Become a Patron!

Best UltraSonic Cleaner for the Money

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive been tired of cleaning my attys with a toothbrush and dish soap. works well but its a pain in the ass. anyone care to recommend a good ultrasonic cleaner that wont break the bank?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
ive been tired of cleaning my attys with a toothbrush and dish soap. works well but its a pain in the ass. anyone care to recommend a good ultrasonic cleaner that wont break the bank?
I've been using one i got off amazon for months. my chick uses it to clean her jewelry as well and i got one for my mom to clean her jewelry. it works great and it's simple and cheap. 26 bucks on amazon. no issues with either one. amazon links don't work here so just search
Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry and Eyeglass Cleaner Machine

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is what I use

FoodKing Ultrasonic Cleaner Ultrasonic Cleaner Jewelry Ultrasonic Jewelry Eyeglass Commercial Industrial with Digital Heater Timer Basket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0140M8H6M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jQfwyb7GV158S

It's been great
I just ordered one similar to that, the 2l version from aw industries. Upgrading from the el cheapo one from harbor freight to go along with the crap ton of diy stuff I've got coming.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@VaporCarp which size one do you have and how long have you had it?

@SirRichardRear how long have you had yours?

@pagandevil did the harbor freight cheapo one do a good job? did it break?

im a cheapskate, but not detrimentally so. if i can get away with a $30 cleaner that lasts me a while, great. but if its bound to break i'll pay the extra coin to have one that will last.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

im a cheapskate, but not detrimentally so. if i can get away with a $30 cleaner that lasts me a while, great. but if its bound to break i'll pay the extra coin to have one that will last.

I've had mine about a year. I can give you more info when I get home but I believe the one I linked is the same model I have

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I've had mine for about a year. and my wife uses it for her jewelry as well so it's pulling double duty. I also use it for a quick steep on my DIY juice at times. I got the same one for my mom around the same time for her jewelry as well. No issues for either of us

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It mostly cleaned my attys, but the 8 minute timer was what i didn't like, and the fact that i couldn't set the temp on it. So, i gave it away and bought the aw one.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's what I have

1219df9adf30d2fb6fe238dbb50bb8ab.jpg
8ddb7c7f9e4ba20b4d1d3e99baebb887.jpg

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for all the help guys. vaporcarp, thats one serious machine! i dig it. :thumbup:

ive known for years that ultrasonics are a vapers friend. just too cheap to buy one - especially with all these awesome new attys on the market hogging my money. plus my house is mad small and the thing would most likely be just living on my kitchen table.. which is fine by me.. but kinda unsightly for everyone else lol

but i think its time. cleaning my attys has become such a pain that i usually put it off until i have just 1 clean atty remaining. and i cant be having that. gotta have my flavor rotation! plus i just got back into DIY and waiting for a natural steep is for the birds. birds, i tell ya!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
thanks for all the help guys. vaporcarp, thats one serious machine! i dig it. :thumbup:

ive known for years that ultrasonics are a vapers friend. just too cheap to buy one - especially with all these awesome new attys on the market hogging my money. plus my house is mad small and the thing would most likely be just living on my kitchen table.. which is fine by me.. but kinda unsightly for everyone else lol

but i think its time. cleaning my attys has become such a pain that i usually put it off until i have just 1 clean atty remaining. and i cant be having that. gotta have my flavor rotation! plus i just got back into DIY and waiting for a natural steep is for the birds. birds, i tell ya!
the one i recommended is super small. smaller then a toaster. i keep it under the cabinet when not in use.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
warm water from the kitchen sink work good enough for me

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don't have to use it
Yeah i didn't when i cleaned the atties. Got some bottles in there now cleaning so i left it in. Loving the ability to set the temp and the 30 minute timer.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a cheapie one for a while that would only heat when actually running. So unless you put hot water in the heating was kinda useless, did a fair job for a while. I then broke down and got a proper Ultrasonic from Amazon. I got the Kendal 170 Watt 2 Liter with heater, works excellent. More expensive, but so much worth the $60 I paid for it. Seperate heat control and gets the solution hot so it does an outstanding job cleaning. I clean my gear, coils and hell even put my glasses in for a good cleaning from time to time ;)

Worth the $$$$

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I also use mine to re-condition vintage safety razors.

You would be AMAZED to see the gunk that comes off of those suckers!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i agree. but its not the effectiveness im concerned with. its the pain-in-the-nards factor. when ive got a dozen or so dirty attys, taking them to bits and cleaning each part is a huge turnoff lol
...enter automatic cleaner
Ultrasonics do an excellent job cleaning, that is if the water is hot. They'll clean out grit and grim in places you can't reach, that's why Dentists, Jewelers, etc. use them ;)

They're wonderful for Vaping gear and cleaning coils.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess effectiveness really wasn't the right word. Effectiveness plus lack of effort is what I was getting at, if there's a word for that. That post just kinda threw me off.

