Become a Patron!

best value for pg, vg, & nic?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
is there a "consensus" on where to get the best prices for pg, vg, & nic DIY liquids? and is there any quality differences between vendors anyone knows of?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok thanks, ive asked about this in various places and the best prices i have found is pg/vg from essential depot and nic from wizard labs.. im guessing the quality is pretty much the same everywhere since i dont hear much talk about that

Matt Wilson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest using a nic base processed by alchem. It is the same facility that supplies the nic for the pharma industry & the only fda approved facility to my knowledge

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Essential depot is cheap, and I think their PG and VG are both top notch. I have never had any that wasn't clear, sweet, and neutral tasting.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Amazon sells Essential Depot vg and pg. Great add on to get free shipping if you are not a prime member. I bought nic from myfreedomsmokes and ecigexpress. Ecigexpress has weekly coupon codes in their newsletters and also sells a ton of flavorings. I check prices when I need nic as they vary and you can sometimes get a good sale!

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Essential Depot has a gallon of vg, and a gallon of pg for 55$ and free shipping. Hard to beat that. They also have 2 gallons of VG for 46$ and free shipping.

Matt Wilson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pulled the trigger on that 2 gal vg deal last night

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I second Heartlandvapes for the Nic. They have good prices. They also have some 4oz flavors for really good prices, if you don't want to order from TFA direct.

Matt Wilson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bulk Apothecary has some of the cheapest PG/VG anywhere. Only catch might be the shipping.
They sell by the pound for $3.95 and up...if you want a 55gal drum, they'll sell it. ;)

http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/other-ingredients-and-chemicals/propylene-glycol/
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/other-ingredients-and-chemicals/glycerin/
That would be $86.90 plus shipping for 2 gal of vg plus shipping

Umm, I don't think so...

1 lb - $3.95
8 lb - $19.95
40 lb - $89.95

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
damn timeout....

8lbs is two gallons.

pMw3MDD.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Each gallon of vg weighs 10.5 lbs. Gallon of water weighs 8lbs

The point is, it's is not $80-odd dollars.

IDK if they count liquid weight, by volume or what-have-you.
I do know that 16 ounces is a pound....they don't sell by the gallon or other usual measure of liquids. Which they should, really. Selling a liquid by the pound is fucked up, IMO.

Why don't you ask them?

I've probably never vaped a gallon of VG in my whole two years time as a vaper, and probably won't. You guys stocking a store?
Biggest thing I've ever bought is 500ml of VG and it lasted me months.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i figure $50 for more liquid than ill need in the next 5 years (maybe lol) is a pretty good deal.. its more of like a "if your going to DIY, why not buy it?"

Matt Wilson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I go through about 15ml of e-liquid a day. Also use vg as a moisturizer for my hands, knees elbows. Good stuff!:D

Joe Freitas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The best price for nic especilly one liter is www.vapermafia.com. they also have PG and VG, They sell lower concentrates in 3mg to 100mg priced from 11.99 to 69.99 a liter the nearest price is 20.00 more. they also have DIY sizes of 48mg and 100 mg. Their PG and VG are 25.00/gallon each. 48mg 120 ml is 7.99, 100 mg 120 ml is 14.99. Their nic is made in the US and is top notch I bought a liter of 100mg and am a mixing fool. Unfortunately no flavorings yet but coming soon.

is there a "consensus" on where to get the best prices for pg, vg, & nic DIY liquids? and is there any quality differences between vendors anyone knows of?

Joe Freitas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have used them along with the place I listed above I am local to both so can pickup. Vapermafia beats their nic prices, PG/VG are about the same. but they do a great job on flavor pricing 30 mls for 4.49.
I second Heartlandvapes for the Nic. They have good prices. They also have some 4oz flavors for really good prices, if you don't want to order from TFA direct.

Matt Wilson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The best price for nic especilly one liter is www.vapermafia.com. they also have PG and VG, They sell lower concentrates in 3mg to 100mg priced from 11.99 to 69.99 a liter the nearest price is 20.00 more. they also have DIY sizes of 48mg and 100 mg. Their PG and VG are 25.00/gallon each. 48mg 120 ml is 7.99, 100 mg 120 ml is 14.99. Their nic is made in the US and is top notch I bought a liter of 100mg and am a mixing fool. Unfortunately no flavorings yet but coming soon.
Probably china nic. Didn't see their source listed. Where did you see "made in the US"

Joe Freitas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe its on the label. I broke mine down to smaller bottles and did not keep the liter. I know the owner of the store assured me the first time I went in that all his liquid products were made in the US. I will call him tomorrow and confirm.

