still has some NC 1's for sale - and already stateside. I like them, but I also bought the Fat Daddy magnetic switch kit. The ONLY issue with these series-mechs is: you need HIGH resistance coils.. I think my first good vape was when I got back to my vaping roots and wound some 1.7Ω coils. I'd definitely recommend Kanth or Ni80 wire. Also, I might suggest using a single-coil RDA or RTA - less fighting to get where you need to be, ohms-wise, and less hassle to maintain.

Yeah, I'd get an NC v2, as well, if they didn't cost about what a regulated mod costs.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My vote it for the noisey cricket II-25. It is so versatile and cheap.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Brad731962

Member For 1 Year
@CrazyChef v2.0 still has some NC 1's for sale - and already stateside. I like them, but I also bought the Fat Daddy magnetic switch kit. The ONLY issue with these series-mechs is: you need HIGH resistance coils.. I think my first good vape was when I got back to my vaping roots and wound some 1.7Ω coils. I'd definitely recommend Kanth or Ni80 wire. Also, I might suggest using a single-coil RDA or RTA - less fighting to get where you need to be, ohms-wise, and less hassle to maintain.

Yeah, I'd get an NC v2, as well, if they didn't cost about what a regulated mod costs.

I’m very experienced in mechs & especially hybrid top caps, so my ohms law is down pat. But I use .09-.10 ohm builds for all mechs so with series devices I stay between .25-.30 and everything is perfect: hits like a champ. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors