Become a Patron!

Best Sites for a Starter Vape

Hi Guys,
I've been a smoker now for about 4 years. My girlfriend got an eCig for her birthday last year and I've stolen it a few times to take to work. I'm a nurse in a hospital, so it makes me feel less guilty about second-hand smoke and the smell when I use her vape.

I've been looking around at the stuff on this site because it seems to search some big sites, but I don't really know what I'm looking for and I don't know where I should start.

I keep seeing things about "Starter Kits," are those worth it or is it better to just order everything piecemeal?

Also: are there any models that are better or worse for beginners, or do the different models even have noticeable difference besides design? I don't care so much about design, as long as it works and looks more or less nondescript. Thanks for any help!!

407Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I started with an ego c-twist and a Kanger T3S or an EVOD. It's a very simple set up and is great for beginners. I still use mine from time to time. As far as websites I like esmoker online.

I started with the Halo Triton from Halocigs.com, pretty simple and easy to use but very limited. My next kit was the Kangertech EMOW which I liked much better for flavor and vapor production. I got mine from sweet-vapes.com they have a great slection of hardware at great prices, never tried their juice though. I usually get my juice locally, but sometimes I order from misthub.com.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Let me start by asking you this before I reccomend anything.

How much do you smoke and what is your budget?

IMHO that is the best way to start your search.

Thanks so much for all your recommendations!

When I'm not using my gfs vape I usually go through 2-3 packs per week. I'm not sure what that equates to in vape juice, but I haven't thought much about it because I see so many vapes used by pack-a-day smokers that I figure any size would be fine for me.

Budget-wise, cheaper is always better but I've been looking mostly in the $20-30 range. That seems to be the cost of most modest starter kits.

Hi All. New to the forum. I have been doing some reading, and the more I read, the more confused I get. I am a pack a day smoker, maybe more when I drink, and have been for 40 years. It is way past time to quit. I ducked into a Vape shop the other day to get some insight. The owner was a pretty nice guy with what I believe to be good information regarding various research sites, etc. Based on my usage, he recommended the EVOD 2 kit for a good starter kit for me. He felt it was the most convenient for me as a starter based around my tobacco habit and work environment. Can anyone provide feedback on the starter kit, as well as additional recommendtions, without confusing me more. Thanks in advance.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would not go with one of those "starter kits". They wont put off enough vapor to satisfy you.

I quit smoking with an Aspire CF VV and an Aspire ET-S tank. That was plenty for me to break the shackles, and not very expensive at all.

Knowing what I know now, whenever anybody asks what they should buy to start, and to kick cigarettes to the curb - I highly recommend the Eleaf iStick and an Aspire Mini Nautilus tank. I am firmly convinced that ANY smoker could quit with that setup easily.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Knowing what I know now, whenever anybody asks what they should buy to start, and to kick cigarettes to the curb - I highly recommend the Eleaf iStick and an Aspire Mini Nautilus tank. I am firmly convinced that ANY smoker could quit with that setup easily.
Replace the piece of crap istick with a 20w MVP and I agree. ;)

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There ya go - sage advice.

Same power and as an added bonus, it's bigger! Want even more bonuses? I'll throw in terrible ergonomics too. A friend of mine has one and that firing button position is for the birds.

I don't know about your area, but around my parts everybody refers to the iStick as the MVP killer.

Whatever would make somebody refer to the iStick as a piece of crap is beyond me. It is definitely a quality device. Diff'rent strokes ya know.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A brass, fixed pin connector for one. The physical and electrical connection between devices is kind of important. The terrible regulation also. Two of the most important things it does, connect to an atomizer and regulate the power it provides to an atomizer, it does very poorly. I care about function too, not just form.

VU Sponsors