Become a Patron!

Best way (or vape) to travel?

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a trip in a few months to New Orleans and was wondering what my best option was.
I was thinking I could just take my setup via carry on, with a juice bottle 100 ml or less..this would be my vaporesso revenger x and an RTA. Duration of my trip would be a week so I probably want to bring an extra set of batts and portable 18650 charger.. not sure if I want to bring tools for a coil/wick change..maybe just some cotton and burn the coils if I must.. anyhow just thinking out loud.. maybe that’s the best option..

Any other suggestions? I googled and there isn’t any vape shops close by..

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other option is to just travel light.. so invest in a small portable refillable pod device and bring some juice..
this will also work since I don’t vape often now so i think 2ml will work for the day..I hope..

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When I fly, I have my batteries in a case in my carry on.
Everything else goes in my check in bag.
I personally have not had a problem with the TSA doing it this way.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I fly, I have my batteries in a case in my carry on.
Everything else goes in my check in bag.
I personally have not had a problem with the TSA doing it this way.
Understood.. not really worried about tsTSA.. more so what’s the most convenient..
Bring the daily or a different travel setup... say like a juul..
That’s my dilemma.

I should’ve been more clear.. my bad

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Understood.. not really worried about tsTSA.. more so what’s the most convenient..
Bring the daily or a different travel setup... say like a juul..
That’s my dilemma.

I should’ve been more clear.. my bad
Something like the Juul would definitely be the easiest option.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Both! How long will you be in NOLA?

YooVonny

Member For 4 Years
Last I traveled by plane I carried a juul in my shirt pocket and everything else in my carry on.
I used a couple of small food type storage boxes to hold everything, the better ones with a gasket in the lid, though nothing leaked on me anyway.

The juul proved itself a blessing,, again,, on a long layover in Philly,,,where it would have been a long trek and re-entering security ordeal to get outside for a real vape..

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last I traveled by plane I carried a juul in my shirt pocket and everything else in my carry on.
I used a couple of small food type storage boxes to hold everything, the better ones with a gasket in the lid, though nothing leaked on me anyway.

The juul proved itself a blessing,, again,, on a long layover in Philly,,,where it would have been a long trek and re-entering security ordeal to get outside for a real vape..
Good idea to bag it up..
You got a juul referral code? Read something about a promo thing on their site the other day..not sure I’ll like all the flavors the kit comes with tho..

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
About a week.. staying near the convention center area.

Now I need to go research if there are better compact devices like the juul.. been seeing a lot of other similiar devices lately.. some of which you can refill.. and cheaper..

I like the Limitless Pulse, 380mah battery, refillable, cheaper, colored light options or no light stealth option, hlds 2 mL, comes with needle bottle to refill, but regular small-nozzle bottles work too

Some reviews complain about it not firing easily-
If you barely put the tip in your mouth, you have to pull harder to get it to fire; but if you put the plastic tip fully in your mouth, very light pulls make it fire easily

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a frequent air traveller to NOLA. All my mods, juice, and batteries are in my carry-on. You cannot put batteries in your checked luggage, they will be confiscated if found in checked luggage. Your juice needs to be in the infamous 3-1-1 one quart plastic bag to get through TSA. I put my mods and batteries in the bin so TSA can easily see what they are without pawing through my bag. I refuse to check my mods, since by the time I land I want to vape and not wait for my luggage. My battery charger and rebuild kit go into my checked luggage.

MSY (NOLA) is a nice airport, but you have to vape outside with the smokers. I fly there every other week for work. Taxis are $35 from the airport to most of New Orleans. If you rent a car, parking is very expensive at hotels there, upto $45 a day. Walking from the convention center to the French Quarter only takes around 15 minutes or $6 to $7 for a taxi. Also, there are lots of Uber drivers there. You won't be waiting long for a ride.

VU Sponsors