Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For some reason I thought you were saying the Sebenza 31 is more like the Inkosi, am I dreaming?

No not dreaming.

The Sebenza 31 incorporated the slanted pocket clip, lock interface of the Inkosi and Umnanzaan... but it didn't incorporate the pivot design, they stayed the course and kept the pivot bushing... which is a good thing and bad to some.

The good about it... when they match the washers/blade to each knife... all you have to do is tighten the pivot and she is centered no loctite needed.

The bad about it... have to slide it in as mentioned (Not really hard) with a greater chance at pinching the washers... which if you do that, you have to send the knife in to get them refitted.

With the Inkosi and Zaan, you adjust the pivot to where you like, add a tiny dab of loctite and be done...just sammich the blade washers etc in place, hit the 2 screws and done.

The more screws to align handles the greater chance there is of not having them at the same torque which can change the centering of the blade.

In either case, you can't go wrong with a Sebenza 31 or an Inkosi... I just prefer the Inkosi.

upload_2019-8-14_9-57-40.png
upload_2019-8-14_10-0-56.png

upload_2019-8-14_9-59-8.png
upload_2019-8-14_9-59-34.png

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man, I'm really considering this one now. Not that easy to find the 60 chip in many new mods aside from the BB and I'm not a fan of the 75 with it's poor battery efficiency.

I put a white one in my cart last night......decisions.

View attachment 144242

Not only a decent price point, but the white one can easily become any other color with some synthetic dye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The ultem panels look way better than they did on the website

a99298e66d834c1394636b6b89bfa0d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 144278 @~Don~ , my Barry Woods Tuckaway has arrived! I can feel the slippery slope forming under my feet. ......
Hey Brew, you ever get any dud Drizzle coils?

The last two I've used taste burnt after a day and I haven't deviated from my routine when changing them. Prime, let them sit in the Boro for a bit, then start them out around 8 watts then work my way up to about 11 watts and there I stay.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what no mirrored edge? Slacker!
Cut me some slack Don, I just got back from the dentist. I wanted to ask him if he graduated from the Mengele School of Dentistry but considering he was working in my mouth, I opted to shut up! I'll get to the mirrored edge soon enough!

Hey Brew, you ever get any dud Drizzle coils?
No, I've gone thru five or six boxes of the things, they've always worked fine for me and I don't even baby them like you! I get about three solid weeks and a fourth OK-ish, I use MBV Maui Sunrise (50% dilution cause it is a bit too strong for me, 50/50) and about one and a half weeks with Lazy Morning (DIY juice, dark like my heart).

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cut me some slack Don, I just got back from the dentist. I wanted to ask him if he graduated from the Mengele School of Dentistry but considering he was working in my mouth, I opted to shut up! I'll get to the mirrored edge soon enough!

No, I've gone thru five or six boxes of the things, they've always worked fine for me and I don't even baby them like you! I get about three solid weeks and a fourth OK-ish, I use MBV Maui Sunrise (50% dilution cause it is a bit too strong for me, 50/50) and about one and a half weeks with Lazy Morning (DIY juice, dark like my heart).

Dang Josef straight yanking your yockers

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Good to know I wonder if vaping it low isn't doing any favors. I'm using Bourbon Vanilla Custard and I had a pretty gunked up wire that I pulled out of the coil. Weird!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know I wonder if vaping it low isn't doing any favors. I'm using Bourbon Vanilla Custard and I had a pretty gunked up wire that I pulled out of the coil. Weird!

Sent from the Death Star
Aren't custards coil gunkers? I pretty much vape lemonades and tropical fruits juices but I ran across a chocolate raspberry concentrate at Nic. River that is pretty good too. My DIY zeppola/irish cream/ cappuccino-- juice plays havoc with coils too but I use that in a couple of Dvarws so changing coils is not a big deal.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aren't custards coil gunkers? I pretty much vape lemonades and tropical fruits juices but I ran across a chocolate raspberry concentrate at Nic. River that is pretty good too. My DIY zeppola/irish cream/ cappuccino-- juice plays havoc with coils too but I use that in a couple of Dvarws so changing coils is not a big deal.
Yeah could be. I have a clone VapeShell that should be arriving any day now (fucking USPS) so that may be a better option.

