Become a Patron!

Best Sub-Ohm tank for low-mid range wattages

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys
Im in sort of a dilemma with a question my girlfriend came and asked me today. She wants to buy a new sub-ohm tank to replace her Smok Baby Beast. She purchased the Alien 85 watt kit and has fallen in love with it, I think I may be kicked to the curb quite soon lol. The baby beast is a great tank don't get me wrong, but the coils are shit. My first mod was the Alien 220w kit and I had and felt the same issue she is having currently. I went the RDA/Dripping route and have never looked back, but she doesn't want to tinker and build. She just wants to vape and not having to buy coils every 2-6 days. Im just looking for suggestions from you guys, since I haven't got a clue about the tanks and pre-built coils now days. Ive heard good things about the Crown III and Sense Hercules. But my only concern with these new big tanks is they need a bunch of wattage for them to shine. And her mod only goes to 85 watts. So if there's anyone that could suggest or provide some info on the subject I would be much appreciated. Thanks fam, Keeps on a vapin.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crown 3 or crown mini , coils last a long time , I am getting 2-3 weeks on a coil at 60 w and always stay around the same period , crown 3 is going on 2.5 weeks on same coil and still rocking .se1 has good coil life also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For the Baby Beast, the lesser known T6 coils outlast the T8 and far outlast the Q2. As for Uwell, I like the SE1 with the latest Crown 2 coils. I also like the original Cleito, any of the Herakles tanks, and the Super Tank Mini is not bad.

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome input guys. I really appreciate it. By the sounds of it once she uses up the rest of her coil heads it's gonna be onto the C3.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ISub (any of them) rewickable coils, good flavor, not expensive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the Uwell SE1 or the Crown 2 with the V4 coils. You can find them at most online retailers and Ebay for about $20.00 for the tank and even less for a 5 pack of the new C2 coils (yellow o-ring and YELLOW insulator, not the black. Those are the old ones...) Great flavor and vapor production at around 50-60 watts.

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice. Thank you DeucesJack, Forza and ChrisL. Some great input and info on tanks I've never heard of let alone knew about. I never thought about getting a older version tank but it makes perfect sense since it's been out awhile and has lived up to the hype.
I haven't used a tank since my starter kit, Alien 220w with BigBaby Beast, and I guess I was disappointed how fast the coils burnt out on me. Then I dove right into the rda game and never looked back. Although I do own a couple RTA and RDTAs but with those it's alllllll about how you wick em in order for them to work correctly. There's been some awesome RTA/RDTA's that have come out just in the last 3-4 months. But for some reason when I have the money for a new atty, I'm always reaching for a new RDA.
I guess once I've aquired the lengthy list of RDAs on my wish list I'll most likely start getting the RTAs that I've also been eyeing. The market move so friggen fast that I don't think I'll ever catch up. Hahaha Oh well that's what I get for not switching over from smoking sooner. And also my RDA wishlist is muuuuuuuch longer than my RTA list but that's me. Although I really do need a new RTA/RDTA for one the go. So far I have BabyBeast, Limitless XL RDTA, Medusa, Moonshot 24mm I think that's it.
So if anyone could also recommend a solid, great flavor, good wicking, RTA or RDTA that would be much appreciated. Whooops I don't wanna completely change the topic and the person who this thread started about. :p Thanks again guys. Vaping has become a new hobby and passion of mine. Definitely never thought I would get into it like I have but I love every aspect of what vaping brings. So thanks Fam and keeps on a vapin

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice. Thank you DeucesJack, Forza and ChrisL. Some great input and info on tanks I've never heard of let alone knew about. I never thought about getting a older version tank but it makes perfect sense since it's been out awhile and has lived up to the hype. I haven't used a tank since my starter kit, Alien 220w with BigBaby Beast, and I guess I was disappointed how fast the coils burnt out on me. Then I dove right into the rda game and never looked back. Although I do own a couple RTA and RDTAs but with those it's alllllll about how you wick em in order for them to work correctly. There's been some awesome RTA/RDTA's that have come out just in the last 3-4 months. But for some reason when I have the money for a new atty, I'm always reaching for a new RDA. I guess once I've aquired the lengthy list of RDAs on my wish list I'll most likely start getting the RTAs that I've also been eyeing. The market move so friggen fast that I don't think I'll ever catch up. Hahaha Oh well that's what I get for not switching over from smoking sooner. And also my RDA wishlist is muuuuuuuch longer than my RTA list but that's me. Although I really do need a new RTA/RDTA for one the go. So far I have BabyBeast, Limitless XL RDTA, Medusa, Moonshot 24mm I think that's it. So if anyone could also recommend a solid, great flavor, good wicking, RTA or RDTA that would be much appreciated. Whooops I don't wanna completely change the topic and the person who this thread started about. Thanks again guys. Vaping has become a new hobby and passion of mine. Definitely never thought I would get into it like I have but I love every aspect of what vaping brings. So thanks Fam and keeps on a vapin.
Yep, you in the rabbit hole. Lol.

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the post, and all of the great responses. I love the TFV8 series tanks, all three sizes. But the coils just don't seem to hold up for long.

Swaglife81

Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna chime in as I'm a ADV Smok baby beast and big baby user. Alot of the sub ohm tanks that might be similar or rival the big baby or baby aren't going to be much better in flavor IMO. Pre built coils just aren't gonna last long. I get 7 days ADV out of X4 coils which to me are the best flavor/cloud of the coil choices. You got tanks like Cleito Exo but anytime I watch reviews or folks doing comparisons they seem to all favor Smok. To get longetivity you are gonna need to go the RBA, RTA, RDTA route which I'm looking at. Vandy Vapes, and Ijoy exo I believe there newer tanks are all using copied Smok baby coils and are cross compatible. From what I've seen this year the best pre built lower/mod wattage coils are Smok and Aspire. Almost all the designs look very similar to these 2 coils. The only other reasonable option I see not going that route but going pre built coils still is the Vaporesso route with the Euc coils with the sleeve thing. I think a $20-$30 RTA is still the best option if one is ready to upgrade from a Smok big baby or baby. This is my opinion though and others might feel different. Looking at all tanks, newer and older. There just isn't much difference vs each other. It's like everything has been done. Top flow there, side airflow there, bottom adjust airflow here, 2ml, 3ml, 5ml.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the post, and all of the great responses. I love the TFV8 series tanks, all three sizes. But the coils just don't seem to hold up for long.

I was late to the CB tfv8, starting with the Q4 around 90-100 watts. Flavor was very sour for about the first 4 ml, and then I guess the coil finally broke in. Hope I don't need to repeat that twice weekly.

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just started building coils, and the Baby Beast RBA is what I'm using right now. I also have an Augvape Mini Merlin, Digiflavor Pharaoh RTA. The TFV8 RBA is good too. Flavor is so intense with the RBA. It's starting to be everything I thought it could be.

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was late to the CB tfv8, starting with the Q4 around 90-100 watts. Flavor was very sour for about the first 4 ml, and then I guess the coil finally broke in. Hope I don't need to repeat that twice weekly.

I have had some weird flavors with SMOK coils as well, like you describe. Mine have been a weird chemical taste. After about 20 draws it seems to go away.

Swaglife81

Member For 4 Years
I just started building coils, and the Baby Beast RBA is what I'm using right now. I also have an Augvape Mini Merlin, Digiflavor Pharaoh RTA. The TFV8 RBA is good too. Flavor is so intense with the RBA. It's starting to be everything I thought it could be.

I've yet to grab the RBA for the baby. How is the build deck size for size vs some RTAs. Much difference, I looked at one locally and just looked small. I'm kinda wanting to try it but than for not much more I can get a dedicated RTA. I ripped apart one of my burned up baby coils today and I was like this crappy stock coil produces great taste and vapor surely the RBA is great too.

Are you able to run like basic Clapton's like people can run on RTAs without fitment issues?

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've yet to grab the RBA for the baby. How is the build deck size for size vs some RTAs. Much difference, I looked at one locally and just looked small. I'm kinda wanting to try it but than for not much more I can get a dedicated RTA. I ripped apart one of my burned up baby coils today and I was like this crappy stock coil produces great taste and vapor surely the RBA is great too.

Are you able to run like basic Clapton's like people can run on RTAs without fitment issues?

The build deck itself is a little small. So far, I just used the stock coils that it came with. They're Claptons with six wraps each. The flavor is amazing, and I think better than the TFV8 RBA.

If you want a bigger build deck, maybe look into the Digiflavor Pharaoh RTA. I really like that one. Bigger build deck, and it has spring loaded clamps which makes it super easy to use. In the review and build video that RiP Trippers did, he explains that it's made for a big coil. I should mention that it's made for only a single coil, but a big coil. I put an Alien Clapton in it, and it's vaping great. Had some leaking issues at first, but it took a few times to get the wicking right.

I also picked up the Demon Killer coil set. The coils are pretty small, so they'd work well with the Baby Beast RBA.

Swaglife81

Member For 4 Years
The build deck itself is a little small. So far, I just used the stock coils that it came with. They're Claptons with six wraps each. The flavor is amazing, and I think better than the TFV8 RBA.

If you want a bigger build deck, maybe look into the Digiflavor Pharaoh RTA. I really like that one. Bigger build deck, and it has spring loaded clamps which makes it super easy to use. In the review and build video that RiP Trippers did, he explains that it's made for a big coil. I should mention that it's made for only a single coil, but a big coil. I put an Alien Clapton in it, and it's vaping great. Had some leaking issues at first, but it took a few times to get the wicking right.

I also picked up the Demon Killer coil set. The coils are pretty small, so they'd work well with the Baby Beast RBA.

Is the Demon Killer set the one in the redish container? I think I saw the combo kit today at work. (I work at Amazon)

VU Sponsors