Become a Patron!

Big eyeball roll o_O

Should reviewers repost their reviews in other people's threads

• Yes - I love reviews even when they are not relevant or are an attention grab

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • No - unasked-for reviews are annoying

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • Shut up Lucy - who asked you

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now let's let this horrid thread die in obscurity.

Though that was a pretty good idea myself ... but now even I'm posting in it.

The way this is going it may be around for a while.

Maybe it's time for some good bacon or taco pics to make everyone hungry :giggle:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but ya gotta be careful with that shit - it can ruin yer coils when it get juiced. A little bit goes a long way!

It's also expensive

The prices they charge for a wad of cotton with a piece of string are outrageous :mad:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, the "asbestos in tampons" rumor has been debunked.

Some thought it was put in tampons to make women bleed more so they'd buy more, others were concerned we might catch on fire during that time of month

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the "asbestos in tampons" rumor has been debunked.

I never heard that one before.

Some thought it was put in tampons to make women bleed more so they'd buy more, others were concerned we might catch on fire during that time of month

Funny
yes3.gif

Well, after doing a quick Google search it seems there are a lot of tampons out there that are made of just organic cotton and rayon. Sound familiar to anyone?

Watch out for the scented ones though ;)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Suuuure

It's the FDA that says there is no asbestos in feminine protection and we all know how trustworthy those fucks are :bomb:

Well, I don't think asbestos on skin is a problem ... the issue is inhalation. Might get a bit itchy though :eek:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
No worries Asbestos, it seems they left you out of it and it was just a nasty rumor :blah:

So now you're taking sides with the FDA?!?! :crazy:

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So now you're taking sides with the FDA?!?! :crazy:

Well, I don't really pay much attention to the FDA or Health Canada and I was just being funny in that post.

OTOH, if there was asbestos in tampons my bet is someone credible would have found it by now and everyone would know about it. For what it's worth, here's what Snopes has to say about the whole thing. My gut feel on this is it was a hoax ... but that's just me. I'm not much for conspiracy theories unless I have something sensible to back it up with :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I don't really pay much attention to the FDA or Health Canada and I was just being funny in that post.

OTOH, if there was asbestos in tampons my bet is someone credible would have found it by now and everyone would know about it. For what it's worth, here's what Snopes has to say about the whole thing. My gut feel on this is it was a hoax ... but that's just me. I'm not much for conspiracy theories unless I have something sensible to back it up with :)

Was just ribbin' ya - you certainly do not look like an FDA supporter, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I read the snopes thingie before I posted that - I was surprised they said the rumor first started in `98

I first read about it in the late 70s in a cartoon called Aunt Mary's Kitchen in the National Lampoon

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could swear my ears melt off 3 or 4 times a day. Best thing about my son leaving home was that I can yank my shirt off anytime I need to. :giggle:

Andria

A few years ago I was working in a factory that did plastic molding. I had been using a small fan inside an ultrasonic welder enclosure to keep things cool so the parts would stay in tolerance. The fan stopped working so I went in search of a replacement until I could get us a new one.

The only one I found was pointed at a woman in another part of the plant. I explained the situation to her and she graciously let me borrow it, but I had to promise to bring it back in a couple of hours. At about an hour late she came over to where I was and asked about the fan. Another hour I said. She said something like 'Look, I'm a PMS bitch and I need that fan now.'

She got the fan ... I know when I'm beat
yes3.gif

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read the snopes thingie before I posted that - I was surprised they said the rumor first started in `98

I first read about it in the late 70s in a cartoon called Aunt Mary's Kitchen in the National Lampoon

Good god, it's been around for a long time. Seems like some things change so fast and others just keep coming back for more!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

All I know is, everytime I see commercials for any of those products, I just holler THANK GOD I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT ANYMORE!!!!!!! :) Finally, an up-side to getting old. :)

Andria

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well shit, i wasn't going to respond to this thread, mostly because making a nice well thought post in a thread of angry people complaining will never net you a decent response, it'll always be 1-2 liner hate responses but w/e I'm gonna say my piece.

1st off, i didn't even vote in the poll. and the reason being, there simply isn't a good option. it's an extremely biased pole. I can't vote for the "yes" option because I don't think they should be posted when it's not relevant. for example if someone makes a post saying they need help wicking the griffin 25 plus and I respond with a review of a smok alien, i don't think that is necessary. it doesn't do anything to help the thread. But if i respond with my griffin 25 plus review and say here is how i wick, skip ahead to the upclose. works great for me. then it was a helpful video, but lucy lumped those 2 together into 1 answer making it not a valid choice. The 2nd option of no again for the same reasons above i couldn't vote it. even though it doesn't bother me personally. I can see it being a bother to most and not very helpful. Option 3 of "shut up lucy" i couldn't vote for either. it's a forum that promotes freedom of speech that is a lot more lax then other forums. so she is within her right to make this thread. If she really wanted to see if it bothers people there should have been better options. when a poll is made and you can't find a single option that makes sense, it's a biased and bad poll.

with that said, there is a total of 36 votes. the thread has almost 2000 views, there have been at least 500 members online since this is posted and there are probably thousands of registered members. the fact that only 36 people voted (less then 10% of people online, less then 2% of the views, and less then 1% of registered members) I think it's obvious the overwhelming majority didn't give 2 shits about the reviews posted or this thread. Not only that but instead of the thread being a valid discussion about reviews posted, where, when, and whats acceptable it turned into a hate fest of people spewing insults. What makes it even more shitty is the is an adult forum. there are no kids on here. you have to be at least 18 but I'm willing to bet a majority of posters are 30 or older. But some sure don't act like it.

As far as reviews go, lets just air it out. I gain zero profit from it. period. outside the satisfaction I get from helping others and positive feedback i get that's all. If the vapemail thread over the past 6 months shows anything, i have no issues buying stuff i want. i don't need free shit and i have more stuff then i can make room for. and companies won't want to send stuff to reviewers that bash bad products. they want people who will give positive reviews. 95% of my collection was purchased by me with my money, maybe 4% was won in contests, and 1% tops was sent to me for a review. I also have 0 money gain as well (don't even put ads on my channel) The "BAM" crew has personally attacked me over and over again, put words in my mouth, and pretend to know me. and through all that time I never stooped to their level. childish insults (sir spams alot is the best you can come up with) meanwhile I'm providing information to help people using my own money, my own time, my own equipment. and never once did i ask for anything in return. I don't care about being popular, getting free stuff, making money or anything. I care about helping people make informed decisions and helping out the vaping community as a whole. And i do it with a certain level of respect for others and patience. I have no reason to bring anyone down and i have no ill will towards anyone in this thread, even those who have attacked me. I wish you all the best, but i feel bad for a life one must lead that spewing insults on the internet is the way they spend their time and an adult. you act like you know me, but you don't. in addition to this, i volunteer my time in my community as a coach in little league (and for some of these kids we are like parents as they don't have the best home life), at local animal shelters (time and money), i have 4 pets all rescues and of course taking care of my family, house, cars etc and of course furthering in my career. So even though I'm pretty busy i still make time to do my reviews just for helping people out. I'm not asking for praise or money or anything, i just do it to do it and if people can gain good info from it, that's all I need. I find ways to spend my very little free time helping others and with my family. Not spewing insults at people. You can use the reviews as a front, but i was hated way before from your crew i ever did a single review. I don't know why nor do i care why.

As far as spamming goes, I'm an active member of this community. i have probably around 10k posts. over 90% of those don't even mention my channel. spamming is posting nothing but reviews. This is supposed to be the most lax of the forums, yet every other place i post reviews at (all i'm much less active then i am here) not 1 single complaint of spam, not one warning, and not one person attacking me. it's only from here, from 1 group of friends. I don't think you understand what spamming really is. as lucy said in the OP nobody is breaking any rules. actual spammers accounts get banned. I'm not spamming anything and I don't feel jack is either.

At some point some people here lost site of what this forum is supposed to be. an open discussion to talk all about vape stuff. where we can also joke around, have fun, curse etc. and more importantly a source of information. while the core member may not need it, we get lots of new people in here who most don't stick around but they come for help. there are tons of very smart and very helpful people here, who's opinions i value a lot. and they do a lot of good work helping those. I know quite a few (myself included) who always browse the help section and try to answer as many questions as we can. those people coming to those sections need the knowledge we can provide as a group. we don't have to all be best friends but attacking each other will make those run to other forums because who wants to me on a forum where you ask a question and it turns into a shit slinging thread.

Now i didn't respond to any post in particular, I'm just making a general statement by design because shit slinging is not my MO, and I sure as hell don't expect any halfway decent response to this, but I just wanted to say my piece since while the main purpose of the thread wasn't directed at me, i know it was implied.
Well said, thank you.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

How ya been Juice!?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Heya Huck! I've been around making wires and experimenting with making mods and continuing working on the YouTube channel. Same old same old. What's up with you?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Work, and more work, kinda like you, LOL. When I'm not working, or sleeping, I'm here. More work than sleep, lately. S'all good, though. Good to see ya around again.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
IMG_0238.JPG View attachment 83154
o_O Am I the only one that is annoyed by the habit of a few newer reviewers repeatedly reposting their reviews in other people's threads???

Examples:

Perusing the hand check thread: Here's my review of the latest greatest!!!! No hand check in sight even. Just trying to get traffic to their own thread.

Happens all the time in help threads - Poster: My atomizer won't smoke: Reviewer: Here is my review of that atomizer!!!

Just now, read a thread started to talk about a future review of a couple of atomizers. Another reviewer bombs the thread with his review :facepalm:

Most are :tldr: anyway

P.S. Build your review thread and they will come - or not. Stop ruining other people's threads reviewer-peeps - very annoying, and it's not just the serial-video reviewer I won't name

Rant over

Them:"Here's something you need but didn't ask for."
Me:
o_O Am I the only one that is annoyed by the habit of a few newer reviewers repeatedly reposting their reviews in other people's threads???

Examples:

Perusing the hand check thread: Here's my review of the latest greatest!!!! No hand check in sight even. Just trying to get traffic to their own thread.

Happens all the time in help threads - Poster: My atomizer won't smoke: Reviewer: Here is my review of that atomizer!!!

Just now, read a thread started to talk about a future review of a couple of atomizers. Another reviewer bombs the thread with his review :facepalm:

Most are :tldr: anyway

P.S. Build your review thread and they will come - or not. Stop ruining other people's threads reviewer-peeps - very annoying, and it's not just the serial-video reviewer I won't name

Rant over

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Read the deuce jack review of the pulse bf rda.
An atty specifically designed for squonking by an avowed squonker (Tony B).
But the reviewer didn't Squonk. Didn't say how it squonks. But has no problem recommending it to squonkers. Reviewed it only as an rda.
Fiduciary duty completed.

VU Sponsors