Btw, Provapes is going to send me the revised bases for the SXK bridges for the price of postage. Supposed to work with the Drizzle coils. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now jist a sweet n sour burrito-fied minute here. How are we gittin "no bueno" out of a "poor chink."

it appears you need to get some things sorted there bub :D

Filipino living in South San Diego... literally miles from Mexico ;)

gagawin ko kung ano ang ginagawa ko - ahora ve a hacerme un burrito ;) ...Muy Bueno yaya

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that I've actually taken the time to figure out a build and wicking on my Dvarw MTL, (fasttech V2 clone).
I'm about ready to drop kick every other RTA I have. I screwed around and did not get on the list at KHW so....
For you guys that have a clone and an authentic, any difference other than cleaner looking? It really just goes together with o-rings...couple of threads, pretty simple.
Has anyone tried the Worm Hole or any of the Steam Tuners caps?

If anyone has anything related they want to move I might be interested.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that I've actually taken the time to figure out a build and wicking on my Dvarw MTL, (fasttech V2 clone).
I'm about ready to drop kick every other RTA I have. I screwed around and did not get on the list at KHW so....
For you guys that have a clone and an authentic, any difference other than cleaner looking? It really just goes together with o-rings...couple of threads, pretty simple.

I can buy one, got on the list just haven’t ordered it.

If you want a proxy you can have the one I can obtain.

As for differences, there are some...

Authentic is smoother in regards to air flow.

Authentic screws and posts don’t as easily fold/tweak

Authentic tolerances are a smidge better...you can tell a clone from the machining where the base connects to the deck, there is a small noticeable flaring...not on the authentic...same goes for the tank section to the deck.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want a proxy you can have the one I can obtain.
Wow, that's quite nice of you. If I remember, 4 weeks to order (?) Then the wait. Checked the site and the 3.5 glass is OOS...:wait:
I'll keep and eye out...and mull it over a bit. Thanks Don !

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can buy one, got on the list just haven’t ordered it.
If @BobsHere doesn't want it, I'll be second in line. I have three but a fourth one wouldn't hurt.
I have a WormHole from 3F, it is...well....underwhelming. The genius of a dark jc/chimney in a dark tank that makes it nearly impossible to see if you closed the juice ports before a top fill is a joy to behold! The best feature is that it holds 3 ml of juice. I didn't really play too much with the air flow inserts but the largest one is either a very loose MTL or a very tight DL (even for me). I bought it to see if it was worth investing in the authentic but I'd rather have another Dvarw. I may try the tank top on a Dvarw base and see if it works. The one other thing worth mentioning is the drip tip is slotted to fit in the chimney so it makes it easy to close/open the juice ports. If anyone figured out what the little coin like thingamadoodad is for, please let me know.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Filipino living in South San Diego... literally miles from Mexico ;)

gagawin ko kung ano ang ginagawa ko - ahora ve a hacerme un burrito ;) ...Muy Bueno yaya
Polish, Hungarian Englishman, living in Detroit literally miles from Canada. :)

I'm not sure enough about the rest to respond without possibly getting myself in trouble lol. Anyway, I was jist funnin with ya. :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that's quite nice of you. If I remember, 4 weeks to order (?) Then the wait. Checked the site and the 3.5 glass is OOS...:wait:
I'll keep and eye out...and mull it over a bit. Thanks Don !

Not really...he took my idea on a pre-order master list...it’s really no different than before, just one list now every two months rather than when he got stock in...but he ship in order once he receives stock.

His estimated times was for probably those who were 200-250

The glass tank is nice if you vape crackers, but I’d pass on the bograt, it causes whistling and isn’t an exact fit.

I should log onto khw and see if I can add the tank sections...I know I can add a DL

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Polish, Hungarian Englishman, living in Detroit literally miles from Canada. :)

I'm not sure enough about the rest to respond without possibly getting myself in trouble lol. Anyway, I was jist funnin with ya. :)

Oh I know you were

Really don’t take much said seriously til someone calls me an idiot

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

To be honest there isn't much difference in vape quality. Fitment of the chimney pieces is better and capturing leads with the post screws are better with the authentic, but only marginally IMO.

Sent from the Death Star

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does the DNA60 not have a 10 second cut off?

I'm having a problem with my BB, when I woke up today and fired it the mod just continued to fire constantly. It's not the fire button, it's still clicky when it's auto firing. I have to pop the battery to get it to stop.

I'm surprised it doesn't automatically shut off after a cut off time.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the DNA60 not have a 10 second cut off?

