Become a Patron!

Big Dual Coil build in the perseus plus a top cap tip...

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
I thought the Avocado 24 was the bees knees but both of mine have been retired to the big old box of attys and mods that I no longer use. The Avocado gave what to me was a unique vape. A more dense and flavorful vape at very cool settings could be had from the avocado vs other atty types and easily. However the Perseus is easier to build on. Wicking isn't limited by two little holes you have to get just right. I still cut my wicks short enough they don't hang in the tank like most do on the Avocado. About a half inch from the coil where they can barely be seen when viewing the tank from the side. The Perseus can also deliver that same cool vape dripping with flavor in single coil mode but even more of it.

I had to try some duals and I wanted to push the envelope as far as keeping it cool and dense while getting the maximum volume of vapor. I installed a couple 9 wrap tri-core 28/36 gauge ss316 fused claptons made from spooled wire purchased from Advanced Vape Supply. I think the ID was 2.5 or 3. Resistance came in at .31. They take up a lot of room and I was skeptical but I've got her there.

First let us deal with the one major flaw of this RDTA. The locking top cap. Reviewers say it's sticky at first but loosens up with use. I'll keep using mine with my fingers crossed. If that top cap doesn't want to screw off then the tank starts spinning apart. It's still a jerk sometimes but I have found that after my wicks are juiced up if I take my time and carefully check the ledge pointed out below in the photo and make sure I clear any strands of wick from that ledge that I don't have as much trouble. The top cap is snugged up on the wicks when installed. Removing it disturbs the wick and can cause a stray strand or to to end up on this ledge. If I take the time to carefully clear those strands off every time I don't have as much trouble. The toothpick is pointing to the ledge I'm talking about.

Now the build...

It's already been well used as you can see, just doing a wick change today.

Below here the Perseus is riding the Hohmslice. With this wire and this build I can get an RDTA type cool, dense and flavorful vape with my FSK chip dialed in to 13.3%, 390 degrees F and 46 watts with this build and this wire. Now these are hungry coils. I completely invert the atomizer upside down a couple times between vapes. This build will empty the tank in 15 to 20 vapes. Right now I can tell I've had too much nicotine LOL.

Vape on,

TC

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok since you have one of these and are actually using it

1. do you think you can fit 4mm ID coils in there. form your photos it looks like you still got 1mm of room to play with by pushing the coils closer to the posts and maybe angling the coils up a hair. But I have no clue how thick the top cap is

2. the fill port - lets say your lazy like me and mix all your juice in big bottles with no tips - is it possible to carefully pour juice into that port to fill it or do you actually have to get a bottle tip down in there to do it

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
ok since you have one of these and are actually using it

1. do you think you can fit 4mm ID coils in there. form your photos it looks like you still got 1mm of room to play with by pushing the coils closer to the posts and maybe angling the coils up a hair. But I have no clue how thick the top cap is

I think you could with round wire. I haven't tried it. Possibly with more exotic builds that weren't bulky. Holding a 4 mm coiling rod in there it looked possible.

2. the fill port - lets say your lazy like me and mix all your juice in big bottles with no tips - is it possible to carefully pour juice into that port to fill it or do you actually have to get a bottle tip down in there to do it

The fill port is tight. Even glass droppers or large nozzles are tight. They won't go in. You just have to cover the gap just right when you fill. You have to be really careful. A syringe or narrow tip bottle is best.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
thank you that was helpful
between the fill port and locking top cap im not enthusiastic about this one
maybe the gaia which is very similar would be better

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
thank you that was helpful
between the fill port and locking top cap im not enthusiastic about this one
maybe the gaia which is very similar would be better

I can't argue with you. For me personally the Avocado was fun to pull out now and then and diddle with for a different kind of vape. For me this one does that better but the top cap isn't just annoying. It's a very difficult to remove.

Everyone seems to be jumping on the VV bandwagon but while they may have some nice ideas the execution is lacking in my opinion.

VU Sponsors