jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I prefer RTA's and then dripping over squonking and for some reason have never much enjoyed squonking even after going all in on it several times. There is not one thing in particular that makes it less enjoyable IMO, it just feels that way.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Poor old RDTAs didn’t even make the list
Bahaha, yup. I fucking hate those things.

And rooster, I cannot stand sub ohm tanks. I can't stand to be cheated out of money paying those prices on coils. I will say, that my experience isn't everyone's.

I used to think sub Ohm tanks we're all there was to vaping. That or cartomizers. I could never find a vape that made me want to stop smoking until I got an RDA.

On a whim I bought the wismec indestructible. That son of a Bitch was a hard build for a newb, but I fit the alien coil I bought for 6 dollars in, found it I got ripped, it wasn't even an alien and made it a point to diy or go back to smoking.

The very first day I built that RDA, I have had not even 5 cigarettes since. It's coming up on a year.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bahaha, yup. I fucking hate those things.

And rooster, I cannot stand sub ohm tanks. I can't stand to be cheated out of money paying those prices on coils. I will say, that my experience isn't everyone's.

I used to think sub Ohm tanks we're all there was to vaping. That or cartomizers. I could never find a vape that made me want to stop smoking until I got an RDA.

On a whim I bought the wismec indestructible. That son of a Bitch was a hard build for a newb, but I fit the alien coil I bought for 6 dollars in, found it I got ripped, it wasn't even an alien and made it a point to diy or go back to smoking.

The very first day I built that RDA, I have had not even 5 cigarettes since. It's coming up on a year.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I'm with on sub ohm tanks. I have no problem with others using them, they just aren't for me. I started off on sub ohm tanks but once I got my first rebuildable that was it, I was hooked and it's all I vape on now.

I have the wasp nano rdta and fucking love the little bugger. I get the great flavor of an rda, a little bit of tank capacity and it's easy peasy to rebuild and quickly. To each their own though. That's why I like rebuildables so much, there are so options available on the market there is literally something for everyone that likes to tinker. :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTAs win for me.

I used to squonk and loved them for a while, but since tanks got good I switched.

Whatever works for you is great, but I tank now :cool:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Both have their place for me. I tend to prefer squonking, to avoid breaking glass tanks and the fact that you can hold more liquid in a squonk bottle. However, I still enjoy the flavor off of a good rta.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I drip at home or work and squonk on the go. I haven't used an RTA in years.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
RDAs and squonking here. :) For me it just seems to work out best. Everyone can choose what they want in vaping too. I'm not on any "holy war" so don't "crusade" against me either. I always and always will say, "what is right for you is what you find suits you". I believe adamantly in living and letting live, in vaping and in a lot of stuff regarding life. So to me it's not really a this versus that issue. Tombstones don't care. Why should I?

7068 Aluminum which was a classified metal until 2000, here's the wiki on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7068_aluminium_alloy

Need to make Coppervape mods out of it.

Cosmetically it may help but in the overall function of the mod, this extra strong alloy isn’t necessary.

Go drop a damn soft ass aluminum and not be privy to a metal or machining shop. Oh, more durable grade aluminum is for sure necessary. Gotten tired of having to pay $20 - $30 for new squonkers from Coppervape because they get deformed by dropping them. I'd gladly pay $60 - maybe $80 to have one damn good durable aluminum squonk mod that will be like a Timex, "take a lickin' keep on tickin'".

I'm also wondering why so many find the act of squonking (squeezing the bottle with one finger or thumb) such a chore and call it a negative compared to other methods o_O

Have to agree. That noted though I do appreciate and can enjoy a little regular dripping. The Vindicator/Kennedy kit I got does well for me. Not that I'm constantly using it mind you, but it's nice once in a while. In a pinch reckon I could do that if really needed. Still I rather squonk. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
RDAs and squonking here. :) For me it just seems to work out best. Everyone can choose what they want in vaping too. I'm not on any "holy war" so don't "crusade" against me either. I always and always will say, "what is right for you is what you find suits you". I believe adamantly in living and letting live, in vaping and in a lot of stuff regarding life. So to me it's not really a this versus that issue. Tombstones don't care. Why should I?

7068 Aluminum which was a classified metal until 2000, here's the wiki on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7068_aluminium_alloy

Need to make Coppervape mods out of it.

Cosmetically it may help but in the overall function of the mod, this extra strong alloy isn’t necessary.

Go drop a damn soft ass aluminum and not be privy to a metal or machining shop. Oh, more durable grade aluminum is for sure necessary. Gotten tired of having to pay $20 - $30 for new squonkers from Coppervape because they get deformed by dropping them. I'd gladly pay $60 - maybe $80 to have one damn good durable aluminum squonk mod that will be like a Timex, "take a lickin' keep on tickin'".

I'm also wondering why so many find the act of squonking (squeezing the bottle with one finger or thumb) such a chore and call it a negative compared to other methods o_O

Have to agree. That noted though I do appreciate and can enjoy a little regular dripping. The Vindicator/Kennedy kit I got does well for me. Not that I'm constantly using it mind you, but it's nice once in a while. In a pinch reckon I could do that if really needed. Still I rather squonk. :)

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
  • Go drop a damn soft ass aluminum and not be privy to a metal or machining shop. Oh, more durable grade aluminum is for sure necessary. Gotten tired of having to pay $20 - $30 for new squonkers from Coppervape because they get deformed by dropping them. I'd gladly pay $60 - maybe $80 to have one damn good durable aluminum squonk mod that will be like a Timex, "take a lickin' keep on tickin'".
It’s been awhile since I made those comments but I think what I meant was that the new 7068 Super alloy aluminum was overkill when compared to 7075 or even 6061. Compared to 2024 then absolutely, that stuff is just slightly harder than butter and no wear near as tough. See what I did there? No wear...thank you, thank you, clap clap clap I’ll be here all week.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some time after the squonk bottle reaches half empty, squonking the right amount starts to become a PITA and besides... I'm too lazy to clean out a squonk bottle. Dripping on an RDA is less time consuming: if you, like me, go through a lot of juice you don't have to worry about losing time as a result of needing yet another refill during those exact moments when time is the limiting factor, and you can drip straight on top of the posts/coils/wicks or let juice run down along the inside of the drip tip and/or the chuff such a way that it reaches the top part of the wicks so you don't have to wait for the wicks to suck up the juice, just like you don't have to wait for juice to get sucked back into the squonk bottle. I still own my two mech squonkers, but... each time when I was using them, I kept dripping on them the whole time, just to avoid all the aforementioned burden. That plus the fact squonking doesn't let me use my favorite mech mods.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some time after the squonk bottle reaches half empty, squonking the right amount starts to become a PITA and besides... I'm too lazy to clean out a squonk bottle.

*chuckling* I hear that. I see your point on the halfway empty bottle as well. :) I might disagree and I can, but I can still see your point as well. I find it a little troubling sometimes but then I just keep on squonking. And I like regular dripping as well, maybe not as much as squonking but I can manage it. I can also see your point on not being able to use your favored mods. I cannot disagree with that. It very well may limit which mods you use and I can see that clear enough.

Like I said though, borrowing from ECF member SonicBoom "what's right for you is what you find suits and is right for you". I'm not saying squonking, or dripping is for everyone, not saying tanks are either. What you find works for you is probably what is "best" for you. I tend to run away from people telling me what's best for me so I don't tell anyone what's best for them. Long as your vaping and away from commercial tobacco, great! :)

Being a little candid, I felt like having a big old rub of snuff this morning. It was just one of those kinds of mornings for me. I didn't but it strongly felt like something I would have enjoyed. I squonked while sitting on the tractor, took a few draws and was content with that instead. :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*chuckling* I hear that. I see your point on the halfway empty bottle as well. :) I might disagree and I can, but I can still see your point as well. I find it a little troubling sometimes but then I just keep on squonking. And I like regular dripping as well, maybe not as much as squonking but I can manage it. I can also see your point on not being able to use your favored mods. I cannot disagree with that. It very well may limit which mods you use and I can see that clear enough.

Like I said though, borrowing from ECF member SonicBoom "what's right for you is what you find suits and is right for you". I'm not saying squonking, or dripping is for everyone, not saying tanks are either. What you find works for you is probably what is "best" for you. I tend to run away from people telling me what's best for me so I don't tell anyone what's best for them. Long as your vaping and away from commercial tobacco, great! :)

Being a little candid, I felt like having a big old rub of snuff this morning. It was just one of those kinds of mornings for me. I didn't but it strongly felt like something I would have enjoyed. I squonked while sitting on the tractor, took a few draws and was content with that instead. :)
You see my point on the halfway bottle, but you disagree that it's a PITA? Or you agree it's a PITA, but still nevertheless you think a PITA is what's best for you? :confused:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You see my point on the halfway bottle, but you disagree that it's a PITA? Or you agree it's a PITA, but still nevertheless you think a PITA is what's best for you? :confused:

I see that it could be seen as being troublesome. If you let it anything could be seen as troublesome. I don't see it as being so troublesome as to alter my view that squonking is decent. So yes I can see how some might find it a pain in the ass, I don't but I can see how others might. Sorry, I was ambiguous earlier.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you let it anything could be seen as troublesome.
ef4292c8e22f3787b04c1f32d2df0a5d.jpg

VU Sponsors