Become a Patron!

Bf auto painter

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
So, I've been vaping since April, and I've tried just about everything. Tanks, prebuilts, dripping, and just last week I got the s-rabbit mod, and tried squonking.

I love squonking. Best vape experience so far. Dripping only takes second seat because it's tedious. I'm a chain vaper though, and the capillaries on a wick can only take so much heat before they can't draw, and start burning up. With dripping, you gotta take off the cap, open your juice, drip, close, line up air, and vape. With bf mods though, you just vape, and squeeze.

Now I'm saying this having burned through 3 wicks in 2 days, on the goon 1.5... Squonking needs an auto painter, and I'm going to tell you how I would build it:

There's a ceramic T draped over the coils, it has three tiny holes at the end 2 opposing at 45 degrees, and the middle one at 90. It paints your coils, your wick doesn't burn in half, everyone loves it.

Now, the part of this that makes it actually work. At the base of the structure, where the extension is mounted, there are two vents, to suck back in liquid. These vents are closed when the sq bladder is pressed via a slightly narrower cap, and open when the cap is sucked back.

This isn't needed for solo coil mods, because those little things just need gigantic heat sinks, and a magic vapor doubler. I guess they are good for flavor, and are so compact they flood the coil every time you squonk. Of course you gotta build the coil at a 1.5mm or lower diameter, or just deal with blisters on your lips. Honestly, I would rather have a sore throat, and have to rewick twice a day.

Somebody, please make this auto painter. I'm broke, so I won't be able to buy it until it gets cloned, and that will complete the circle of intellectual property theft.

Thanks for reading, I hope your day is productive.
9be32cdaf6ff2f47dc50d9baccf63877.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
In the time this post has been live, your idea has been stolen, mass produced, stolen again and cloned.
I hope so. Theft is a subjective concept when faced with modern qualifiers. Socioeconomic free markets, and production capability.

Another idea up for 'theft', skip the return vent to avoid mechanical complications, and put the auto-painter on an rdta.

I need this, because squonking, on a duel coil, right now, is basically like vaping on an well wicked RTA, with a couple added steps, and the convenience of being able to check on your coils. Which really isn't that handy when you consider that an RTA will always be supplying juice to your wick.

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I'm curious what settings you vape at, as I chain vape all day every day and have never gone through wicking that quickly.

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
I'm curious what settings you vape at, as I chain vape all day every day and have never gone through wicking that quickly.
I'm on a mech, so 4.2-3.6v @ 0.15 ohms. Comes out to ~125w. I was trying to do it, at first, on the Dee mods solo clone that came with the s rabbit kit, using a triple core alien fused wire, and that left blisters... I took a couple of junk round wire coils, and mashed em together on the jig. It ohmed out to 0.35, and worked!

Then my gbox came in, and the wick problem vanished.

The problem still remains, the way that squonking works, it's a lot like an rdta with an extra step. I want my fancy alien fused wire painted, and don't want to have to take off the cap every 5 minuets. If rdtas weren't such a pain in the ass, I would ask for this to be mounted on the Medusa...

Anywho, here's a picture of the basterdized wonk wire that fixed the solo mod to bring usable.
c3fc83b3c83d9234cd4d1f10d33e6cbb.jpg

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wicks that aren’t snug against the inside of the coil won’t work properly. The first pic showed ridiculously long with too small of a diameter coils with a bad wick job. The second looks like just a bad wick job. Use more cotton and ditch the first set of coils.

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
Wicks that aren’t snug against the inside of the coil won’t work properly. The first pic showed ridiculously long with too small of a diameter coils with a bad wick job. The second looks like just a bad wick job. Use more cotton and ditch the first set of coils.
I've since taken your advice. All my coils are now 3.5mm diameter, and using a wick that was rolled out of 12mm cotton. I've given up squonking for now, until I can get these coils painted hands free. Here's a picture of my rdta using you wick advice. All my attys look like this now.
92b98e375b4c41e8f36998f09a76a34d.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why are you painting? With most rdas you can just drip through the drip tip.

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
Why are you painting? With most rdas you can just drip through the drip tip.
When I paint, the juice saturates the alien fused coil. It's just yummy, and cuts down on the wear, and tear of the wick.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still think you’re asking a lot from your wicks by spacing the wraps of the coils. Making the wraps touch each other will shorten the coils even more which makes the juice not have to travel as far. Still think you could use more cotton also. Just trying to help.

