Become a Patron!

Best tank for flavor chasing (Beginner)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For flavor chasing? You want rebuildable. The coil itself being the MOST important part of catching flavor. Something like an Avocado. Or anything with a velocity style build deck........

Dhm.co

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any genesis style deck, as for the build; you can get a reel of alien from your store (or online) for like £7? Lasted me a long time. This is if your lazy and can't be bothered to build your own.
Also if your not looking for building, the limitless XL is great, just the coils are quite pricey.
The clieto treated me well when I started my vaping journey, great flavour, okay clouds.... it's just a begginers though! You'll be craving something "better" soon ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would pair a Baby or Big Baby with a dual battery mod like an Alien or similar, get good batteries like LG HG2 or Samsung 25r, and a smart charger like Nitecore.

Crown is not bad but coils can be hit or miss. Super Tank has many coil options.

But the Baby and Big Baby have many great coil options. Big Baby includes RBA but for rebuilding I would get a full time RTA like Ammit or Engine.

bomatt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started I tried many sub-ohm tanks looking for the best taste. I found that the Tobeco 25mm Super Tank, and the Mini Super Tank had the best taste, at a good price. Also, when you're buying liquids, for more taste go with more pg. For bigger clouds, more vg. Hope this helps.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a beginner not a cloud tank. Flavor chasing is about low wattage tanks.
Yeah I kniw... but the kiddies these days are into wattage.....

Imo the beginner chaser should learn to build a flavor build first on an old school general or RTA like a Kayfun. You don't get the juice dripping flavor of today's gear... but you will learn to make a great tasting vape. That high watts will never duplicate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would pair a Baby or Big Baby with a dual battery mod like an Alien or similar, get good batteries like LG HG2 or Samsung 25r, and a smart charger like Nitecore.

Crown is not bad but coils can be hit or miss. Super Tank has many coil options.

But the Baby and Big Baby have many great coil options. Big Baby includes RBA but for rebuilding I would get a full time RTA like Ammit or Engine.
Kanger subtank mini. They actually use the Square Subtank coils in the very expensive flavor chasing Billet Box. And the Subtank Mini also comes with a nice little RBA deck. which is all I use with my STM's btw.
Mine never leak.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any suggestions? I'm hearing Crown, Cleito, Mini Super Tank

Which is the best?
I would suggest the Tobeco SuperTank 25mm with Eleaf .25 ohm notch coils as an entry to mid level flavor chasing tank. If you wanted to go after flavor and bigger clouds the Sense Blazer 200 with the .6 ohm ceramic coils is impossible to beat without moving in to an RBA. The Tobeco SuperTank Mini, the Coilart Toruk, and the Smok TFV8 would round out my top 5 not necessarily in that order.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Which is the best?
clieto, baby beast, big baby beast all great flavor tanks that only use less then 70 watts
I wouldn't bother with the supertank. i had a supertank RTA and didn't like it at all. gave it away.

are you looking to quit smoking or upgrade a set up you already have?

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
clieto, baby beast, big baby beast all great flavor tanks that only use less then 70 watts
I wouldn't bother with the supertank. i had a supertank RTA and didn't like it at all. gave it away.

are you looking to quit smoking or upgrade a set up you already have?
When there has been at least 3 threads on the first page of this sub forum complaining about the Cleito for the past several weeks, is it not time to stop recommending it? Not only is it an obsolete and inconvenient design, but it is obviously problematic for many also.

When you are making claims about the integrity of other reviewers elsewhere on this forum it seems odd that you would be recommending an item that so many are having issues with. Or maybe, just maybe, different people express different opinions based on different experiences and expectations. Personally I think the Cleito is a piece of utter crap. But I wouldn't be calling you out if I didn't feel that you had called out others for identical behavior.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
When there has been at least 3 threads on the first page of this sub forum complaining about the Cleito for the past several weeks, is it not time to stop recommending it? Not only is it an obsolete and inconvenient design, but it is obviously problematic for many also.