I'm having a problem with my BB, when I woke up today and fired it the mod just continued to fire constantly. It's not the fire button, it's still clicky when it's auto firing. I have to pop the battery to get it to stop.

I'm surprised it doesn't automatically shut off after a cut off time.
Weird I really thought it did. Might want to take your button inner panel off and see if the fire button on the board is being pressed somehow. Check for juice seepage while you're in there.

Sent from the Death Star

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Weird I really thought it did. Might want to take your button inner panel off and see if the fire button on the board is being pressed somehow. Check for juice seepage while you're in there.

Sent from the Death Star
Yeah, being a DNA, I was sure it would too.

I'll be taking it apart to see if there's anything obvious going on.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Sent from the Death Star
So, took it apart.....not wet inside. Tried to diagnose in escribe, nothing there.

I'm waiting for a reply to my email, I'm hoping that since I received it on July 22nd that they'll fix or replace it.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I feel ignorant....

You mean to tell me I went about 2 years not realizing BBs have an option for Atlantis coils?!?!
Went to the first page of this thread and saw @forza's list of coil compatibility (5/10/17)

Next, someone's gonna tell me that there's an EUC option too......

I feel like I would have jumped on that bandwagon long ago if I had known.

@MrMeowgi ...... tell a cousin where he can get a good deal.....

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel ignorant....

You mean to tell me I went about 2 years not realizing BBs have an option for Atlantis coils?!?!
Went to the first page of this thread and saw @forza's list of coil compatibility (5/10/17)

Next, someone's gonna tell me that there's an EUC option too......

I feel like I would have jumped on that bandwagon long ago if I had known.

@MrMeowgi ...... tell a cousin where he can get a good deal.....
Best I could think maybe overseas for a clone 60 with the USB. I think gold is the only color available right now. But the A-tank is the one that fits the Atlantis coils. Fasttech used to carry that Boro along with the euc . 5 five pack comes with a sleeve. Not sure about in stock though. A great vape. Ran them for a long time in a clone BB I had.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If @BobsHere doesn't want it, I'll be second in line. I have three but a fourth one wouldn't hurt.
I have a WormHole from 3F, it is...well....underwhelming. The genius of a dark jc/chimney in a dark tank that makes it nearly impossible to see if you closed the juice ports before a top fill is a joy to behold! The best feature is that it holds 3 ml of juice. I didn't really play too much with the air flow inserts but the largest one is either a very loose MTL or a very tight DL (even for me). I bought it to see if it was worth investing in the authentic but I'd rather have another Dvarw. I may try the tank top on a Dvarw base and see if it works. The one other thing worth mentioning is the drip tip is slotted to fit in the chimney so it makes it easy to close/open the juice ports. If anyone figured out what the little coin like thingamadoodad is for, please let me know.
I believe the coin thingy is to adjust juice flow if you were using a different tip. Carry it in your pocket...dunno.

@~Don~ give me just a bit to mull over how much I want the authentic. Really appreciate the offer. Don't want to hold you up with a Bear at the door...:D
Who already has 3....

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, took it apart.....not wet inside. Tried to diagnose in escribe, nothing there.

I'm waiting for a reply to my email, I'm hoping that since I received it on July 22nd that they'll fix or replace it.
WTH

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right?

Anyway, at least the customer service is responsive, I have to ship it back and they'll fix or replace.
That's good. Both of mine were second hand. What is their warranty on new?
I've read somewhere that they are pretty reasonable on repairs of older units.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BobsHere Yours til you say its not... then @BrewBear will get it ;)

Think it comes to $130 for the MTL with Glass Section and $125 with the factory Caps and $123 for the Poly cap... not accounting weird ass conversions Paypal does... then $7.90 for 2-3day Flat Rate to you.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BobsHere Yours til you say its not... then @BrewBear will get it ;)

Think it comes to $130 for the MTL with Glass Section and $125 with the factory Caps and $123 for the Poly cap... not accounting weird ass conversions Paypal does... then $7.90 for 2-3day Flat Rate to you.
And may I add, @BobsHere, I'm not in any hurry. Take as much time as you need, it is a fair chunk of change but the vape is definitely worth it. The clones are good, but the authentic is just that tiny bit better to where I decided to spend the money and bought two the first time out. Let's face it, I think we all spent a lot more for stupid vaping stuff we don't use anymore (I know I did ) but the Dvarws I use every day since I bought my first two in early December 2018.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors