Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my RNB today. Waiting on tip and doors. I'm so bad at transplanting stickers
:(

d359ce676846a02c93ae92d7b35cdb3f.jpg

40239e7f1fddcf38b9fa29697957172c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Purdy, sure do like those Rat inners on there. Please buy a roll of those stickers and sent me a few would ya....:D

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Purdy, sure do like those Rat inners on there. Please buy a roll of those stickers and sent me a few would ya....:D
Thanks! I really like how it turned out too. Now if my mail from Canada, Greece and China would get here lol. Killin me smalls.

That website is a pain lol. Gonna look again at work tomorrow. All I saw were HUGE rolls.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks! I really like how it turned out too. Now if my mail from Canada, Greece and China would get here lol. Killin me smalls.

That website is a pain lol. Gonna look again at work tomorrow. All I saw were HUGE rolls.

Yeah, that's a beauty! I really like that blue

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could buy a roll then sell off the remainders on Ebay for $3.99 a pop shipped.

$100 for 1000... keep 10... 990x3.99= $3950 once all sold minus some flat card stock and mailer... 30 will sell fairly fast to cover your initial costs ;)

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could buy a roll then sell off the remainders on Ebay for $3.99 a pop shipped.

$100 for 1000... keep 10... 990x3.99= $3950 once all sold minus some flat card stock and mailer... 30 will sell fairly fast to cover your initial costs ;)
Found those a few weeks ago. Thought about same thing....

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I thought I read something on here about a Boxxer V2, is this just a rumor or is it actually coming out? Just curious.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought I read something on here about a Boxxer V2, is this just a rumor or is it actually coming out? Just curious.

In the last phase of select testing and or already in final production at this point... they pop up on my feed every so often, but not having a BB anymore sort of has me not caring.

I wish they would let others test it out... do a randomizer for beta testers and you will get some great feed back. If you have 5 people beta testing and its the same 5 fucks that said the V1 was awesome... well... you know who is FDAU lol

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey all. Vapeshell is giving me a check atomizer error on both billets but it I put the adapter on and put it on a mod, it reads fine. Any ideas?

Edit: it just started working. I didn't do anything lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not at all! Probably more pocketable than a BB

Sent from the Death Star
Now y'all be starting some sh*& again! It only takes four months to get one with a DNA 60 chip! Could your Shadyness ( at thine convenience) take a peak at the dimensions on their site and tell the masses if the DNA 60 variant is possibly slightly larger than the DNA 40 ? I never got along with the DNA 40 for some reason. It would be really nice if the USB would also allow EScribe connection.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now y'all be starting some sh*& again! It only takes four months to get one with a DNA 60 chip! Could your Shadyness ( at thine convenience) take a peak at the dimensions on their site and tell the masses if the DNA 60 variant is possibly slightly larger than the DNA 40 ? I never got along with the DNA 40 for some reason. It would be really nice if the USB would also allow EScribe connection.
Here you go dude! Looks like the DNA 60 is 4mm taller and instead of half of it being 24 to 27mm wide with the DNA 40, the 60 is 27mm wide throughout.
c395a589425d6b5e421f012726d85114.jpg
b7b05be20a665b87a03601f16c56000a.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can someone please snap a pic of an authentic Boro next to an SXK?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can someone please snap a pic of an authentic Boro next to an SXK?
The notches on the oring don't line up with the notches on the boro with the sxk one.

I'll get a pic later if you still need. I'm still trying to wake up.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The notches on the oring don't line up with the notches on the boro with the sxk one.

I'll get a pic later if you still need. I'm still trying to wake up.

:coffee2:
notches....?? O-rings....?? o_O

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:coffee2:
notches....?? O-rings....?? o_O

I remember some noticeable differences with the two... not all were a performance issue besides the gasket.

but the authentic was slightly bigger... less than .4mm in all 3 points... the tooling marks were noticeably different...the lower o-ring wouldn't always snug properly... and sometimes the upper o-ring would tear easily.

They were hit and miss a lot... with a guestimation fail rate of 30-40% where the Authentic would fail (Gasket) but only after long periods of use... same with the lower o-ring... but that is more user error for not lubing it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember some noticeable differences with the two... not all were a performance issue besides the gasket.

but the authentic was slightly bigger... less than .4mm in all 3 points... the tooling marks were noticeably different...the lower o-ring wouldn't always snug properly... and sometimes the upper o-ring would tear easily.

They were hit and miss a lot... with a guestimation fail rate of 30-40% where the Authentic would fail (Gasket) but only after long periods of use... same with the lower o-ring... but that is more user error for not lubing it.
So the authentic gaskets probably don't fir the clone...

Sent from the Death Star

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Ah ha. Now I see the authentic is slightly larger. I did notice lower ring tolerance not as tight. Thought I read somewhere that the gaskets were a different color but mine are the same. So I was like.....what...
Now I see, thank you.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah ha. Now I see the authentic is slightly larger. I did notice lower ring tolerance not as tight. Thought I read somewhere that the gaskets were a different color but mine are the same. So I was like.....what...
Now I see, thank you.

They are a different color shade... I didn't mention that, for figured everyone knew about the color difference ;)

The differences are minor...to the naked eye besides the main gasket... but a few thousandths here and there can make an item in spec or out of spec. And I am sure when they pump out 2000 boros in China... the first 500 are probably in spec...who knows if they just pump out the 2000 and don't QC the line and adjust... but same can be said for authentics... you truly hear less about an authentic failing

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are a different color shade... I didn't mention that, for figured everyone knew about the color difference ;)

The differences are minor...to the naked eye besides the main gasket... but a few thousandths here and there can make an item in spec or out of spec. And I am sure when they pump out 2000 boros in China... the first 500 are probably in spec...who knows if they just pump out the 2000 and don't QC the line and adjust... but same can be said for authentic... you truly hear less about an authentic failing
I knew it was "shade" difference, just couldn't see it on first look....and...there it is. SXK slightly darker or more toward red in color. Overall size difference is quite noticeable. I think I see what Mykreign was talking about regarding notches, guess he went back to bed.
:goodnight:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew it was "shade" difference, just couldn't see it on first look....and...there it is. SXK slightly darker or more toward red in color. Overall size difference is quite noticeable. I think I see what Mykreign was talking about regarding notches, guess he went back to bed.
Got busy. We had some wicked winds come through and I had to chop up a bunch of fallen limbs in my yard. Then went grocery shopping.

Still loving the vapeshell. Struggling right now to find juices that taste good in a MTL set up though. I only have one right now that I like.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got busy. We had some wicked winds come through and I had to chop up a bunch of fallen limbs in my yard. Then went grocery shopping.

Still loving the vapeshell. Struggling right now to find juices that taste good in a MTL set up though. I only have one right now that I like.

Funn I've seen people mention the drop in flavor when switching to MTL from DL. Never experienced this myself... my liquids never really exceed 12% so it's not like they're loaded or anything. Then again, I make mine 60/40 now just for wicking purposes so they may play a factor.

Sent from the Death Star

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funn I've seen people mention the drop in flavor when switching to MTL from DL. Never experienced this myself... my liquids never really exceed 12% so it's not like they're loaded or anything. Then again, I make mine 60/40 now just for wicking purposes so they may play a factor.

Sent from the Death Star
I may try going to 60vg. I was scared after the vapeshell leaked on me the first time lol.

Right now I'm vaping unicorn milk and barely taste anything. Same with a blueberry cheesecake. I just get the bakery/cream notes.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I do too. I can't tolerate high PG. 50/50 is like ugh, so I'm usually 40/60 which I think is a bit detrimental to MTL flavor.
I put a 28/36 back in my vapeshell this morning, thinking I may go back to round wire.....

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do too. I can't tolerate high PG. 50/50 is like ugh, so I'm usually 40/60 which I think is a bit detrimental to MTL flavor.
I put a 28/36 back in my vapeshell this morning, thinking I may go back to round wire.....
Don't be silly.

I keep forgetting to tell you, I was talking to Derrick and he said he had a case and it rubbed the paint off his BB.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't be silly.

I keep forgetting to tell you, I was talking to Derrick and he said he had a case and it rubbed the paint off his BB.

Where did he get the case from?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aerial Treasury posted today on FB about something he uses on the leather to prevent any abrasion. I think Shady has a Treasury case....

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So who's tried the 0.8 Nord coils? What pg/VG you use? Do you like them?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So who's tried the 0.8 Nord coils? What pg/VG you use? Do you like them?

Me, 50/50 25mg salts.
Hate them in a Nord.
Have bridge, trying in BB is on my to do list. Maybe me, maybe salts, dunno. They don't last at all....YMMV as usual.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me, 50/50 25mg salts.
Hate them in a Nord.
Have bridge, trying in BB is on my to do list. Maybe me, maybe salts, dunno. They don't last at all....YMMV as usual.
I'm definitely not using salts! I'll try 50/50

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm definitely not using salts! I'll try 50/50

I think you will be fine with 50/50, I admit, I didn't realize the wick holes were so small, till I got them, as soon as I opened one, knew it wouldn't work well with 70/30, it did wick amazingly enough though, but 5 quickish hits is when started to get dry hits.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried the SKD condensation plugs?

Yes I got a 3 pack of them off ebay for $15, 3 different air inserts from MTL to DL, I am using the MTL and it keeps my BB dry as a bone, best accessory I've bought for the BB.

VU Sponsors