Become a Patron!

Best shoelace cotton? Firebolt or cotton threads??

Aeneas

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this is a new one too, it is called coil doctor comes with 50 pieces, has anyone tried it? how does it compare to the other 2? any other top shoelace cotton?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just buy cotton bacon and be done searching

^^^^^ This

The taste and performance of wicking material is very subjective anyways so saying one is "best" doesn't mean it will be best for you no matter how much someone else swears it is

Aeneas

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
there are so many cottons that last so much longer and are far superior if you ask me

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What did you find in your cotton searches? I'd like to try better than bacon v2 or bacon prime. But again it's subjective

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Silica or senshido cotton pads for this guy.

Aeneas

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
heeeh Aeneas le buff cotton dude xDXDXD i really like cotton gods, cotton candy and fuzz are top but i can hardly find em very close to cotton gods, give gods a try i wanna try dat white stuff too, the fusion is great but hard to work with and needs fast rewickings, anyways anyone vaping on shoelace cotton recomending threads or firebolt?!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cotn Threads is ok. It has a bit of a break in time. I'm also a cotton bacon prime fan. I will use the shoelace cotton just out of sheer laziness because of the convenience. It's great as long as my coils are 3mm ID.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still like my good ol Japanese pads the best overall. Cotn threads are super convenient if, as Don Baldy says, your coils are 3mm which is pretty common. I've been using a bit more that aren't 3mm lately though. They are also more expensive.They absolutely DO have a break in time no matter what the marketing says. All cotton does, in my experience anyway.

Cotton Bacon works great, but I seem to have some kind of mental block about getting two wicks identical using it.

For me, the pads are consistent and vape fine.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's been my experience also.
This is one thing that nags at me about youtube reviewers.
"Let's go up top and have a vape on it"

Dude, you just put that cotton in 3 minutes ago. I KNOW you are not getting the true quality of the vape from that product already. To be fair, most of them have already used it for a while before the review and are probably reporting from that, but it still very mildly aggravates me. :wait:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors