Become a Patron!

Big thanks and a question about FA Anise

Hi and warm greetings from the Czech Republic to everyone !
First of all, I would like to thank all of you for sharing your DIY tips, experiences and all the wonderful recepies. There are really no "designer" or premium juice lines being sold in my country (only basic one-flavour juices like apple, vanilla, etc.) so I dived into DIYing in search of a more compex and satysfying vape. But my first attemps were ..... well, just barely vapable. Discovering this forum and all the knowledge shared here was a blessing for me and my taste buds couldn´t be happier - and they, too, send their best regards and thanks to all of you. :)
Furthermore, I have to thank HIC in particular. His FA recepies are a thing of pure deliciousness and his notes on the flavours are super helpful! (This is most convenient, since FA is easy to find here in CR, contrary to CAP or TPA- these are really rare)

Apart from all the praise- I have a question. I bought a bottle of FA Anise and when i shake it, the liquid inside turns milky-white. Is this normal, or should I toss it?
Thanks

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome!

My original bottle of FA anise does the same thing - I think it's just a characteristic of this flavoring.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
welcome to the club :)

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome! FA Anise is quite cloudy. It will cloud up any mix you add it to. I mix it heavy as a single flavor ~5% and I love the way the mix looks when it's all shaken up. I also think it adds to the mysteriousness of the flavor. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi and warm greetings from the Czech Republic to everyone !
First of all, I would like to thank all of you for sharing your DIY tips, experiences and all the wonderful recepies. There are really no "designer" or premium juice lines being sold in my country (only basic one-flavour juices like apple, vanilla, etc.) so I dived into DIYing in search of a more compex and satysfying vape. But my first attemps were ..... well, just barely vapable. Discovering this forum and all the knowledge shared here was a blessing for me and my taste buds couldn´t be happier - and they, too, send their best regards and thanks to all of you. :)
Furthermore, I have to thank HIC in particular. His FA recepies are a thing of pure deliciousness and his notes on the flavours are super helpful! (This is most convenient, since FA is easy to find here in CR, contrary to CAP or TPA- these are really rare)

Apart from all the praise- I have a question. I bought a bottle of FA Anise and when i shake it, the liquid inside turns milky-white. Is this normal, or should I toss it?
Thanks

Czech Republic - cool! Maybe you can tell us about the best Czech foods/drinks/candy/etc. It would be fun to vape the flavors.

Your FA Anise is totally normal, like everyone already said. It's called the 'louch' or 'ouzo' effect, and it's from the star anise in the flavoring. That effect is a big part of the ritual of serving absinthe, too: http://wormwoodsociety.org/index.php/serving-absinthe-mainmenu-228

Wow, you guys are awesome, thaks for the replies and the welcomes! :) And sorry for the long post, feel free to ignore it. I felt like writing and working on my english :)

As for foods, czech people are suckers for meat, bread dumplings and creamy sauce. Not vape-inspiring, but if some of you are into cooking, you might want to try the czech goulash ( this is considered a must-know in czech cooking, everyone has his own "secret" recpie and there are local competitions held for the best goulash - kinda reminds me of the chilli tradition in the US). Here is a recepie in english (best with bread dumplings or czech non-sweet bread) http://www.food.com/recipe/beef-goulash-czech-171226 .
But my favourite meal from our cousine is definitely the czech svickova - the creamiest vegetable sauce with beef and, again, bread dumplings. I could eat just the sauce alone and be happy for the rest of my life :) http://www.eatingeuropetours.com/prague/svickova-braised-beef-recipe/

But on topic- one thing that could be vapeable is Kolache (Koláče :)) - a soft and fluffy, mildly-sweet dough baked with a sweet poppy seed (or plum/ plum-cherry jam) topping and a sprinkle of crunchy sugar- flour- butter streusel. But I am yet to find a poppy seed flavouring :) http://toriavey.com/history-kitchen/2013/08/kolache/

Another one is a czech take on apple pie, called strudel (štrůdl) - it is a rich, sweet and juicy grated apple filling (i like it with cinnamon, raisins and walnuts) wrapped with puff pastry and baked. I´m sure this would not be hard with some FA Apple Pie. http://www.stopin-prague.com/blog/apple-strudel

As for beverages, apart from czech beer, we don´t really have any special ones. But i would love to get my hands on a strawberry smoothie recepie.

VU Sponsors