Become a Patron!

Best Sub Ohm Tank, and RTA for flavor

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does sound insane. The tri coil is all I have tried so far and it's awesome. After these go I'm going to try the TF-T4 quad Clapton coil. I haven't tried the crown but man I love my TFV4.

Posted via my phablet using Tapatalk
How many watts you run your triple coil? I like mine around 65-70w but I hear some folks run it alot higher..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How many watts you run your triple coil? I like mine around 65-70w but I hear some folks run it alot higher..

I run mine at 75w. Comes out to about 4v with the .2 tri coil

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run mine at 75w. Comes out to about 4v with the .2 tri coil

1307bc44213ba0bd2bc382f6292a5837.jpg
Thanks!
I just got the 100w Presa mod yesterday trying out the TFV4 triple coil..not sure if this is a good set-up yet...will bump it up to 75w and see if the vapor thickens up..

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
1307bc44213ba0bd2bc382f6292a5837.jpg
Thanks!
I just got the 100w Presa mod yesterday trying out the TFV4 triple coil..not sure if this is a good set-up yet...will bump it up to 75w and see if the vapor thickens up..

Cool. TFV4 like lots of power and will guzzle juice pretty good. I have the Wismec RX200 which is a triple 18650 mod. The flavor is so good though.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool. TFV4 like lots of power and will guzzle juice pretty good. I have the Wismec RX200 which is a triple 18650 mod. The flavor is so good though.

d497d33d43261552af69a5a2937e6c2d.jpg
love my RX!
Also really like this Griffin RTA...

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Griffin.....Now you're talking my language.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Griffin.....Notre you're talking my language.

c5875c869e21825135b2ba41cb87a122.jpg
I liked the Griffin so much I ordered a second one three days after receiving my first! Lol

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Believe me. If I had had the money I would have done the same.

Would you say to wait and get the
Griffin 25 or buy the 22mm version that has been out for a while. I'm kind of on the fence as to what to buy. I have a rx200 but I was thinking to buy the TFV4 but heard that it could break the rx200 so I decided to look rta route.

My short list was the :
1)Griffin and the Griffin 25 (old or new one)
2)The vaporesso Gemini
3)Boreas
4) aromamizer

I don't have any preference to brands I just don't want it to be a leaky tank.

paul.k

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The griffin used to be my fave until I got the Boreas. Better flavor and tank capacity takes it over the top. Will try the Supreme soon.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The griffin used to be my fave until I got the Boreas. Better flavor and tank capacity takes it over the top. Will try the Supreme soon.
Yeah? Sounds interesting.. Can you post a pic of the build in your Boreas?

paul.k

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm out of town now and don't have any pics of my build but it's basically the same building as my griffin with two more wraps. Dual 3mm clapton 10 wraps @ 0.6 ohms running at 75 watts. Also the wicking is like wicking a rda. Just tuck it under the coil. Super easy.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm out of town now and don't have any pics of my build but it's basically the same building as my griffin with two more wraps. Dual 3mm clapton 10 wraps @ 0.6 ohms running at 75 watts. Also the wicking is like wicking a rda. Just tuck it under the coil. Super easy.
I really like the Griffin
e8a1caefa3078f9bdaa5b41510a0e593.jpg
Simplest RTA I've ever built.. Seen here with a simple 24g build after 100 mls of juice ran thru it..Boreas have a velocity style deck? Adj juice control that actually works OK? Wide open airflow!? Just curious as I'm about to get another Griffin or ?? Thx

paul.k

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like the Griffin
e8a1caefa3078f9bdaa5b41510a0e593.jpg
Simplest RTA I've ever built.. Seen here with a simple 24g build after 100 mls of juice ran thru it..Boreas have a velocity style deck? Adj juice control that actually works OK? Wide open airflow!? Just curious as I'm about to get another Griffin or ?? Thx

If you think griffin is easy the Boreas you can do it with your eyes closed. I still use my griffin everyday as I carry at least two devices at all times. Between the two I still reach for the Boreas. Imo it just performs better. I run the griffin wide open but the Boreas only 3 airholes open to get similar airflow. Ymmv.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Griffin has a good adj airflow and juice flow control both that actually work well. And I hear for those that want even more airflow that they have our are soon to have a top airflow. I'm very picky about the gear I buy and don't buy alot so I make sure to only buy quality.

I have a Griffin, a Uwell Crown, a Derringer RTA that was piffed and a Wotofo Lush RTA. All top quality and very happy with all. Derringer is tough to build, but AMAZING for flavour.

Last edited:

DaRodent

Member For 4 Years
Has anyone tried the Geekvape Ammitt yet?

I am looking for my next tank. I am enjoying the Billow V2 once I figured out the build on it but almost tome to expand my horizons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
still waiting for my Ammit to show up:wait:

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best flavor in a subohm tank for me was in the Kanger Subtank Mini but using the RBA (Version 1)
Best flavor in an RTA was in the Goblinv2 (not the mini) using the small tank but I retired it because of the bottom filling.
Now Im waiting for the Tilemahos v2 plus which is said to have amazing flavor and the Billow Nano v2 which should be even better than the regular Billow.
Kayfun v4 is still top notch flavor but has dryhit issues with low builds and thick juice, Im looking forward to the new Kayfun Mini (clone), if the clones are any good I might go for the authentic. The Rose v2 clone I had was incredible too but very tight draw and hard to build.

1. Kayfun v4 / Rose v2
2. Subtank Mini RBA / Goblin v2
3. Billow v2

In general you could say that the smaller the chamber, the better the flavor + more airflow = less flavor
But in the end it obviously depends alot on your build. Im not using claptons and crazy stuff much, so my opinions are based on more "normal" builds.
I agree with most of this . For sub ohm tanks, kanger subtank mini is hands down the best flavor . I have the v2 rba and I love it. The stock .5 ohm claptons arw quite nice too. Now I also think the tfv8 baby beast is freaking awesome and has amazing flavor with huge clouds . The variety of coils for it fit any vaping style too. It has an optional rba for less than 10 bucks too, Making it a great versatile all day banger . My subtank was one of my first tanks, and my first rebuildable so it has a special place in my heart, amd my baby beast is my newest sub ohm tank, and is probably the best and my all sound favorite tank when it comes to stock coil heads that give out the best flavor , very close if not just as good as most rtas

For flavor RTA , the merlin mini is freaking insane, a single coil flavor monster . Coil art mage is also top notch . Both are also quit cheap . The kay fun mini 3 is great flavor and and nice MTL vape, but those kayfuns are up around 100 bucks which is just too much for me personally...

Last edited:

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I picked up a Merlin mini, and I'm really digging it. I'm running it in single coil mode right now, with a clapton. I forgot to take the restrictor out, which is meant for MTL. I'll definitely tttake that out when I rebuild....but Im loving the merlin so far

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know this thread has been done before...but since I don't see it on the front page of this sub forum, AND every month new stuff comes out...I figure an updated thread won't hurt.

Two questions:

1) What is the best sub ohm tank for Flavor?

2) What is the best sub ohm RTA for flavor?

Right now, I have 3 sub ohm tanks: Aspire Atlantis, Arctic Horizon, and UWell Crown. All three are decent performers, with their own pros and cons. All three are decent.

I haven't tried any sub ohm RTAs yet. I was a big fan of Kayfuns when they first came out...I have 3 but retired them about 6 months ago (or more).

Im not a cloud chaser, but I'm a HUGE flavor whore. I'm just not satisfied right now.

Bonus question:

How is the Kanger subtank?
In my humble opinion
best sub ohm tank is the TFV12 or TFV8 depending on how many watts you want to use. If you normally vape under 100 watts other good tanks are the big baby beast/baby beast, freemax starre pure, Ijoy EXO XL (it's right around 100 watts IMO but can be used less)
for best RTA for flavor my top 3 (in no order) would have to be the boreas, supreme, and griffin 25 plus (for less then 30mm RTAs)
Also the EXO RTA I'm still in the process of evaluating and reviewing it but so far it's pretty awesome

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My best flavor tank is the OBS Crius 22mm, at high wattage the TFV8 and big baby beast are also up there. The 22mm Griffin and Tobecco super tank RTA are also very good

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think the TFV8 Cloud Beast is the best sub-ohm tank that I have, followed by the Big Baby Beast.

VU Sponsors