Become a Patron!

Best voltage setting for Eleaf iStick 30W & Aspire Nautilus Mini (BVC)?

I just bought the Eleaf iStick 30W, and an Aspire Nautilus Mini (BVC) clearomizer, and would greatly appreciate any advice as to which voltage setting would be ideal. Also, I read something about BDC coils, so any input as to whichever coil is better suited for this combination, is much appreciated as well. Thanks in advance! :D

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The best setting is starting low and working up untill you find what you like...i would venture to say anywhere between 8 to 10 watts will be where you find it best on that tank..Some may like higher and some lower but thats my point to experiment to find what YOU like.

Thank you so much! When I was at the vaping store, the guy at the counter said to set it to 4 volts or 8.4 watts and was unsure if that was a strict setting, or if he meant that should be the minimum setting. You helped clear up my confusion. Do you happen know anything about the difference between BVC and BDC coils?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
BVC stands for Bottom Verticle coil....these type coils tend to enhance flavor...BDC is bottom dual coil....Also good for flavor but tends to produce more vapor as you have 2 coils instead of one.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I do not like too much vapor, so I guess that the BVC coils that it came with would be sufficient for me. Thank you so very much for your help with my questions!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For 4 volts to give 8.4 watts you have the higher ohm coils..try to find the lowest ohm coil they have...you can achieve higher wattage with less battery voltage being used making your battery last even longer...Not familiar really with the coils you can get for those tanks but, try to find 1.5 ohm or lower if you can.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, okay. Yeah, I do not like too much vapor, so I guess that the BVC coils that it came with would be sufficient for me. Thank you so very much for your help with my questions!

Youre welcome..Youll like either coil really...the nautilus is supposed to be a very good tank of its kind in any case..Welcome to VU and someone is always here to help you.

It came with two 1.9 ohm coils, so I will have to go back and get lower ones then. I didn't know that the ohm's affect the battery. I had the Clearette Protank 3 (which I had no control over anything with), and somehow, both of the tanks that it came with broke, so I decided to get a better device, so this is all quite new to me. You have enlightened me quite a bit.

I must applaud you for using the correct form of its! I am always shocked whenever I see someone be grammatically correct nowadays. LOL.
Youre welcome..Youll like either coil really...the nautilus is supposed to be a very good tank of its kind in any case..Welcome to VU and someone is always here to help you.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It came with two 1.9 ohm coils, so I will have to go back and get lower ones then. I didn't know that the ohm's affect the battery. I had the Clearette Protank 3 (which I had no control over anything with), and somehow, both of the tanks that it came with broke, so I decided to get a better device, so this is all quite new to me. You have enlightened me quite a bit.

This may turn into a hobby for you like it does for alot..lol...Its alot of fun and you may find yourself advancing to bigger things once you start learning.

Yes, I am already quite intrigued about it, and have been looking up different devices, and what others have found to achieve or not. So, I can see this interest growing into me wanting to physically see for myself.

Pablo73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have kinda the same setup. I have ipv1 30 watt and aspire Atlantis tank. I started vaping a juice that was 100% VG (spit fire) Allied Alice. I vaped at 30 watts and it was awesome all the way around, vapor and flavor. I ran out of that juice and got Ragnar rock tyre. I changed coils when I changed juice and since I can't hit this thing much above 15 watts or it is dry on long hits. I take long deep lung hits every time. I don't know the deal

I have bout the same problem i have a istick 30w and a aspire Atlantis tank and i dont no what to set the temp control on cuz it taste burnt can anyone please help me

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have bout the same problem i have a istick 30w and a aspire Atlantis tank and i dont no what to set the temp control on cuz it taste burnt can anyone please help me
Sarah, do you know what ohm the coil is? Are you priming the coil by putting a few drops on the cotton and letting it sit in the tank for a few minutes? Might try a lower wattage and working your way up to where it tastes good and has decent vapor production.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And it could also be that some how the coil/wick has become "Burnt", or "Scorched", and you either need to change the coil or clean it.... if possible.

When I used to use Store bought coils/wick in the past, it was always a crap shoot.
Sure... once in a blue moon all five in the pack worked correctly, but that was Rare !
Most times 1 or 2 of the five were built poorly and either flooded, or hit dry. ( Sometimes even a short in the coil.)
If the the wick is not wicking fast enough to keep up with your vape, you will burn the wick and all juice after will taste burnt until cleaned/Replaced.
This is not your fault..... its cheaply mass produced products.... it is what it is.....

Hope you get it worked out !
:)

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought the Eleaf iStick 30W, and an Aspire Nautilus Mini (BVC) clearomizer, and would greatly appreciate any advice as to which voltage setting would be ideal. Also, I read something about BDC coils, so any input as to whichever coil is better suited for this combination, is much appreciated as well. Thanks in advance! :D
I used to have the iStick 30 and full size Nautilus. I was using the 1.6 ohm Nautilus BVC coils at 12-13 watts for a FULL tank to break in the coil then as high as 15-18 watts. I was using the most open air flow setting. What PG/VG ratio are you using? If high VG you may want to drop the watts down.
If you turn on the iStick 30 and click the fire button 3x it will switch to wattage mode which will be a more consistent vape IMO.
Good luck !
LOL @georgemeadal just noticed the date of the original post. And that I answered the wrong question.

VU Sponsors