Become a Patron!

Best Squonk, in your opinion, that doesn't leak?

chehn

Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone, I am kind of new here, and was thinking of moving from my G-class to a squonk mod, but have heard really polarizing reports on it. Some seem to swear by it, others have told me its ruined a pair of their jeans, and (lol) got juice all over his car seat. I was just wondering if any of you all that have gone through different models, or know of features to look for, or even what squonk you think is the best, and why, that would be more than awesome. Hope you all are having a good day too!

Chehn

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, I am kind of new here, and was thinking of moving from my G-class to a squonk mod, but have heard really polarizing reports on it. Some seem to swear by it, others have told me its ruined a pair of their jeans, and (lol) got juice all over his car seat. I was just wondering if any of you all that have gone through different models, or know of features to look for, or even what squonk you think is the best, and why, that would be more than awesome. Hope you all are having a good day too!

Chehn
To clarify, are you looking for mod suggestions, atomizers, or both?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typically, they leak only when over-squonked, (yes, I periodically do it too - unconsciously).

However, some will have really miserable 510/squonk connections - and some will leak inside the 510 and then wherever it can get to. My DS-Style used to dribble all over the compartment - I solved this by ditching their proprietary-bottle and then had to go one step further with the plasticine-like sink/RV caulk-rope around the 510 fitting in the top. It's been bone dry inside for months now.

Additionally, you will almost always see a wet "ring" on top when you remove the atty, and the base of the atty will be wet. As long as it never gets past that I don't care: I wipe both when I refill with a vandyvape bottle.

On the whole, it's vastly better than bottom-airflow RTA's that decide to suddenly dump their load.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Topside hasn't leaked and has a couple of good properietary bottles that are soft and don't have too press hard......

It's been good !
f671574435ac11f8dd31192cf621407f.jpg
19b91d0fc05d42aad779e0367b235572.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Topside hasn't leaked and has a couple of good properietary bottles that are soft and don't have too press hard......

It's been good !

As far as I can tell from several reviews/videos: the Topside really can only leak - like everyone else - if that 510-connector and it's associated 90°/90° connection decides to leak. But, yeah - it's been about a month? I've not heard anyone getting irate with it.

chehn

Member For 1 Year
Nice! very good information. as for the first reply, yes, I am basically looking for a whole unit. I bought a g-class, and it is pretty nice, but I think you could probably get a better experience with a smaller unit. If any of you have recommendations for what you would put on a g class to make it a great mod, I am still open to those options too. The squonk just seemed like the next level past the g-class. I haven't even had the g-class for that long.

chehn

Member For 1 Year
I have a vaporfi viper on it right now, and only have a few coils for it, but a .2,.5 and a bunch of 1.2 ohm coils for it, but I am having trouble getting the two to mate well.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! very good information. as for the first reply, yes, I am basically looking for a whole unit. I bought a g-class, and it is pretty nice, but I think you could probably get a better experience with a smaller unit. If any of you have recommendations for what you would put on a g class to make it a great mod, I am still open to those options too. The squonk just seemed like the next level past the g-class. I haven't even had the g-class for that long.
You can get a small RTA that is the best in my own opinion, small (24mm), sexy, wonderful deck.... And amazing build quality..... The Reload... Make sure it's in the package I show....To be legitimate.....lots of clones....

or The Dead Rabbit .... Top airflow, no leaks and amazing flavor and clouds....

Big RTA only The qp Fatality or The Steamcrave Glaz.....
ad291065c3515ee56146f527c151b047.jpg
dacf8ede911c7f657d87bbc48a8a22f9.jpg
68adbec9ea2655af5bdf989b354f88ea.jpg
fb212d2ba525acbe7b9f0ba15c16ec14.jpg
318722248a3269f3c5d205c3c27b9200.jpg
d4359d573c492076b7cd6684816f3c4c.jpg
5b440037c6361f74ac0837c12d71b9a9.jpg
d98abf8be64b372ebaa9f073cf716562.jpg

Last edited:

chehn

Member For 1 Year
You can get a small RTA that is the best in my own opinion, small (24mm), sexy, wonderful deck.... And amazing build quality..... The Reload... Make sure it's in the package I show....To be legitimate.....lots of clones....

or The Dead Rabbit .... Top airflow, no leaks and amazing flavor and clouds....

Big RTA only The qp Fatality or The Steamcrave Glaz.....
ad291065c3515ee56146f527c151b047.jpg
dacf8ede911c7f657d87bbc48a8a22f9.jpg
68adbec9ea2655af5bdf989b354f88ea.jpg
fb212d2ba525acbe7b9f0ba15c16ec14.jpg
318722248a3269f3c5d205c3c27b9200.jpg
d4359d573c492076b7cd6684816f3c4c.jpg
5b440037c6361f74ac0837c12d71b9a9.jpg
d98abf8be64b372ebaa9f073cf716562.jpg
aaan, that looks really good. I was looking into pehaper a whicking mod, but enough people have told me of drawing issues, that the mod on yours actually makes the whole thing look better. I ended up getting the carbon as well. Not sure if I'm totally happy with finish choice, though. Lol. I'm really interested in what you've got there.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah you can make the g class look good,
aaan, that looks really good. I was looking into pehaper a whicking mod, but enough people have told me of drawing issues, that the mod on yours actually makes the whole thing look better. I ended up getting the carbon as well. Not sure if I'm totally happy with finish choice, though. Lol. I'm really interested in what you've got there.
With anything.... Big or small..... aromamizer supreme plus......

