Best Sub-Ohm Clearo for mech mod

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am looking for your opinions which of the current sub ohm, and soon to be released sub-ohm tanks would be best for a mech mod?

I like to chain vape. I like to vape high VG juice. I want something easy to fill.

Basically that can hit hard, with decent flavor and vapor, and can keep up with my chain vaping with max VG juice when being given 4.2V from a fully charged battery on a mech mod.

I currently have a few of the subtank line. I LOVE them but I find my sweet spot with the 0.5ohm coil is 22-25W...so @ about 3.8v (mech would be too high) on the 1.2ohm coil I find my sweet spot is 16-18W...so the mech would be enough...so subtank is out.

I had an atlantis but sold it. I found this to work better OK on a mech mod..it was a little hot for me when the battery was fully charged. What made me sell it was the sketchy coil material and the flavor was lacking (compared to subtank)...but now that there are OC coils available, this may be an option again.

Here are a few other options I have seen, but done know how they would do on a mech mod:

Arctic Sub Ohm tank by Horizon
Delta II by Joyetech
Eleaf Melo
SMOK vapor chaser

and atlantis (with OC coils)

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have Atlantis on a Emma mech mod and works great with awesome flavor. Yes with the newer coils

Cloud79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Delta 2 and I don't care much for mechs, but I can say that the Delta 2 works well even at 17 watts which equals 4.2 volts on my Segelei, with the rba deck in it at 1.0 ohm. The airflow makes a difference though. Above half opened and the flavor drops a little and vapor slows down too. Rebuilding at lower resistance might improve this. It is recommended for 20-45 watts either way, I stay around 25 to 30 and I am impressed by this tank. It hangs with my tobh for clouds and flavor is as good as my kayfun if not better. Hope this helps. Oh and thick juice should be fine since there's 3 adjustable slots for flow with the stock coils and two big square channels in the rba deck.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have a Arctic Sub Ohm tank on the way

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with Panther1911, the Arctic by Horizon Tech kicks all other tank's butt! They come a .2 and a .5 ohm coil and are rated up to 100watts when using the .2 ohm coil. Also, one huge fault I have found with the Lemo Drop, Subtank (mini too), the Atlantis, and even the Billow.

I had the Atlantis. And now I have the arctic. Love it! Little harder to fill then the Atlantis. But well worth it in flavor and longevity of the coil.

And I do recommend getting a different mouthpiece as the metal one that comes with it tends to get hot if you chain vape. 2puffs seems to work well for me.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am liking the arctic so far, just need to find coils

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well, i just saw the lemo 2 review on youtube by vapechronicles... its WELL MET!!! fill from the top (twist top portion of tank) looks great!

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you tried the .5 on the mech? You will never see 4.2 on a .5. Too much droop. more like 3.8, or less depending on the battery.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw awhile back where people were saying the Atlantis does not work with hybrid adapters for mechs.. just a heads up

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honestly, I'd be affraid to use any of these sub-ohm tanks on a mod with a hybrid cap. I've heard of a few shorting because the contact pin in the 510 is simply just too short. I gues what's happening is the negative portion of the 510 is also coming in contact with the positive on the battery.

Edited because my spelling sucks. Lol

Dc01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.2 herakles works like a dream on my Mech wicks good taste unreal....just spits a lil with lower by juices so keep at or above 70vg....and eats through juice...Lol

Last edited:

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Arctic is very nice. I also just got the Zephyrus about a week ago and I have been blown away by how good the flavor and vape is with the rebuildable deck on this one. If you're alright with building, it's a better option than the Arctic imo. If you just want to use premade coils, the Arctic is going to be hard to beat.

As for the Melo, just a heads up it is basically an Atlantis V1 clone with less airflow. It uses the same coils and imo isn't a very good tank.

VU Sponsors