Become a Patron!

Bigger clouds from non RDA ?

Hardy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've read a lot here and learned a lot but now I have a new question :). I'm currently using a eleaf istick and Nautilus mini. I get good vape from it but I'm looking for more. The mod is rated for 20w but will only let me go to 15.9 based on (i think) the ohm reading it is taking from my nautilus tank. the eleaf also automatically sets my volts at 5.4 when I'm at 15.9. When I got this mod I was hoping to use the full 20w capability.

So.... If i want more vape but am not quite ready to start dripping what are my options? Can I get another tank for the eleaf that will allow me to use the full wattage and get bigger clouds?

Thanks again for taking the time to help a noob:D

drunkenbatman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could rebuild the bvc coils, either as standard at a lower Ohm or as a cotton microcoil (should be enough info to google). For dripping, you'll need a decent/cheap RDA & some wicking & kanthal, probably 30-32 gauge. I generally recommend the mutation x v2, tugboat v2 or smok caterpillar. Caterpillar can be found as authentic for $8-12, but you'll want to use it for dual coils. The other two handle single or duals easily.

*gives the horns*

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From what I can tell from google, the eleaf istick has a max 20 watts, min 1 ohm resistance, and a max 5.5 Volt output.
1.83 Ohms @ 5.4 volts = 15.9 watts, but the nautilus coil resistances aren't 100% accurate. I've had 1.8s read as high as 2 ohms.
With the limits of 20 watts and 5.5 volts, you can max it out with anything lower then a 1.51 Ohm resistance.

Could try replacing the coil with a 1.6 ohm BVC.
It will offer better air flow, a bit more vapor, and allow you to push it to 18.9 watts @ 5.5 volts.

Can't say I know anything about other tanks except for the Atlantis, but you would need to replace your istick to use it since it has a 0.5 Ohm coil.

Last edited:

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are really trying to run your Nauti higher than 15W ... you're Nauti is betterer than any of my 5 Nauti and Nauti Minis. I mostly run 50/50 juice and I find that the Nautis are great to about 10 Watts on Aspire coils.

Hardy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you are really trying to run your Nauti higher than 15W ... you're Nauti is betterer than any of my 5 Nauti and Nauti Minis. I mostly run 50/50 juice and I find that the Nautis are great to about 10 Watts on Aspire coils.

Hmm. Not sure what you mean by better. I run a higher VG juice typically but I can promise you that I am using the nautilus mini at the numbers I posted and getting no burnt taste or anything.

Hardy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I can tell from google, the eleaf istick has a max 20 watts, min 1 ohm resistance, and a max 5.5 Volt output.
1.83 Ohms @ 5.4 volts = 15.9 watts, but the nautilus coil resistances aren't 100% accurate. I've had 1.8s read as high as 2 ohms.
With the limits of 20 watts and 5.5 volts, you can max it out with anything lower then a 1.51 Ohm resistance.

Could try replacing the coil with a 1.6 ohm BVC.
It will offer better air flow, a bit more vapor, and allow you to push it to 18.9 watts @ 5.5 volts.

Can't say I know anything about other tanks except for the Atlantis, but you would need to replace your istick to use it since it has a 0.5 Ohm coil.

I'm considering picking up the Atlantis along with Aspire's new sub ohm battery, supposedly they pair up well together. Any experience with the battery?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope, sorry.
I Upgraded to a Sigelei 100 watt box when I got the Atlantis.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When you say more more, what are you looking for? More vapor, flavor, heat, etc? I don't really know much about the Nautilus coils but if you have the vertical coils (I think called the BVCs) they are a sumbitch to rebuild. I have yet to do a successful vertical coil in a head like that. Mostly due to wicking. (too much or too little....)
I use my Protank Mini 2 and I rebuild my coils. I wick them with cotton which produces better flavor and much more vapor than the prebuilt ones.
If you're interested in dripping at all, it sounds like an dripping atomizer is your best bet. You can get a simple one with a two post deck and wrap at the resistance you want. (higher than the 1 ohm minimum allowed by the eStick) If you want help selecting a dripper, let us know. You definitely don't want to start on something too complicated.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kanger Subtank, and use the included 1.2 ohm coil head. The device will grow with you; as it uses fantastic .5 ohm heads, and comes With an rba base, organic cotton, and kanthal. You'll have everything you need when you get a more powerful device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've read a lot here and learned a lot but now I have a new question :). I'm currently using a eleaf istick and Nautilus mini. I get good vape from it but I'm looking for more. The mod is rated for 20w but will only let me go to 15.9 based on (i think) the ohm reading it is taking from my nautilus tank. the eleaf also automatically sets my volts at 5.4 when I'm at 15.9. When I got this mod I was hoping to use the full 20w capability.

So.... If i want more vape but am not quite ready to start dripping what are my options? Can I get another tank for the eleaf that will allow me to use the full wattage and get bigger clouds?

Thanks again for taking the time to help a noob:D

If you're solely concerned about producing bigger clouds you may want to consider learning how to build your own coils, the new Kanger Subtank is an easy way to start and help you develop your craft, you'll have most of what you need on hand. Purchase an ohm meter, learn about resistance and ask a lot of questions, it's a gradual process. Your powering the i Stick at full 15 watts on pure VG juice and still not getting vapor? I use 1.8 ohm coil powered at 12 watts and I get a lot of vapor and that's with only 30/70 PG/VG ratio. The i Stick will not sub ohm so I wouldn't recommend trying, it wouldn't be safe and you could end up getting hurt and ruining your mod. If clouds are all that's important then you may want to invest in a high wattage mod, say around 100 watts, build low resistance coils and crank it up. Everyone is different though. Most people I know don't care about clouds but only wish to get enough nicotine in their system to stave of cravings for a cigarette, get adequate throat hit and obtain pure flavor. I am able to get that consistently on the i Stick with flavor varying by juice supplier and quality of my atomizer and I rarely push above 13 watts. Just be careful and don't sub ohm on devices not set up for it.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Atlantis, Subtank, Lemo, billow, all require more then 20W to work properly/blow big clowds.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Atlantis, Subtank, Lemo, billow, all require more then 20W to work properly/blow big clowds.
I beg to differ. The Lemo works great below 20 watts depending on your build, and the Subtank performs quite well with the 1.2 ohm heads at less than 20 watts. Heck, I've gotten respectable performance at less than 20 watts with the .5 ohm heads. Optimum? No, but a damn great vape nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors