Become a Patron!

Best tank & coil for Cool Fire Plus

What are the best tanks & coils for the Innokin CoIL Fire Plus? I have tried four kinds and they all end up tasting burnt. The one tank that came with it was great then it tasted burnt replaced the coil with the replacement one that came with it and it tastes burnt. I am new to vaping, but I like the taste and like the VG mix better.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What are the best tanks & coils for the Innokin CoIL Fire Plus? I have tried four kinds and they all end up tasting burnt. The one tank that came with it was great then it tasted burnt replaced the coil with the replacement one that came with it and it tastes burnt. I am new to vaping, but I like the taste and like the VG mix better.
What tank are you using?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
From what I saw online, they use 0.2, 0.5 and 2 ohms coils. Generally people are using the 0.2 and 0.5 for higher VG juice. The 2 ohm tank is more for those that prefer a mouth to lung draw, like smoking a cigarette, and they work better with thinner juices.

Most people will say that PG carries flavor better than VG, but you can still get good flavor using high VG, which is thicker. Be sure to prime your coils by dripping juice in them, then fill the tank and letting it sit a few minutes. This will help to prevent a burnt hit.

If you're drawing directly into your lungs, I'd go for the 0.2 or 0.5

How many watts have you been vaping? What coils have you been using?

I can vape up to 70 watts, but I currently only vape 20 watts. I never primed the coils I didn't relize I should be doing this. With the new burnt one is it too late to prime it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-24-07-45-16.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-24-07-45-16.png
    647.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2016-04-24-07-45-33.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-24-07-45-33.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 4

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can vape up to 70 watts, but I currently only vape 20 watts. I never primed the coils I didn't relize I should be doing this. With the new burnt one is it too late to prime it
Assuming those have cotton wicking material, once they're burnt, they're burnt. They're sometimes packed with cotton, so they do need at least a few minutes to soak up the juice. If you've used them all, just pick up some more, unless you can get the cotton out without disturbing the coil, then repack with organic cotton.

VU Sponsors