Become a Patron!

Best VV/VW "Expensive" Mod

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm somewhat new to vaping, and I've been doing a lil looking around. I just bought the Kanger sub box starter kit. Not looking to purchase right away, but I'm interested in possibly upgrading in the near future. Obviously a lot of people get into this as a means of a cheaper alternative but it can add up quick. My concerns/questions are Like most cost, value, and quality. I've read posts where people have bought mods and then open them up to realize they spent a good bit of money and it's put together not so well.

With all that said, in your guys' opinions what are the better VV/VW mods out there. What mod should I or someone else buy if they're looking for something to own and use for a couple years. My main concern is if I'm spending $150 or $200 I want it to hold up and last a couple years or longer. I know vaping has become like everything else by the time you buy one there's a new one with more bells and whistles.

I haven't done a whole bunch of searching yet, I just wanted to get some opinions first on maybe what I should be looking for. The only product I've looked at so far I believe was the Vapor Flask?

Anywho, any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SX Mini M class/Custom 350J chip mod/Wait to see how the DNA200 turns out.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My main concern is if I'm spending $150 or $200 I want it to hold up and last a couple years or longer.
I would recommend not spending $150 to $200 and spend $75 to $100 as an upgrade this year. Then if you are inclined to do it again next year you will have spent the same amount per year. Things are changing so quickly right now that wanting and expecting a purchase made today to last for two years or longer just isn't reasonable. I would recommend an ipv3 li if you want to purchase something soon as an upgrade. Expecting it to last a year would be reasonable based on quality and with the devices firmware being able to be upgraded. There are other options also but the ipv3 li is the one device I really can't find any fault with right now including the more expensive options.

SteveZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you are looking to spend money on quality the SX Mini is a good choice. I suspect it could survive falling out of your pocket onto a concrete sidewalk. Only the price scared me away as my wife would kill me if I spent that much on one mod.

In the more reasonably priced category the ipv3 that cascadian mentions is a good choice and has temp control. To that I would add the Sigelei 100 or 150. They are pretty cheap now and the build quality is very good though they don't currently have temp control.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Siegeli or sx mini... Something around there... ESP if you want ur own battery
I went w an evic Vt and am happy and I have temp control good battery and still can buy more if wish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@sprad05 , give a little thought to what you want to narrow this down a bit. Like do you want temp limiting, how heavy is OK for you, what wattage will you be using, do you like squonkers, etc. The more info you give the better we can help. Decide the size you like also. If you don't like larger mods stay away from dual battery boxes, there are some great dual battery boxes, but they tend to be larger and heavier but have an advantage in max wattage and battery life.

With a bit more info on your preferences we can be much more helpful.

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@sprad05 , give a little thought to what you want to narrow this down a bit. Like do you want temp limiting, how heavy is OK for you, what wattage will you be using, do you like squonkers, etc. The more info you give the better we can help. Decide the size you like also. If you don't like larger mods stay away from dual battery boxes, there are some great dual battery boxes, but they tend to be larger and heavier but have an advantage in max wattage and battery life.

With a bit more info on your preferences we can be much more helpful.

Drone is totally on point. There are just as many really nice mods out there as there are vape styles and needs. You might even think about wanting / needing a mod for using at home .vs. entirely different needs for when you're out and about.
Throw us some details on your vape style (cloud chaser / flavor chaser) and charge / battery swap frequency prefs. Temp control importance, etc...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hairy Bubba made one heck of a good point in having one mod for out and about and one for at home.

When I am out and about, I like my Sigelei 30 watt mini with an Ego One tank. Very small profile, fits easily in my shirt pocket and is easy to take a "Stealth" hit with it from time to time if you need to.

I have a DX 80 mod that I like to put on my desk or the table beside my comfy chair. You can stick a big tank on it and due to it's wider than most footprint, its gonna stay put and is hard to knock over.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Only because you asked:
Akced "Thin King" DNA40 / Origenny v2 6ml (price....you do not want to know) I love this setup.
b1UQYK4.jpg

Or for about half the price (approx $450 as shown without atty)
Sun Box E7 with DNA40d upgrate and stabilised Thai burl doors / In'Ax dripper with bottom feed kit
ANPOSfw.jpg

VU Sponsors