When you are making claims about the integrity of other reviewers elsewhere on this forum it seems odd that you would be recommending an item that so many are having issues with. Or maybe, just maybe, different people express different opinions based on different experiences and expectations. Personally I think the Cleito is a piece of utter crap. But I wouldn't be calling you out if I didn't feel that you had called out others for identical behavior.
it's not calling out by any means. i give my honest opinion. the clieto is a great tank. no reason not to recommend. most people here have no such issues. I check the help threads everyday. i can't remember seeing any issues with a clieto outside of "my coil taste funny after 3 weeks" lol
and i don't call people out, i just offer a differing opinion. the only time i would "call someone out" as you say is if they say something factually wrong like the fuchai 213 does temp control and does 213 watts because it's factually a wrong statement. The clieto was just one of my recommendations. I like to give people options. You are welcome to say it's crap if that's how you feel. Differing opinions are always welcome.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

just to be 100% fair i went to search the forum

clieto leaking http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cleito-leaking.296941/
issue was the guy lost an oring on his coil before installing. put a new coil in and no issues since. user error

super old bump thread but taste burnt http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-cleito-atomizer-problems.205859/
issue coil lasted only 5 days. dependong on your juice and how much you vape thats pretty normal. i personally never get more then a week on any premade coils. lots of people in the thread talking about how they love theirs

same issue as above. coil life http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cleito-problem.296101/
still getting a week and loves his tank. expected 3-4 weeks per coil. no issue

So all three were user issues or unreal expectations. not an issue with the tank itself

I did see some people complain about vapor lock. personally I've never experienced it and had the tank for well over a year

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have an authentic Cleito 120 and have absolutely no problems and, rather, only praise for it.

Edit: oh and it works fantastically at only 80w. I've heard it is good all the way from 60w all the way to 120+w.

Last edited:

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just to be 100% fair i went to search the forum

clieto leaking http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cleito-leaking.296941/
issue was the guy lost an oring on his coil before installing. put a new coil in and no issues since. user error

Factually he said that when it didn't leak it had vapor lock. Those are both issues. The o-rings were all there if you go back and read again.

super old bump thread but taste burnt http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-cleito-atomizer-problems.205859/
issue coil lasted only 5 days. dependong on your juice and how much you vape thats pretty normal. i personally never get more then a week on any premade coils. lots of people in the thread talking about how they love theirs

Agreed.

same issue as above. coil life http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cleito-problem.296101/
still getting a week and loves his tank. expected 3-4 weeks per coil. no issue

Reading comprehension problems??? Said he used to get 3 weeks and was looking for help to see what was going on as his coils were only lasting for 1 week now. A 67% decline in life expectancy is a real issue.

So all three were user issues or unreal expectations. not an issue with the tank itself

I did see some people complain about vapor lock. personally I've never experienced it and had the tank for well over a year

Selective reading or a reading comprehension problem doesn't change the FACT that it is a piss poor design. The tank is not a tank unless a cheap ass coil is installed. If the coil is out of manufacturing tolerances the seals will not work. Rough handling could cause enough of an alignment issue to cause the tank to leak when assembled. I understand perfectly that it is a similar principle to their previous designs like the Nautilus and Atlantis where both ends are threaded holding the top cap and base together. But the issue comes from the fact that the coil is now nearly the height of the tank so manufacturing variances have an even greater impact than previous designs. Before the Cleito the only other similar designs were caromizer based tanks. The industry spoke years ago that they just weren't worth the trouble. Shorter or fatter like the Toruk or Cleito 120 and it won't be as big of an issue. Still not the best design however.

Like I said pimp the Cleito all you want but statements made elsewhere like this...