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with M5amhan, Essential has the best price to quality ratio for PG/VG and Wizard labs' Nic is the best I have ever used (They are FDA approved too for Pharma)

ok thanks, ive asked about this in various places and the best prices i have found is pg/vg from essential depot and nic from wizard labs.. im guessing the quality is pretty much the same everywhere since i dont hear much talk about that

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ask him where the base nic comes from (if he gets it uncut) you might be surprised.

I believe its on the label. I broke mine down to smaller bottles and did not keep the liter. I know the owner of the store assured me the first time I went in that all his liquid products were made in the US. I will call him tomorrow and confirm.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
According to one vendor, there is no such thing as usa nic, it all comes from china.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to one vendor, there is no such thing as usa nic, it all comes from china.

You can buy UK nic from here:
http://www.vaperstek.org/
There is a HUGE difference is the quality,
It is the cleanest, purest nicotine you have ever tasted.
It does not interfere with the flavorings at all, and you may have to reduce your flavoring, and alter some of your recipes.
The flavors come through sharp and bright.
It is not cheap, but it is the best.
You should try a small bottle of it, just to taste the difference.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Utter Bull. Perhaps he just doesn't know better?

http://wizardlabs.us/

Wizard Labs is a family owned and operated business based in South Florida, USA. Our goal is to support research and development with labware and supplies in a manner and at a price that encourages growth among small businesses and independent researchers within the trade and community. Our lab facility is registered with the FDA and follows best management practices and guidlines to assure product quality, purity, and reliability.

The nicotine base used exclusively in Wizard Labs line of solutions undergoes extraction 5-6 times per year in partnership with one of the providing labs to Johnson & Johnson's global line of NRT products for the assurance of chemical purity, quality control, and reliability.

Perhaps you should look at this too: http://www.rtsvapes.com/Flavorless_Liquid_Nicotine_s/42.htm?Click=2147

AFAIK, I think they still do this, but if they went to NicSelect, then IDK.
All of RTS Vapes' nicotine liquid originates from flue-cured tobacco grown in North Carolina. For your information, North Carolina produces more flue-cured tobacco than any other state in the United States. With our unemployment rate near 10% in North Carolina we decided to try a United States solution to inconsistent Chinese nicotine liquid.

The tobacco leafs are handpicked by North Carolinians. The tobacco leaves are delivered to a North Carolina laboratory for nicotine extraction. We are proud to state all of our tests have shown from 99.22% to 99.93% pure nicotine.

Our pure nicotine liquid is then reduced by North Carolinians to less potent strengths using Propylene Glycol USP Grade or Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade.

When you buy flavorless nicotine liquid from RTS Vapes, a Division of RTS Leasing, LLC, you are buying a product USA made.

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FWIW not ALL Nic is made in China (Wizard is a good example) but a lot of undiluted Nic base is. Many vendors think(or mislead) because they buy Nic from a US wholesaler that cuts the base here that it's "Made in the USA"

Heartlandvapes

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
To clear some things up. There is currently no nicotine for ecig use that you can buy for DIY that is made in the USA.

There are a couple companies that may come out later in the year, but until then its all marketing tactics. Most companies break it down to 100mg in the USA but the raw nicotine is NOT from the USA.

Most raw nicotine comes from either China or India and possibly the UK.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good thread people. I want to start DIYing and getting the nic and who to get if from has been a problem with so many venders selling some. Nice to read all your thoughts and experiences...

Thanks for the info.

mm, so none of the original batch is US made, bummer, but should have figured that out...

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are a couple companies that may come out later in the year, but until then its all marketing tactics. Most companies break it down to 100mg in the USA but the raw nicotine is NOT from the USA.

Most raw nicotine comes from either China or India and possibly the UK.

well that is good to know, thank you.. makes me want to try the UK nic even more

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well that is good to know, thank you.. makes me want to try the UK nic even more

They have a sale going on right now (just in case):
"we will have a 4th of July coupon code for 10% off all nicotine purchases.. All orders received will ship out Monday.
The code will be 10off
www.vaperstek.org

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you want quality nic buy from VT. I have nic in my freezer (2 liters) from WL and MFS both of which I thought was good until tonight when I tried VT for the first time. This is CLEAN... best flavor I have had in the 9 months I have been doing DIY. It is worth the few extra $$.

VU Sponsors