Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also think you need to move the knife forward a bit more in the jaws...the heel of the grind looks closer to 20-21* where when you move towards the point the bevel probably gets closer to your 18

Looks good though for only sharpening a hand full of knives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't get close to the heel because the thumb stud was in the way. I don't think it is pressure fit and I didn't have the time to fiddle with it.
I wanted to take it apart and see if I can smooth out the opening action but the screw in the back (by the lanyard ) is stuck.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't get close to the heel because the thumb stud was in the way. I don't think it is pressure fit and I didn't have the time to fiddle with it.
I wanted to take it apart and see if I can smooth out the opening action but the screw in the back (by the lanyard ) is stuck.

Well I can't attest to how the Chi-Benzas come apart...they probably used some red loctite which is the devil for knives...

As for putting a Sebenza back together... if you haven't watched the videos... you basically never have to take off any screws but the pivot to grease/oil one up.

Write up version: https://chrisreeve.com/blogs/how-to...neH0YCIO3I8_1I37bolUbn59LKxnpCcuLjF-9hR4pz4TE

Video Version:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I can't attest to how the Chi-Benzas come apart...they probably used some red loctite which is the devil for knives...

As for putting a Sebenza back together... if you haven't watched the videos... you basically never have to take off any screws but the pivot to grease/oil one up.

Write up version: https://chrisreeve.com/blogs/how-to...neH0YCIO3I8_1I37bolUbn59LKxnpCcuLjF-9hR4pz4TE

Video Version:
Well, looking for video on intertube was my next step, thanks for the link. I will try it, after all it was 30 bucks.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the Dvarw and misc addons I got for Trevor arrived a second time today... Messaged Peter about the double delivery... said I would buy it, but "REALLY" don't need another one.

Messaged Trevor since its the same, and Jim since I know he was looking for a deck... but not sure how Peter wants to handle it, if he is going to have an auction on the KHW FB for it, and I ship to the winner... or if Trevor is talking to Peter about it, or what...

Thought for a split second to keep it...but can't... not my style to do that to a cool Modder.

So I have this BNIB Dvarw MTL with 3.5 Glass section, matching bograt, air flow inserts, and a Pelso drip tip lol which was $168. or $140 before DHL shipping on my desk...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so it has nylon washers... yeah no amount of grease or lube really going to help those break in and smooth out.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know me, not against clones... but knife clones...not at all like Atomizers where they have 95%+ likeness in quality.
So true. All in all, it isn't too bad. It is a D2 blade (at least it is supposed to) and a decent folder so for a garage/workbench thing, it will do for now.
The M390 Link is really, really nice and smooth but the Vouking is awesome. The Vouking is just as smooth and fast as the assisted ones.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So true. All in all, it isn't too bad. It is a D2 blade (at least it is supposed to) and a decent folder so for a garage/workbench thing, it will do for now.
The M390 Link is really, really nice and smooth but the Vouking is awesome. The Vouking is just as smooth and fast as the assisted ones.

Just be careful with the bearings on the Stedemon ;)

I advise not to break it down to clean the bearings...soak them in distilled and work the blade, compress air it dry then KPL

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just be careful with the bearings on the Stedemon ;)

I advise not to break it down to clean the bearings...soak them in distilled and work the blade, compress air it dry then KPL
Thank you! I didn't know that, I'll keep that in mind. I have some 90% isopropyl just for cleaning stuff.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you! I didn't know that, I'll keep that in mind. I have some 90% isopropyl just for cleaning stuff.

Well its more of me not knowing how the bearings are held in place... some are just in traces, others are in housings... hate for you to open it up and boom tiny bearings go everywhere...

The method I explained, clears out the gunk fairly well without introducing metals to cause the bearings to rust...

Be prepared to set that burr on the M390...

Not sure if you know the trick to see the burr without readers or jewelers thingymabobs... but you use a flashlight... the burr will reflect light more than the blade and look like a wire edge.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well its more of me not knowing how the bearings are held in place... some are just in traces, others are in housings... hate for you to open it up and boom tiny bearings go everywhere...

The method I explained, clears out the gunk fairly well without introducing metals to cause the bearings to rust...

Be prepared to set that burr on the M390...

Not sure if you know the trick to see the burr without readers or jewelers thingymabobs... but you use a flashlight... the burr will reflect light more than the blade and look like a wire edge.
I didn't know about the flashlight trick, I went really low tech for that, I have leftover wicking cotton....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't know about the flashlight trick, I went really low tech for that, I have leftover wicking cotton....

Yeah I’m to blind to see the burr clearly even with corrective lenses, so learned about the light refraction and now use it when I sharpen...can see the whole edge and know where you need to grind more

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also it makes me laugh when I see photos of people who I know don’t strop...can see the burr in their photos from the light

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am the proud owner of another Dvarw ;)

I made an offer for the items to Peter which ended up being accepted this morning when he PM'd me saying he sent a money request to my email address.

So now I have this BNIB Dvarw MTL Deck, Glass 3.5ml section...Pelso Drip tip...Air Flow inserts, Bograt all for a Benny.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I am the proud owner of another Dvarw ;)

I made an offer for the items to Peter which ended up being accepted this morning when he PM'd me saying he sent a money request to my email address.

So now I have this BNIB Dvarw MTL Deck, Glass 3.5ml section...Pelso Drip tip...Air Flow inserts, Bograt all for a Benny.
Very nice! Pics? Wasn't The Shady One looking for a Dvarw?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very nice! Pics? Wasn't The Shady One looking for a Dvarw?

b58c648ae1632b0bfb4fe4d88f1f8a1f.jpg

Tried to get along with the glass tank, bograt crap...not my thing...Trevor might be buying the glass tank section etc off me...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@R3alJim Shady I offered it to Trevor the whole deal for $125 shipped... its the one with the newer insulator and 510 pin also...

I'll still add myself to the list for you tomorrow for the MTL... but I can't split this up...wouldn't be able to sell the other crap and I'd end up binning it.

I paid Peter $100 for it all... after shipping its an $17 mark up ;)

I did fit a 2mm N80 Clapton in it ... slapped it on the Dani, slapped it on the Pico, slapped it on the Satburn... and then it hit me... I don't need a 3rd one... still only vape 2 juices LOL

Hit me up

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well looks like Trevor does want the whole thing...

upload_2019-5-23_9-1-58.png

Sorry about that Jim... I'll add my name to the list tomorrow for ya... Trevor nabbed it

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think so. I think I'm on rando number 9

Sent from the Death Star
Does thins mean you'll hope to miss the next two so you can qualify automatically? Just messin witcha:vino:
Are these lists on FB or on his site? If they are on his site, I'll enter it and buy it for you.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does thins mean you'll hope to miss the next two so you can qualify automatically? Just messin witcha:vino:
Are these lists on FB or on his site? If they are on his site, I'll enter it and buy it for you.
He posts the link to his website via the FB group. All you do is enter the email for your account on the KHW site. If I lose this week I'll get the free pass!

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You can just enter it via the site... the rando video is only posted to FB.

But you’ll know if you win, an email is sent to you saying so.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
upload_2019-5-25_16-52-58.png

Exactly the same as mine, same born on date and close to the same price I paid... $395 (410 this one)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I remember the type of tanks you were using (Mason and such?) I would've never thought You'd even consider a BB. Great price for the bundle, good luck :vino:
It's from a close trusted friend, she (lost her job) and needs the money to make her apartment payment before she gets thrown out........

I told her I would help and sell it for her......

That's what she's short on her rent payment

$380.00 and I'm not paying her rent......ha ....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple BBs in the Hardware section along with some other goodies. GREAT deals and GREAT seller. Dealt with him before... he also has my old 2x700 Stinger and Basic 1.1 up!

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fasttech is supposed to have a 20% off site wide for the next 2 days.
Picked up a Dvarw 3.5ml cap, some 1mm airflow INSERTS (in anticipation of the 10 List Loser List at KHW!), a bunch of clone Steam Tuners drip tips, a 24mm KFL19 top fill cap, and a Bantam Box for $80ish. I believe I played this right

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I could find on fasttech was the Nord and coils...which together was still more than buying it stateside.

So I opted against buying it.

For I still have my Aspire AIO which works fine.

Or my Aspire Breeze...

Would like a more flavorful pod, but I think my out and about mod will just end up being the Dvarw/Pico in 2ml filled with higher octane juice

Mostly wanted a Nord for weight reasons..or an Infinix

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I could find on fasttech was the Nord and coils...which together was still more than buying it stateside.

So I opted against buying it.

For I still have my Aspire AIO which works fine.

Or my Aspire Breeze...

Would like a more flavorful pod, but I think my out and about mod will just end up being the Dvarw/Pico in 2ml filled with higher octane juice

Mostly wanted a Nord for weight reasons..or an Infinix

Best place to buy a Nord stateside is Eightvape, IMO. $20... got one for my wife and she loves it.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Best place to buy a Nord stateside is Eightvape, IMO. $20... got one for my wife and she loves it.

Sent from the Death Star

Not a big fan of 8vape after they effed me on points and coils for the pods...

Probably grab one from Myfreedomsmokes since with a 5 pack of coils its only $30 shipped

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I bought the Nord... $30.71 with a 5 pack of coils... REALLY didn't need it LOL.

Just all these sales...disappointing not to grab something ;)

Fucking caved...
It really is a good vape. Of course I can only speak to the 1.4 ohm coils.

As far as the FT sale goes, our BB fans might be interested to know that the Bantam Box is only $60 after the CHERISH code for 20% off. The site says it will ship Wednesday... that's always subject to change of course.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VU Sponsors