Become a Patron!

Best Tube Mod

WillDaBeast

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Needing some opinions on a nice hard hitting tube mod. Probably hybrid top cap. Suggestion?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not the tube it's the battery. A good tube helps but the battery is the important part. Grab LG HB batteries 2 as I understand is the best for power. And then of course it's the coil, but with a quality battery you can build down to something like .14Ω and be ok.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I feel the Sub Ohm Innovations Legendary Mod and the VCM Tube are the top tube mods in terms of Voltage Drop and consistency but Jerus is right, 90% of it being hard hitting depends on your Battery and Build. If you have a build that performs decent at 3.7V then Anything made from Copper or Brass will make it hit hard as you will be getting close to 3.9V-4.1V off the Tube depending on materials and design.

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kennedy Roundhouse. 24mm of conductive mass. Direct-to-battery. Large contact surfaces. Very simple switch design.

kennedy_roundhouse_switch.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
any of Bay City Vapers mods they're all hybrids.but on the other hand they have magnetic switches which you don't want to use if you vape low sub ohms a spring button is better.

Last edited:

2naphish

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
any of Bay City Vapers mods they're all hybrids.but on the other hand they have magnetic switches which you don't want to use if you vape low sub ohms a spring button is better.
+ 1 on BCV products .I own 1 of each model and paid dearly for those low S#'s. they are almost giving them away now.
the Best customer service out there, where else can you get a free replacement part for something worn out by normal use?

VapeGoon_2015

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My hardest hitting top 3 are the The Rig Mod, Kennedy Roundhouse (both hybrid), but something that isnt hybrid and still hits just as hard as the other two is the v2 oros by aria built.

Yellowhorse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
2JNT's Pilak TM and Pilak V2 are made of 100% solid 0.925 silver (Sterling) and has the same IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard) rating as OFE copper (oxygen free copper) which is 2 points higher than pure copper (102). Standard pure copper has a IACS rating of 100. The contacts and springs (two in each switch) are also solid 0.925 silver. The MCV Silverback is also made from 0.925 solid silver and the contacts and springs are made the same way as the Pilak's are. NO tube mod is more electrically conductive than the solid silver mods from 2JNT and MCV. PERIOD. Low resistance and high conductivity are king and NO metal does it better than silver. Batteries have NOTHING to do with the efficiency of a mod or for that matter, ANY electrical circuit.

That said, there is ONE exception. In 2014 Caravella made a VERY limited run of PURE (0.9999) solid silver tube mods. PURE Bullion silver is the best electrical conductor on the planet with a IACS rating of 108. Nothing is better. The problem is that pure silver is super soft and as such, these mods were never meant for daily use because the threads would deform pretty quickly even if you were super careful. I think they made fewer than 50 of these mods and they sold for about $4000 each. Needless to say....they are shelf queens and not daily drivers. I only know one person that has one. It's beautiful but it has never been used.

I have both the Pilak TM with a HARI RDA (24.8mm) and the Pilak V2 Hybrid (22mm) from 2JNT. I also have a MCV Silverback. All four pieces are made from 100% solid 0.925 silver and will outperform ANY and ALL non-silver mods. No exceptions.

VU Sponsors