Become a Patron!

Best setup for a lazy vaper

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
Ok so wanted to pick the brains from the community. the title best describes my style of vaping. looking to hear the opinions from you guys on best box mod and sub ohm tank setup for someone that is looking to just fill and go.

my goals are simple, I am a flavor chaser.

i think eventually i will get into RDA and RTA but for now I'm totally cool with just finding the "lazy vaper" way lol.

Thanks in advance everyone!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what are you looking to spend?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Kanger DripBox
Snow Wolf 90w/Fountain V2 Squonk RDA
Terminator Squonker Combo
Reo Grande/Squonk RDA
There's many more combo's

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Doesnt get much more lazy then this...I did just sell this setup though...:( Index Finger hits the fire button while thumb rests on the bottle to apply juice...it looks large in the pics but that is a very small setup..
20160217_230320.jpg 20160217_230257.jpg 20160217_225806.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the best box mod, in my opinion is either the rx200
the wismec has days of battery power, enough power to let you vape any way you want
other options woul dbe the joyetech evic mini or the cuboid

for a fill and go tank, I would go with the silobeast from beyond vape. it holds 5ml of juice and takes any coil on the atlantis ot the triton system. from the triton Clapton coil at 1.8 ohms for mout to lung vaping to the 0.4 and 0.3 ohm stainless coils that can run in temp control or even the atlantis 2, 0.2 ohm coils.
it also has topfill making it very easy.

that tank with any of the above mods will let you grow and change your vape style as you see fit.

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
the best box mod, in my opinion is either the rx200
the wismec has days of battery power, enough power to let you vape any way you want

for a fill and go tank, I would go with the silobeast from beyond vape. it holds 5ml of juice and takes any coil on the atlantis ot the triton system. from the triton Clapton coil at 1.8 ohms for mout to lung vaping to the 0.4 and 0.3 ohm stainless coils that can run in temp control or even the atlantis 2, 0.2 ohm coils.
it also has topfill making it very easy.

that tank with any of the above mods will let you grow and change your vape style as you see fit.

some very valuable info there. off to google i go to look at some images. thanks f1r3b1rd!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
some very valuable info there. off to google i go to look at some images. thanks f1r3b1rd!
I edited because I saw the what you wanted to spend
the wismec you can still find in your price range.
they also have the rx200. which is the same mod, different board.

just make sure if you do get a multibattery mod that you practice good battery safety

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
MTL is mouth to lung (inhale)
DL (direct to lung) more of a subohm thing.

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
I edited because I saw the what you wanted to spend
the wismec you can still find in your price range.
they also have the rx200. which is the same mod, different board.

just make sure if you do get a multibattery mod that you practice good battery safety

with the current mod i have (presa 75) is that enough power to run one of those silo beasts, Smok TVF4 or Griffin tanks?

also is the cuboid a better mod then the rx 200? I'm guessing the rx beats it on battery life?

Whats the difference in the in boards between the rx 200 and the DNA 200, is the price worth it?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
with the current mod i have (presa 75) is that enough power to run one of those silo beasts, Smok TVF4 or Griffin tanks?

also is the cuboid a better mod then the rx 200? I'm guessing the rx beats it on battery life?

Whats the difference in the in boards between the rx 200 and the DNA 200, is the price worth it?

the this mod better than that mod debate is something I try to steer away from. - different strokes.
it depends on the power, if you are a mouth to lung vapor, you'll probably use 30-35w maybe?
with the silo beast and the 0.4 ohm coil or the tfv4 with the single coil rba I run about50w
I don't have a griffin so I don't know what build you use or what it would need.

the rx200 is thre 18650s and the cuboid is 2, joyetech owns wismec so essentially both are made by the same people. you would get better battery life from the rx200.
both have there fans though, if I had to choose between the two, I would do the rx200, a fresh set of batteries and a charger.