Yeah. Efest and sig both went after people for being called out. Both are shitty companies. Wismec is too cause of the 510 issues and their BS warranty stance. I'm 99% sure they paid people to say the thereom was good too cause reviwers loved it and vapors hated it. Just poor quality products IMO. Smok was shitty I'm 2015 but did a great job in 2016. Ijoy has some really great products as well. Those are the 2 companies that are making good products for vapors. Wismec/joyetech is just shady. Aug vape has made some nice tanks too as does geekvape. So many options and so many reviwers put there it's really hard for people to pick products. But nothing is better then asking a forum full of avid vapors for their opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hopefully will give enough people pause before taking any reviewers recommendation on a product. Including your recommendation. Maybe someone else found value in the Thereom like you find value in the Cleito. Maybe they weren't paid.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Factually he said that when it didn't leak it had vapor lock. Those are both issues. The o-rings were all there if you go back and read again.

Reading comprehension problems??? Said he used to get 3 weeks and was looking for help to see what was going on as his coils were only lasting for 1 week now. A 67% decline in life expectancy is a real issue.
normal life expectancy for coils is about a week. obviously this is dependent on how much you vape, the type of juice, chain hitting, wattage etc It differs for everyone. Aspire coils are not known to have issue. most likely he changed juices. sweet juices gunk up coils fast. as do dark juices.

Selective reading or a reading comprehension problem doesn't change the FACT that it is a piss poor design. The tank is not a tank unless a cheap ass coil is installed. If the coil is out of manufacturing tolerances the seals will not work. Rough handling could cause enough of an alignment issue to cause the tank to leak when assembled. I understand perfectly that it is a similar principle to their previous designs like the Nautilus and Atlantis where both ends are threaded holding the top cap and base together. But the issue comes from the fact that the coil is now nearly the height of the tank so manufacturing variances have an even greater impact than previous designs. Before the Cleito the only other similar designs were caromizer based tanks. The industry spoke years ago that they just weren't worth the trouble. Shorter or fatter like the Toruk or Cleito 120 and it won't be as big of an issue. Still not the best design however.

Like I said pimp the Cleito all you want but statements made elsewhere like this...
I never said it's the best design ever. but it works. I've ran many a coil through mine as have many here. several people i recommended a clieto too got one and never had an issue. i brought mine based on the recommendation of a friend and never had an issue. sure it's a small sample size and sure people could have a legit issue with it. but they seem very few and far between. I didn't "pimp" the clieto. i threw it as an option out there. I love my smok tanks. I also through out the baby beast and big baby beast as well. The cleito is nice though because the coils are cheap and easy to find, they have a 5ml extension tank. a good RBA deck for it and it can grow with you. But it's not the only option. i like to give several choices for people to look at themselves and decide but i only list stuff that i personally have and enjoy or things that have a proven track record. If i said get the clieto it's the bets thing ever don't buy another tank, then you would have a valid point. but i never said that. I'm sorry you don't like your clieto. Every tank has good and bad. the baby beast and big baby are hard to fill with a unicorn. even the full TFV8 is. so every tank has it's pros and cons for sure. I just try to keep it honest based on my experiences. I do agree though the coil sealing the top isn't the best design, but to be fair it works the same way for the TFV8 series (all of them) as well as the arctic V12. So it's not the only tank with that design. a few people have come here with complaints on the TFV8 line of tanks as well. there will never be a device that doesn't have 1 complaint against it. or 1 issue. [/quote]

hopefully will give enough people pause before taking any reviewers recommendation on a product. Including your recommendation. Maybe someone else found value in the Thereom like you find value in the Cleito. Maybe they weren't paid.
absolutely nobody should take 1 persons opinion as the holy grail. often even when i give my opinion I'll tag a few people here as well to offer theirs as well. I only used the theorem as an example cause the reviewers compared to the vaping community were very different. I'm sure it's not the only device but it stands out. It's no secret that a lot of the you tubers make some good money doing reviews and get a ton of free shit. it's not secret that reviewers have been bribed in every industry to give good reviews to things. ID if you follow any other industry but a few years back a gaming reviewer was fired for giving a game a bad review because the publisher threatened to pull out their advertising on the site. thats complete and utter BS. my opinion is just 1 of many, but the fact that i don't get free shit, i have no sponsors, i buy all my products, and i don't get a single cent from youtube (notice how i don't have ads enabled?) means that i have no reason to show bias towards anything. but again it's just my opinion and many are free to differ. I never get mad at differing opinions, i go out of my way to respect others opinions. The only time i jump on people is battery safety and even then i don't do it in an asshole-ish way

