Become a Patron!

Best way to freeze Nicotine liquid

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
Plug your nic numbers into EjuiceMeUp and you can come up with the mixes of your nicotine and PG and/or VG to come up with your 12%......Google or search here for a link to the EjuiceMeup program download.................

Tepid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just to add to this thread.

I have NIC from 2013 in the freezer now, I use the oldest first.
It's been fine for me. 100MG in 100%VG
Clear as the day I put it in there.

shake the hell out of NIC or stir it, whatever you feel comfortable with first.
Test NIC before storing.

I transfer to Amber Boston Rounds Poly Cone caps, I have some in a 750ml Everclear bottle, that is also food saved.
I then food save several bottles together. Take a bottle out, no need to thaw for a period of time, it thaws quick in small bottles.
Re-food save the other and back in the freezer at 0 degrees.

When I mix I use 3mg. and I use a Milk frother. Not sure i get the idea of not letting it oxidize.
I also let me juice steep uncovered for at least one day.
Juice is usually ready to vape in about 1 to 2 weeks little longer.

Someone, and I can not remember who, did a test some years ago at ECF.
They left bottles of juice out, some opened some not, some in direct sunlight, and dark locations.
I forget the full results and couldn't find it now if I wanted to.

I do know, sunlight is bad.

But also for the juices that didn't go bad, opened or not, the NIC degradation was not that much.
It was not enough to be of concern.
letting juice air for a day won't degrade the NIC level by any significant amount.
it has to sit for a really long time weeks to months actually. The juice will go bad before the NIC degrades by a significant amount.

Air is not that much of a killer of NIC in the short term.

For some flavors, you have to let juice breath.

I have tried mixingt and adding the NIC later, but there really isn't that much of a difference and think it's going a bit over kill.
In fact, some NIC will actually cause flavors to change.
So you end up having to let it breath (NIC that has the strong peppery taste) and steep again anyway.
That has been my experience, others may differ.

Anyway, transfer to Amber Bottles and freeze at 0 to -10 degrees F as recommended across the industry.

Flavors and mixed juices, as I understand it, should not be put in freezer or fridge.
For whatever reason, once flavor is mixed in, it will cause it to go rancid quicker.
That might be something that needs furthering testing. Could have something to do with potential for condensation? not sure.

I'm curious if anyone has ever actually frozen nicotine solid, because according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine) the melting point of nicotine is −79 °C (−110 °F). I also read that Most household freezers maintain temperatures from −23 to −18 °C (−9 to 0 °F) . (https://www.google.com.mx/webhp?sou...UTF-8#q=household freezers lowest temperature)
If those numbers are right nicotine would never freeze solid in a household freezer. And keeping it cold would also, I think, cut down on dangerous fumes when mixing it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm curious if anyone has ever actually frozen nicotine solid, because according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine) the melting point of nicotine is −79 °C (−110 °F). I also read that Most household freezers maintain temperatures from −23 to −18 °C (−9 to 0 °F) . (https://www.google.com.mx/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CAFA_enMX689MX689&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=household freezers lowest temperature)
If those numbers are right nicotine would never freeze solid in a household freezer. And keeping it cold would also, I think, cut down on dangerous fumes when mixing it.
Ohh you need the Liquid Nitrogen Mod to freeze that low

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
Question... I have 2 1000ml bottles of 100mg nic in PG that I want to put in 100ml amber bottles and freeze. Should I shake the 100ml bottle before putting it in the small bottles and how high should I fill them to?

Last edited:

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Question... I have 2 100ml bottles of 100mg nic in PG that I want to put in 100ml amber bottles and freeze. Should I shake the 100ml bottle before putting it in the small bottles and how high should I fill them to?
I fill my bottles to the tippity top for freezing, zero expansion, and keeps air out by topping off. I’d recommend shaking but I have nothing scientific to back that just think it will mix things up.

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
I fill my bottles to the tippity top for freezing, zero expansion, and keeps air out by topping off. I’d recommend shaking but I have nothing scientific to back that just think it will mix things up.
I just corrected my mistake with the size of the bottles of Nic base. They are 1000ml... I just want to make sure all 100ml bottles get the same mix before freezing. Not sure if anything gets separated in the 1000ml bottles..

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I just corrected my mistake with the size of the bottles of Nic base. They are 1000ml... I just want to make sure all 100ml bottles get the same mix before freezing. Not sure if anything gets separated in the 1000ml bottles..
I use PG based 100mg nic. I always shake it before I transfer to glass bottles. I fill them all the way to the top because the nic will contract a little at freezing temps. When I take one out to use it, i set it in a glass bowl just in case the bottle cracks. They never have but it’s just a precaution I do.

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
I use PG based 100mg nic. I always shake it before I transfer to glass bottles. I fill them all the way to the top because the nic will contract a little at freezing temps. When I take one out to use it, i set it in a glass bowl just in case the bottle cracks. They never have but it’s just a precaution I do.
Thanks!! That helps

VU Sponsors