Become a Patron!

Best wire for clouds but low ohms

cward5712

Member For 1 Year
hey guys, I have a voopoo drag with a recoil rebel rda. Sick setup, I’m currently using nichrome n80 24 gauge and it’s good for flavor but clouds are weak. I can’t build the coil with any more wraps to help with clouds because the wire ramp up time is Delayed to a annoying extent. Can anyone point me towards what wire I should get and what gauge to get low ohms, so I can vape it higher without weird or burnt taste, but provide good or even humongous clouds, with a fast ramp up time. Any help would be appreciated.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Use a smaller gauge. Smaller wire less ramp up, faster heating. It sounds like you don't have a lot of experience with this. You're asking the age old question. "What's the best build for bigger clouds?" And of course the other side is: "What's the best build for flavor?" Nobody knows what's best. Build in your comfort zone and keep tinkering. You'll find the best for you...
bbfaaad6a33297285c3645c5ff7345c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cward5712

Member For 1 Year
Use a smaller gauge. Smaller wire less ramp up, faster heating. It sounds like you don't have a lot of experience with this. You're asking the age old question. "What's the best build for bigger clouds?" And of course the other side is: "What's the best build for flavor?" Nobody knows what's best. Build in your comfort zone and keep tinkering. You'll find the best for you...
bbfaaad6a33297285c3645c5ff7345c6.jpg

I’ve been building for a couple months actually I just can’t get down bigger clouds with smaller wire, because for lower wire with lower ohms equals low wraps, and it comes to some weak clouds. I feel like I know what I’m doing, but clueless at the same time haha

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I’ve been building for a couple months actually I just can’t get down bigger clouds with smaller wire, because for lower wire with lower ohms equals low wraps, and it comes to some weak clouds. I feel like I know what I’m doing, but clueless at the same time haha
Stop worrying so much about low ohms and worry about a quality vape. Low ohms don't always equal larger clouds. The build I posted for you to see is .16 ohms and produces massive flavor and vapor. I've been building for over 4 years, and still can't tell anyone what the best build is. It's all about what gets you satisfied; flavor, vapor, heat, and so on.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Try 316 stainless steel wire.
It ramps up and cools down faster and the ohms should come out lower.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nichrome 90 is also a good option if you must keep your ohms down.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
got a spool of lighning vapes 316L tri-core 28/36ga fused clapton. I get .12-.13 ohms on my builds

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm currently using some NiC 80 wire for fused Clapton. Its set up as 2*26 awg wrapped in 30 awg. My builds aimed for 0.50 ohms being 7 wraps around 3.5 mm ID. As far as a read on them, they are running around 0.50 ohms. I get some modest cloud cover & plenty of flavor.

This all noted, I am a moderate vaper. For me that means I'm not a cloud or flavor chaser. I find a happy middle of the road. Sometimes when we understand life gives us mediocrity to grant vision of some of the greatest beauty of itself, we realize that being mediocre may not be the worst we may be. Of course, ymmv and likely does. Not saying you need to follow my path.

VU Sponsors