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just learn to build, it's not rocket science, then you don't pay for coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about you guys taking the pissing contest elsewhere and give the OP your opinion, then stop! Personally, I'd start by asking if you're new to vaping, and do you prefer MTL or DL and go from there. So far, the tanks I see recommended would scare the crap out of a beginner looking to get off analogs. Most people new to vaping get the names of the new, next best tank from a store where they're looking to sell you crap you probably don't need but looks cool.
So then, @InspireAndAdmire , do you MTL or DL? Let's start here!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about you guys taking the pissing contest elsewhere and give the OP your opinion, then stop! Personally, I'd start by asking if you're new to vaping, and do you prefer MTL or DL and go from there. So far, the tanks I see recommended would scare the crap out of a beginner looking to get off analogs. Most people new to vaping get the names of the new, next best tank from a store where they're looking to sell you crap you probably don't need but looks cool.
I like that idea.
Considering the OP said they were a beginner I'm guessing probably MTL.
With that in mind & they're said only looking for a tank only.Leads me to think they have a mod/device of some kind already.My advice would be a nautilus mini and some 1.8 ohm clapton coils.
If the OP does need help with mod/device selection I'm more than willing to give advice on that as well...Cheers!

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Which is the best?
Of the 3 you mentioned I would recommend the Super tank. I had 4 of those. 2 25mm and 2 22mm. They are affordable at under $20. Many colors to pick from. Tobeco coils lasted a long time and gave great flavor. They do have their cons [have to tighten really hard for some mods to read them (my personal experience)] but an excellent beginner tank. I still use the 25mm as my pre-built coil tanks; however I no longer buy these type of tanks as I switched to RTA/RDTA.

The crown II is also very good. But too many bad coils (and leakage). Crown has fixed this problem with the latest coil revision, but I have not tested them as I gave away all my crown tanks.

For me the cleito was a juice hog. It was amazing watching the juice level drop with every vape. I still have 1 but it sits unused waiting to be given away.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great way to start. If I forgot to ask that I apologize. For a MTL vape a nautilus mini is great and for the mod an innokin coolfire IV should cost less then 40 bucks total and if he moves to DTL the innokin will handle most tanks

Which is the best?
I'm recommending mage gta easy build deck monster flavor and good vapor
Positives :
Flavor
Vapor
Easy build
Battery saver
Portable for the pocket
Juice saver
In short Money saver
Cons
Max vg takes a bit to get to bottom of tank but she will get there
Personal opinion :Iv tryd many tanks ,rdas while some surpass in vapor this is amongst the top in flavor I hate rewicking constantly for different juices so with the cash saved you can have a couple gta and just swap them out for different flavors in seconds no need to revamp your mod settings.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Baby Beast hands down is a BOMB flavor chasing tank. As far as stock coil heads go, it has been the best tank for flavor while using stock coil heads. It does have an RBA deck, but that has to be purchased separately, but it is totally worth it. So if you pick this tank up, make sure you pull the trigger and order the RBA head as well (its only like 10 bucks or less so its not a big deal) If you are into rebuilding though, there are better options, just to name a few SOLID RTAs, here are some:

Geek Vape Ammit (Single Coil Flavor MONSTER)
Geek Vape Avocado RDTA (comes in 22mm, 24mm, and 24mm with bottom airflow, this is my personal favorite tank for flavor with better than average vapor production)
Coil Art Mage RTA (Flavor machine)

Hope this gives you some nice options man, all of the above mentioned tanks you will enjoy, each has their own pros and cons, but honestly none of them have any cons that are game changers for me.

Of the ones you mentioned, the Tobecco is the best of the bunch. The crowns and cleito are decent but are no where near the flavor chucker that any of the ones I recommended.

