Become a Patron!

Big Problem, maybe, can't figure it out

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, I'll describe this the best I can...Tonight, after vaping for awhile on my Taifun GT, I think the 510 screw spring or something in the bottom shorted out. I'm using my SVD, and it will not read any resistance at all, on the Taifun, but my Kayfuns work just fine on it, and all of them have the same coil. So, if my Taifun is dead, I'm gonna be pissed and throw a tantrum, it's my favorite RBA. Could a bottom piece be bought separately? I'm in agaony here....:(

Daniel

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
First of all can you put up a pic of it? Is it a clone or original? Also did you try adjusting the 510 center pin? You can also check the insulators around the posts make sure they are intact. I watched several videos on this Atty was thinking of getting it instead of a kayfun and I didn't see where there would be a spring in it to short out just check those insulators and o rings and try adjusting the center pin. You can also try contacting the vendor also they may have some suggestions on what it could be.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First of all can you put up a pic of it? Is it a clone or original? Also did you try adjusting the 510 center pin? You can also check the insulators around the posts make sure they are intact. I watched several videos on this Atty was thinking of getting it instead of a kayfun and I didn't see where there would be a spring in it to short out just check those insulators and o rings and try adjusting the center pin. You can also try contacting the vendor also they may have some suggestions on what it could be.
MrFixit, I was able to determine that it was the screw not making contact with the 510 connection, so I adjusted that, & everything started working again. All except my meter. It's obviously a dead issue, so I might just go with using the meter on my SVD, and not sweat the table top model. I obviously should have bought one of better quality, but hindsight is always 20/20. Thank you for the concern and the ideas on what to check & look for. If I have this problem again, I'll know what to look for, and what areas to check.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me guess you got the tobeco ohm meter.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me guess you got the tobeco ohm meter.
LMAO, are you psycic? How did you know? Is the Eleaf meter a good one? All this meter is good for now is a place to mount the deck while I build it. lol.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha I have the same one I can't even get the same reading twice. That thing is pure junk. I still use it though LoL. I'm In the same boat as you I don't know which meter it better. But I'm about ready to purchase a new one.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Smok one from Madvapes. It's not bad. Readings seem mostly pretty steady anyway. Not sure how amazingly accurate, but that's not a huge deal to me since i'm not a sport-vaper.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well when I'm vapin on .0091 ohms you need to be accurate.....j/k my sweet spots are around .8 on the droppers and 1.3 on the kayfuns. I'll try one out

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well when I'm vapin on .0091 ohms you need to be accurate.....j/k my sweet spots are around .8 on the droppers and 1.3 on the kayfuns. I'll try one out

first I did this :eek::eek::eek: then I kept reading and did this :D:D:D:D:D hahahahaha

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the Smok one from Madvapes. It's not bad. Readings seem mostly pretty steady anyway. Not sure how amazingly accurate, but that's not a huge deal to me since i'm not a sport-vaper.
What exactly is a "sport vaporist"? I vape because I quit smoking, & I will not go back to the nasty things. I'm not vaping just for kicks, it has helped AND continues to help me stay off of cigarettes. Is there 2 differences in vaping, because if there is a professional vaporist, I'd really like to become one and start getting paid for all of the vaping I do, meaning, I chain vape. Continuosly. Never without my SVD. So one might consider me "addicted". I suppose so. But I must have misunderstood the description, I would be grateful if someone was kind enough to explain to me how you "sport vape".....And I mean no disrespect...

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I suppose I could just use my SVD as my ohm meter, it always gives me a good, reliable reading. I first fire it for 2-3 seconds, then do it again, & then check for the ohms, & I get the true reading. Sometimes, I have read, you can get a false reading if you test for ohms right off the bat. But I could be wrong...I usually am...hehehehe

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What exactly is a "sport vaporist"? I vape because I quit smoking, & I will not go back to the nasty things. I'm not vaping just for kicks, it has helped AND continues to help me stay off of cigarettes. Is there 2 differences in vaping, because if there is a professional vaporist, I'd really like to become one and start getting paid for all of the vaping I do, meaning, I chain vape. Continuosly. Never without my SVD. So one might consider me "addicted". I suppose so. But I must have misunderstood the description, I would be grateful if someone was kind enough to explain to me how you "sport vape".....And I mean no disrespect...
.............. it will be 1 of 2 answers , I'll let him answer that lol.......... vaping is vaping , some people get more into the hobby of it than others. for me making juice and building coils helped and still helps keep me off cigs. it keeps my mind and hands busy. I am very much a hobby person tho. when I find something I like I dive in head first and learn as much as I can.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
.............. it will be 1 of 2 answers , I'll let him answer that lol.......... vaping is vaping , some people get more into the hobby of it than others. for me making juice and building coils helped and still helps keep me off cigs. it keeps my mind and hands busy. I am very much a hobby person tho. when I find something I like I dive in head first and learn as much as I can.
Yeah, but I thought a hobby was something you could quit at any time you wanted to if you moved on to better things. There IS NOTHING better than vaping, and I have no intentions of ever quitting. I love it too much.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but I thought a hobby was something you could quit at any time you wanted to if you moved on to better things. There IS NOTHING better than vaping, and I have no intentions of ever quitting. I love it too much.
hahaha right .... vapelyfe !

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, that's what i call the cloud chasers. Competition-spec devices made from exotic conductants and all that. I mean the really hardcore ones, not just the cats who happen to dig sub-ohming at .6Ω, but the Truly Elite .06Ω crowd.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haha, that's what i call the cloud chasers. Competition-spec devices made from exotic conductants and all that. I mean the really hardcore ones, not just the cats who happen to dig sub-ohming at .6Ω, but the Truly Elite .06Ω crowd.
Well, that's definitely not me. I like taste and flavor over forty pounds of clouds..lol lol I like the clouds I get from my 30 pg/70vg mix just fine. Gimme dat taste & flavor all day! Now while it's true that I have a full mech mod coming to me, a Sentinel Stainless Steel M16, it's not so I can blow big clouds. I found out you CAN get a bigger taste & flavor from a mech mod, so I'm gonna sees for meself...hehehehe...

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the thing with mech mods is that there's a more direct connection from the battery to the coil - less parts in between - so there's less voltage drop when you fire it. Otherwise, i wouldn't say there's any difference flavor-wise. Just somewhat-faster, somewhat-hotter, somewhat-denser vapor. I'm no aficionado and of course this is all pretty subjective, but whatever works, works. Having said that, i'm definitely a mech mod convert.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
originally the selling point for me on mech mods were they are so strong. I spent so much money on APV's and all were trash in a month , sometimes a couple days. to many wires that are barely soldiered on and usually cheap material. my job is hard on everything including my mod lol. then I got into dripping that was cool but a pain in the ass when drilling and running heavy equipment. switched to a kayfun and a mech mod. life was good. now I switch between dripping and the kayfun. either way all I will ever buy again will be mech mods.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeup… Same here… Mech mod, Dripper at .8 ohms with a dual coil and my KayFun at 1.3 Ohms micro coil. Love the Smok tester for checking battery levels. Great combo in my opinion… Pretty much all I need at the moment for sure!

VU Sponsors