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
I still think you’re asking a lot from your wicks by spacing the wraps of the coils. Making the wraps touch each other will shorten the coils even more which makes the juice not have to travel as far. Still think you could use more cotton also. Just trying to help.
I don't think more cotton is possible. I can, however, get the coils closer together.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe the way the wick is coming out of the end of the coils makes it look like it’s not enough. Hard to tell in pics sometimes.

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
So, I rebuilt it... Again, because it burnt the wick in 2 days... Here's my journey. This rdta has been a pain in the axe. I would have already thrown it out if my BBB was not trying to blow up my mechs.
eadcae0a949dd40d267ef67b58bc99bb.jpg
453dd1493e2c80636cbd4eca0a99d811.jpg
efe37a965cea5c7d0dd5e89295d567d0.jpg
50cd5449d73597bef7bcd3834fe8d1e5.jpg
4f6d50ff0f04ae667ccee78fba6b7629.jpg
6066c051e1bc996438e39a9cffdbf4e2.jpg
6a2f4c74d091a46ce81d0df832e82675.jpg
cacaf65a59038679b41f5875f638187f.jpg
b44d3791e3332f380fd442ac4fb55b56.jpg
e104a237884b783ac930a747b532280f.jpg
9fc254fd7ef0c396a9c58ad0a0f69ad3.jpg
75b13bea6ba350c9569c353e444e4b78.jpg
04733036d277ba5e79a9220cb7753e74.jpg
d3e0187e9c3cff5de2625348093d935c.jpg
a40db9abba4c762c6c41e1cd06d77002.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Dude, some of that is not burning of cotton. Its filth from the juice and staining from airflow. At the power level and with all the elements considered if you chain vape, burning is not unreasonable nor is the life span of your build.

You have a huge coil, running juice that has bunches of sweeteners in it, at a high wattage on a low build. What you are experiencing is normal course of business. IMO.

If you start backing off some of the elements of this, you will find it last longer. Try lowering the power, reducing the coil mass, etc... If you are set on doing it like this, maybe you should look at something like Ready X Wick. I used to insist on something not unlike what you are doing when I started experimenting with series mechs. Ready X wick kept the cotton from bursting into flames. Never tried it with an RDTA, but may this evening since I still have some.

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
That's a pretty impressive product. I'm amazed that no one on YouTube has been praising it. It seems like ohmboy Josh would use it, considering the ridiculous builds he puts together for coil wars.

Let me know how the capillaries work drawing up from an rdta. I'm seriously considering getting some of this stuff, considering that I have a bunch of Nichrome coming, and intend to do some of those ridiculous builds starting with a stitched braidonater mowhawk inside a alien fused Clapton.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That's a pretty impressive product. I'm amazed that no one on YouTube has been praising it. It seems like ohmboy Josh would use it, considering the ridiculous builds he puts together for coil wars.

Let me know how the capillaries work drawing up from an rdta. I'm seriously considering getting some of this stuff, considering that I have a bunch of Nichrome coming, and intend to do some of those ridiculous builds starting with a stitched braidonater mowhawk inside a alien fused Clapton.

It adds an extra step when wicking in that you need a pin pushed through the wick to keep it rigid and then wrap your coils around the wick. Kept my beard from catching on fire a bunch of times thought.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've since taken your advice. All my coils are now 3.5mm diameter, and using a wick that was rolled out of 12mm cotton. I've given up squonking for now, until I can get these coils painted hands free. Here's a picture of my rdta using you wick advice. All my attys look like this now.
92b98e375b4c41e8f36998f09a76a34d.jpg

How the fuck do you fuck your wicks up like that. Those look like burnt hotdogs inside your coils. More like charred charcoal. Jesus man.

I'm not being a dick, but there's something wrong here.

That, and the juice your using is horrendously dirty. I used to love the darker juices, but they completely fuck my vape up after 20 ml.

This pic is a week old, used as I'd say 90 watts continually...
e3566f19eff7c5bdf54210d229ee0bd6.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Dude this guy's gotta be trolling. No wick looks like that after two days. I could vape a fucking year without them getting that bad

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Dude this guy's gotta be trolling. No wick looks like that after two days. I could vape a fucking year without them getting that bad

Epic Cloud Doughnut Pounder will do that in two days. Its dirty as hell.

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
How the fuck do you fuck your wicks up like that. Those look like burnt hotdogs inside your coils. More like charred charcoal. Jesus man.

I'm not being a dick, but there's something wrong here.

That, and the juice your using is horrendously dirty. I used to love the darker juices, but they completely fuck my vape up after 20 ml.