Good luck to you, CHEERS!

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently got the Doge tank. It has great flavor. Best flavor I've EVER gotten with something that has pre made coils. I've tried my husbands baby beast and it has no where near the flavor. Also........if you want, you can rebuild the coils.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I recently got the Doge tank. It has great flavor. Best flavor I've EVER gotten with something that has pre made coils. I've tried my husbands baby beast and it has no where near the flavor. Also........if you want, you can rebuild the coils.

I also like that the Doge is a 22, and doesn't need a big unwieldy mod. Any bad habits, like spitting, or leaking if less than max vg? Keep us posted on the coil life.

I haven't bitten due to price, and coils being online only. When I go to any vape shop now, they are full of Smok and Aspire tanks for the upper ranges. I love my Baby, but need variety too.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great way to start. If I forgot to ask that I apologize. For a MTL vape a nautilus mini is great and for the mod an innokin coolfire IV should cost less then 40 bucks total and if he moves to DTL the innokin will handle most tanks

Cheaper would be a Kbox

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
$30 to $40 on My Vapor Store.
That's the same as a pico or coolfire IV then. Personally I'd go with the coolfire it's build better then the kanger and has built in battery which the pico doesn't

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Which is the best?
Don't have the Mini Super Tank but IMO the best between the Crown or the Cleito is the Crown. Much better build quality, easy to use and great performer with excellent flavor. I still keep the Crown in my regular rotation. The Cleito is alright but the build quality just isn't there.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh and the factory coils in the Cleito 120 are the best I've had (even more so than my Big Baby Beast).

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to get a Crown. They are much-talked-about, so I want to see what it's all about.

First, though, will be a Smok Spirals tank. :p
Crown II is pretty decent but I prefer the first Crown.

You can still find the first Crown at decent prices, it's worth a try. The RBA deck on it you have to get it right, a lot of people have issues with it. I found the right combination build/wick for mine and love it. But it did take a while to find it but since then it's all I use on it. The factory coils with the first Crown are still plentiful and good. You have to remember though when putting in a fresh coil to really take the time and saturate it very well. The cotton is really packed in there but because of it the coils really last.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Crown II is pretty decent but I prefer the first Crown.

You can still find the first Crown at decent prices, it's worth a try. The RBA deck on it you have to get it right, a lot of people have issues with it. I found the right combination build/wick for mine and love it. But it did take a while to find it but since then it's all I use on it. The factory coils with the first Crown are still plentiful and good. You have to remember though when putting in a fresh coil to really take the time and saturate it very well. The cotton is really packed in there but because of it the coils really last.
Thanks for the help, @r055co!

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Can absolutely recommend the Melo 3 from Eleaf. Cheap tank (25 euros) and cheap coils (15 euros for 5). No leakage, no flooding, no spitback ever since I bought it. Great flavour too!

Cuboid Mini 80W - Melo 3 Eleaf - ECL 0.18ohm

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also like that the Doge is a 22, and doesn't need a big unwieldy mod. Any bad habits, like spitting, or leaking if less than max vg? Keep us posted on the coil life.

I haven't bitten due to price, and coils being online only. When I go to any vape shop now, they are full of Smok and Aspire tanks for the upper ranges. I love my Baby, but need variety too.
No leaking on the Doge. I've only used a couple of weeks and I use max VG. No spitback either, very well made.
I had a crown too. It's a great tank. It's outta my rotation now. Gave it to my daughter. She uses it everyday. Loves it. It's the original crown......can't go wrong there.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can absolutely recommend the Melo 3 from Eleaf. Cheap tank (25 euros) and cheap coils (15 euros for 5). No leakage, no flooding, no spitback ever since I bought it. Great flavour too!

Cuboid Mini 80W - Melo 3 Eleaf - ECL 0.18ohm
I hated the Melo 3.The 1 I had was as leaky as a sieve.It went bye-bye fast via garbage chute.

VU Sponsors