The Glaz RTA.....

The Reload.....
2ab00d52c3ac3364177dd591eedd994d.jpg
c468106921a88518b46de293ae91b5ee.jpg
202af03251379fa7ab3db10623382868.jpg

Hope the information helps you some.......

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Chehn

I've been squonking for many years and own over 50 squonkers and have never experienced anything like that - what were they doing with what model of squonker?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been squonking for many years and own over 50 squonkers and have never experienced anything like that - what were they doing with what model of squonker?
It's probably people that work and abuse their equipment, not a lot of movement and destroying mods in an Igloo while eating whale blubber and vaping......

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's probably people that work and abuse their equipment, not a lot of movement and destroying mods in an Igloo while eating whale blubber and vaping......

Muktuk is a lot of work Cheechako

chehn

Member For 1 Year
I believe it was in his pocket, and he was smoking it in detDetr, made about a two hour drive North, and apparently he had a leak. He's my main guy saying no, and just to try to improve the g glass instead, but I don't know what to to. Thus far I've only had a vaporfi viper sub ohm on it, and not too impressed thus far with the G class, especially when you can get a rta or any other rebulre or just buy the coil packs, and have a continuous flow of juice. I just don't want to buy anything I have to drip into every half dozen hits is all, honestly. If I could acheve that with the g class and the vaporfi viper, I'd be pleased with that.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a Reload or a Dead Rabbit..... The Dead Rabbit is amazing..... RDA quality vape....and I don't care what you do with it..... It will never leak......

The Reload is about $70 or $80 bucks.... The Dead Rabbit maybe $30.00

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's been good !

Uh huh, I see how you are.

"Look Ben, it's all pretty and squeeky. He's so soft and fluffy you'll wanna die!"

Well, I gotta wait until I gets there (funding) to gets it. It won't be long either. Can wait. Think I have made my mind up it'll be my next BIG purchase item, not all due in part to you. You don't help. *chuckles* But you're not making my decision on it, or ... are you? ;) :)

I actually decided sometime last week after having looked it over. Like the look of it. Reminds me of the Ola Hero mod in a way. Got one of those from Discount Vapers, liked it too, except for the chip shorting out on me and the mod becoming a brick. (Note to self: slow vibrational frequencies when vaping to avoid shorting electronics, you know you do this.)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been doing alright with a Wasp, Dead Rabbit, Gorge RDAs and Coppervape and Eleaf Pico Squeeze, Reo Grand clone mods. I only leak if I over-squonk. It happens sometimes. Paper towels are handy.

Dead Wabbit nearly kicked my head in its such a nice RDA. I'm having trouble finding any negatives to it. Oh yeah, ... um, it wicks ... different? Well piss, that's not exactly a negative either.

chehn

Member For 1 Year
What is everyone's opinion on the new SX mini X - auto squonk? Think its going to be a winner?

Lawless_lou

Member For 1 Year

Chehn
I just bought a ohm boy rage and I'm loving it! No leaking, and it's a beast! Also have a pulse bf 80w that I've had zero issues with leaking

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like @JuicyLucy I have numerous squonk mods, none that leak....if you over-squonk the atty will leak tho. After squonking for awhile, you do it without even thinking about it....with no leaks from over squonking.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What is everyone's opinion on the new SX mini X - auto squonk? Think its going to be a winner?

I'll wait and let others spend the cash first - I'm leery of automatic stuff, and so far, none of the other new squonk methods have been that great

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a brick.

Reckon a person gets enough bricks they could build a house.

On review, think I'll go see if Raymond Burr is serving coffee again. Seems he gets upset if you muss his suit up. I apologized though and explained I had about a three month backlog. He then understood my wearing a kilt.

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's been good !

Nice Stumpy. I have two authentic and one clone that I'm holding onto like grim death.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It certainly looks interesting, and it'll be cool if it works well. The mod is rather chunky though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll show more interest in the topside when dualie - but I still have huge issues with dumbass battery "hatches" that eventually decide they won't close/contact properly. I shit-thee-not: I am a True Believer in the Hcigar Vt133 cover over a battery sled. (Even if they paint completely sucks it "Just Friggin' Works"™).

Frankly, I am looking forward to hacking up a 2x18650, parallel, Programmable, PWM squonker. (If my contact ever gets his act together).

VU Sponsors