This pic is a week old, used as I'd say 90 watts continually...
e3566f19eff7c5bdf54210d229ee0bd6.jpg

There's a difference in coils, considerably. I'm using alien fused, 28g kanthal cores, 32g ss316L outer. It ohms out 0.11~0.16 between 3, and 5 wraps (4-6 loops). That 22g round wire you're using must take at least 3 seconds to ramp up. It would drive me batty having to warm up my coils. I tried it once, and couldn't stand it for even an hour. The only use I can think of for that low a gauge wire is for making alien wire... You're right though, I was using some old juice, it was staining my wicks. I do have a flavor chaser that takes some ramping up. 3 cores twisted 28g stitched around a 26g core 32g outer, all kanthal. It takes 1.5 seconds to ramp up, ohms out 0.18 cold, and 0.16 hot, but it rips flavor out with wide open air like nothing else. At least, until my recurve comes, I think that will solve all my coil painting needs.
3f094c87505e2d62ade0f617fb5ae592.jpg
c446a1880272ea470497f555b7caddfe.jpg

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That, my friend, will definitely do. It's about $15 outta my price range, but I can wait. Thank you for the information.

Lol, that wasn't round wire. It's a 2x28 4x.4*1 framed staple nichrome80 @.14.

There is no reason an alien coil should look like that even after a week. If it's the juice, that seems like it would be hazardous.

There's a difference between dark juice, full body taste, and contaminated, garbage juice.

I can understand if a juice is good, you want to continue to use it, but there is something wrong with this picture.

I cannot fathom how those coils look after 2 days. Are you using 300ml in a day? Lol

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
Lol, that wasn't round wire. It's a 2x28 4x.4*1 framed staple nichrome80 @.14.

There is no reason an alien coil should look like that even after a week. If it's the juice, that seems like it would be hazardous.

There's a difference between dark juice, full body taste, and contaminated, garbage juice.

I can understand if a juice is good, you want to continue to use it, but there is something wrong with this picture.

I cannot fathom how those coils look after 2 days. Are you using 300ml in a day? Lol

Oh, I see it now. I would go with 4x32g for the outer wrap, and a little less flat wire, but that's just because every bit of that wire that's not touching wick is wasted energy with the exception of the outer wrap, which is actively wicking juice. I guess, with staples you're also getting that effect inside too, and 0.4 is some pretty thin stuff, so it's just the outer wrap that puts me off.

But yeah my cousin sent me some old juice from his collection that was starting to steep, and that's the last of the last of it. I took all of the last bits and mixed them all, flavors like pancake, doughnut, pudding, and cheese cake. I got some juices from breazy.com, on the coupon code "Vegas", and it stains the wicks a lot less.

Edit: I checked my coil app, and didn't know what I was talking about. That wire is fine. My bad.

Last edited:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Oh, I see it now. I would go with 4x32g for the outer wrap, and a little less flat wire, but that's just because every bit of that wire that's not touching wick is wasted energy with the exception of the outer wrap, which is actively wicking juice. I guess, with staples you're also getting that effect inside too, and 0.4 is some pretty thin stuff, so it's just the outer wrap that puts me off.

But yeah my cousin sent me some old juice from his collection that was starting to steep, and that's the last of the last of it. I took all of the last bits and mixed them all, flavors like pancake, doughnut, pudding, and cheese cake. I got some juices from breazy.com, on the coupon code "Vegas", and it stains the wicks a lot less.

Edit: I checked my coil app, and didn't know what I was talking about. That wire is fine. My bad.
32 is useless as wrap wire. Does more harm than good. I'd rather make a naked staple than wrap the staple with anything lower than 40g.

I do agree, that the same can be said for really really tiny wire like 46 and above. While it looks amazing when you learn to really use the stuff, like I have, it just doesn't hold up. 40g is absolutely perfect for me.

I do a fair bit of building, I started out on here and got tips, until I got good enough to pretty much look at a build, and build it. I'm no build God, and that's ok. But I know what I like.

Fused Claptons are the most versatile coil. They are the building block. The thing is, why not if your able to, build a small staple. Basically no bigger than a fused Clapton. Now that is a flavorful build.

Goddoll

Member For 4 Years
Duplicate post deleted.
I had the dude at the vape store tell me he was using 36gx2 42g fused, and ohming out to 0.09... He won't tell me how many cores, or how he managed to make a Clapton that size... I'm not inclined to believe him. I do plan on building something unconventional on the recurve, since I knee-jerk got it, just seeing it had 4 post holes. Should have gotten the loop, or dead rabbit. Still, I'm thinking a couple stove tops, with the cotton tight under them might still give me that duel coil performance.

VU Sponsors