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
MTL is mouth to lung (inhale)
DL (direct to lung) more of a subohm thing.

ah....thanks for the clarification still new to the acronyms.

the this mod better than that mod debate is something I try to steer away from. - different strokes.
it depends on the power, if you are a mouth to lung vapor, you'll probably use 30-35w maybe?
with the silo beast and the 0.4 ohm coil or the tfv4 with the single coil rba I run about50w
I don't have a griffin so I don't know what build you use or what it would need.

the rx200 is thre 18650s and the cuboid is 2, joyetech owns wismec so essentially both are made by the same people. you would get better battery life from the rx200.
both have there fans though, if I had to choose between the two, I would do the rx200, a fresh set of batteries and a charger.

i keep hearing nothing but good stuff about the x200. the price is right thats for sure. up here in canada they run about 100 dollars but i will most likely just order it from one the the trusted vendors online and just pay USD.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree this would be very difficult to answer because everyone likes something different.
As far as mods go and ease of use....
I really like each one I have.
iStick TC100 - dual 18650, light weight, easy battery swap.
Cuboid - dual 18650, heavy, but easy battery change.
RX200 - triple 18650, heavy, battery cover isn't quite as easy to remove but last longer due to 3 batts.
IPV3 Li - dual 18650, light weight, sliding type door but just works. (squared corners so not quite as nice in the hand)
I run from 53 watts to 78 watts depending on what tank I have on.
For those that I use temp mode, I am still trying to dial in my choice settings so nothing to report yet.
- The Herakles (original) using the .6 coil is the best flavor producing tank I own for my particular flavor. It is bottom fill only and holds 3ml juice so maybe not as easy as you'd like. Maybe it'd be different with other flavors but I only use one flavor in it so I can't compare.
- The TFV4 is top fill, my second best flavor producer(using the quad coil), and holds 5ml juice (although burns through it quickly)
- The Crown is top fill, holds 4ml juice, and just works.
- I'm still trying to decide exactly where the Herakles PLUS fits in here but it is top fill and holds between 3.5 - 4ml juice depending on if you fill from top or bottom.
- The Steam Engine is top fill and holds 6ml juice plus has juice control.
Each of them are great in their own way and offer something a little different.
If any of this helps, great.
If this just muddies the water, sorry.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I think some of you missed the whole "lazy vaper" part ;) That would imply not building ones own atomizers, I should think.

@boogiebot: Depends on whether you settle on MTL or DL (defined above). For either I would highly recommend the Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini box mod. Foolproof mod that uses a single 18650 battery. You can even get away without an outboard charger, as it has reliable on-board charging.
For hassle-free DL vaping on the cheap it doesn't get much better than a Tobecco Super Tank Mini. Can take their own economically-priced coils and those from a variety of other manufacturers, including many Aspire coils (which are common as dirt). It's top-fill, so it's convenient, too. Only downside is you're limited to using the included drip tip. (I like it well enough, so no biggie, to me.)
For MTL vaping it's hard to beat the ELeaf GS-Tank with their 1.8Ω coils. Enough vapor that you can DL with it, to a degree, but can be dialed-back far enough for an enjoyable MTL draw.
Either setup can be done for well under $100 from U.S. resellers.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No its a Snow Wolf Mini and a Fountain V2 Squonk RDA...the combo can be had for less then $70 on Fasttech.
Fountain v2. Thank you. Havent been paying much attention to vaping in the past year. Looks like top air flow. Did it have mucho spitback?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fountain v2. Thank you. Havent been paying much attention to vaping in the past year. Looks like top air flow. Did it have mucho spitback?
Not really, much less then a Derringer, just make sure to build your coils as close to the outer edge as possible and this will reduce your chance greatly with smaller RDA's...The Drip tip on top doesnt have a large Inner Diameter either so spitback isnt something you will even think of using it.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok. Thanks. Will be looking into 1 of these.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok thx. Not a big fan of angelcigs bit if i cant find it elsewhere in the states i will be using your link.

VU Sponsors