Anyway, when you said water that got me thinking. Do you use any solvents or cleaning solutions with these or just warm water?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess effectiveness really wasn't the right word. Effectiveness plus lack of effort is what I was getting at, if there's a word for that. That post just kinda threw me off.

Anyway, when you said water that got me thinking. Do you use any solvents or cleaning solutions with these or just warm water?
I use a non toxic jewelry cleaner, used to use a dab of dish soap but the jewelry cleaner works much better.

RobbIt

Member For 1 Year
Hi All,
I've read that the lower wattage (40W?) models and the ones w/o a heater function don't work well and/or take lots of repeat cycling in order to effectively clean sub ohm tanks.
I bought the Coil Master CM 800 (haven't used it yet) and am trying to decide whether to keep it or buy an upgraded one with higher wattage and heater and longer cycles so you don't have to reset it every 5 minutes.
Also, seems there's conflicting opinions on whether you can clean sub-ohm coils in an ultrasonic cleaner? If you can, how long do you have to let them dry out after they complete the ultrasonic cleaning process?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi All,
I've read that the lower wattage (40W?) models and the ones w/o a heater function don't work well and/or take lots of repeat cycling in order to effectively clean sub ohm tanks.
I bought the Coil Master CM 800 (haven't used it yet) and am trying to decide whether to keep it or buy an upgraded one with higher wattage and heater and longer cycles so you don't have to reset it every 5 minutes.
Also, seems there's conflicting opinions on whether you can clean sub-ohm coils in an ultrasonic cleaner? If you can, how long do you have to let them dry out after they complete the ultrasonic cleaning process?
Ultrasonic's without separate controllable heating work fair, with the separate heat makes a significant difference, huge.

As for cleaning factory coils, it's an exercise in futility. Cotton is what breaks down, cleaning cotton that is breaking/broke down is useless. But if you absolutely must clean factory coils just insure you just you water, nothing else and let dry for a couple of days.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I use this one (found on Amazon). It is one of the cheapest I could find and does a really good job. Been using it almost daily since last November to clean vape stuff, shaving stuff and jewelry.

ONEZILI 800ML Professional Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner

RobbIt

Member For 1 Year
Ultrasonic's without separate controllable heating work fair, with the separate heat makes a significant difference, huge.

As for cleaning factory coils, it's an exercise in futility. Cotton is what breaks down, cleaning cotton that is breaking/broke down is useless. But if you absolutely must clean factory coils just insure you just you water, nothing else and let dry for a couple of days.

Thanks very much. Very helpful.

RobbIt

Member For 1 Year
I use this one (found on Amazon). It is one of the cheapest I could find and does a really good job. Been using it almost daily since last November to clean vape stuff, shaving stuff and jewelry.

ONEZILI 800ML Professional Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner

3.5 stars on Amazon with 27% 3 star or worse (15% at 1 star!).

Of course that includes non vapor reviews but it sounds unreliable.

Thanks for the resource in any event.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Kendal 107w 2 liter with heater, cost me around $75 and very much well worth it. I used to have an El Cheapo that the heat only came on when you turned on the ultrasonic so it really was useless. The separate heat control makes a major difference.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I searched for the one you're talking about and didn't find it although I did find this one that looks similar to the Kendal models I did find.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I searched for the one you're talking about and didn't find it although I did find this one that looks similar to the Kendal models I did find.
That's a good one, back many, many moons ago when I was a Jewelers Apprentice that looks very similar to the one we used. It's got the separate heat and big bonus you can adjust the temperature which mine can't.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a good one, back many, many moons ago when I was a Jewelers Apprentice that looks very similar to the one we used. It's got the separate heat and big bonus you can adjust the temperature which mine can't.

Thanks. That's the one I'll get then since I'll probably use it for quick steeping juice as well as a cleaner.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I just steep my tanks in isopropyl alcohol in little Tupperware container and swirl em around a bit. They come out clean and with no flavour residue. I wipe them down with a microfibre cloth and that’s about it.

Sent from Star Destroyer Executor

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just steep my tanks in isopropyl alcohol in little Tupperware container and swirl em around a bit. They come out clean and with no flavour residue. I wipe them down with a microfibre cloth and that’s about it.

do you notice the alcohol eating away at the o-rings and seals?

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
do you notice the alcohol eating away at the o-rings and seals?

Nope. I’ve been doing it for years on my Kangertech atty and there’s no leaks, no o ring degradation. Recently when I’m changing flavours in my RDA I’ve just been spraying it on with a little spray bottle and wiping it down. Quicker and achieves the same thing. Mind you I use 50% alcohol solution.

Each costs a buck from the dollar store.

00b8b4fbf38ee7610f4d95ef14c52b2e.jpg

VU Sponsors