Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And may I add, @BobsHere, I'm not in any hurry. Take as much time as you need, it is a fair chunk of change but the vape is definitely worth it. The clones are good, but the authentic is just that tiny bit better to where I decided to spend the money and bought two the first time out. Let's face it, I think we all spent a lot more for stupid vaping stuff we don't use anymore (I know I did ) but the Dvarws I use every day since I bought my first two in early December 2018.
Thanks Bear. I keep thinking about the amount of Picos and clowns I could stash away for the same $$$ but dammit....
Since everyone is cool and it's getting late on the east coast. I'll holler out tomorrow.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried the multi hole inserts? Guessing the number on the right is total air but the math is lost on me....I've also worked 55 hrs in 5 days with 1 more to go.
o_O
Screenshot_2019-08-16-21-27-58.png

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It does make for a beaut of a setup though!

Sent from the Death Star
Did Troy ever get back to you on the online list not moving? I asked the same question about a month ago. He said it would when he starts on it. At the time he said that was a second list started after problems with the first one but he was almost done with the first. I've been on it along time...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried the multi hole inserts? Guessing the number on the right is total air but the math is lost on me....I've also worked 55 hrs in 5 days with 1 more to go.
o_O
View attachment 144430

To me I think those are for the people that are borderline between the other ones.

For instance, I like the 1.5s but wish it was a skosh looser sometimes, so the 2*1.2mm for 1.69mm would be my pick.

Or someone that is using the 1mm normal, but wants it not as tight as the .08mm would get the 2*.06mm

As for how they perform...no idea.

Which reminds me... if you end up getting the MTL, I might add in two for me (my dime of course LOL)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did Troy ever get back to you on the online list not moving? I asked the same question about a month ago. He said it would when he starts on it. At the time he said that was a second list started after problems with the first one but he was almost done with the first. I've been on it along time...
Haven't heard anything just yet. I'll let you know if I do!

Sent from the Death Star

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
question.

60w vs 70w BB. other than the obvious 10w difference. is there anything else to know ? clone if it matters.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
question.

60w vs 70w BB. other than the obvious 10w difference. is there anything else to know ? clone if it matters.

Since the BB truly sucks at TC... it ends up being which one is cheaper for you?

They will both supply power... just with the DNA you can do all the things a DNA allows through Escribe, Minus TC ;)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
question.

I've heard that the 70w board has some potential reliability issues, but I didn't experience that with with the couple I had.

Sent from the Death Star

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since the BB truly sucks at TC... it ends up being which one is cheaper for you?

They will both supply power... just with the DNA you can do all the things a DNA allows through Escribe, Minus TC ;)
I am reading conflicting and conditional reports on the BB DNA 60 and TC. One years long vet with a dozen BBs told me it works fine, but not with drop in coils, even if they're tc compatible.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~ gonna pass on to @BrewBear
I need to spend some more time with the clown and catch the next list with a better idea of want I actually want for a tank and air inserts.
I've only used the 3.5 tank and want to give the 2 and 5 a try with some different builds, etc.
Thanks so much for offering the spot!
Have at it Bear
:cheers:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~ gonna pass on to @BrewBear
I need to spend some more time with the clown and catch the next list with a better idea of want I actually want for a tank and air inserts.
I've only used the 3.5 tank and want to give the 2 and 5 a try with some different builds, etc.
Thanks so much for offering the spot!
Have at it Bear
:cheers:

All good, I can also get the Tripod since I joined that list and got in join lists for those that want an extra chance

@BrewBear whenever you want to get the Dvarw or a Tripod hit me up...can be anytime in the next 13 days or so, then I fall off the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All good, I can also get the Tripod since I joined that list and got in join lists for those that want an extra chance

@BrewBear whenever you want to get the Dvarw or a Tripod hit me up...can be anytime in the next 13 days or so, then I fall off the list

I got in on the Tripod list too. I really like mine. It beats the Dvarw in flavor but I still love the Dvarw for its simplicity. Lots of moving pieces on the Tripod... Only drawback for me anyway

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got in on the Tripod list too. I really like mine. It beats the Dvarw in flavor but I still love the Dvarw for its simplicity. Lots of moving pieces on the Tripod... Only drawback for me anyway

Sent from the Death Star

Only things that bothered me is the inconsistency of their compression lock of the tank and the whole have to buy the 3.5 tank...poor Trevor’s was a wobbler

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only things that bothered me is the inconsistency of their compression lock of the tank and the whole have to buy the 3.5 tank...poor Trevor’s was a wobbler

Yeah man he really got bent out of shape over that! I totally get where he's coming from. Mine does it but only slightly.

As for the 3.5ml tank, you still have to buy that with the Dvarw... I guess the only diff is that the Dvarw doesn't come standard with the 2ml.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'all please give me a minute to get my last synapse firing, I'll let you know what dvarw I want but today was a long week and I only had a 32 oz of home brewed coffee. That's a long way to go on that little coffee (4 am to 6 pm).

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, i need help. I should be able to to get this out to build and fill it right?
95f15b69307b89ceba9b7badd17590e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah man he really got bent out of shape over that! I totally get where he's coming from. Mine does it but only slightly.

As for the 3.5ml tank, you still have to buy that with the Dvarw... I guess the only diff is that the Dvarw doesn't come standard with the 2ml.

Sent from the Death Star

Dvarw's used to be sold in 2, 3.5, 5ml kits... and decks alone. (same as now)

Another hard pill to swallow, paying for a tank I wouldn't use ;)

Its like my Yo-Yo'n on buying a GT4 or GTR...(leaning towards GTR with the secondary post) Do I really want to spend an additional $32 on the RDL post? I know it will be to my liking with the RDL post...but (below)

Old adage: "It's 100% right, or it's 100% wrong"

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, i need help. I should be able to to get this out to build and fill it right?
95f15b69307b89ceba9b7badd17590e1.jpg

Is there a nut up on the top where the drip tip fits in the BB? If yes, loosen it up, that should release the pressure/seal on the boro tank. If the nut is out aready but the boro tank doesn't come out, it is because some condensation formed between the boro and the BB wall. Do the best you can to dislodge it from there. Usually we put a small piece of tissue behind the tank (about the size of the tank) and that doesn't allow for the capillary action to create that tight seal between the boro and the BB wall. To build it, yes, you have to take the bridge out, to fill it, all you do is slide down the glass face on the boro.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a nut up on the top where the drip tip fits in the BB? If yes, loosen it up, that should release the pressure/seal on the boro tank. If the nut is out aready but the boro tank doesn't come out, it is because some condensation formed between the boro and the BB wall. Do the best you can to dislodge it from there. Usually we put a small piece of tissue behind the tank (about the size of the tank) and that doesn't allow for the capillary action to create that tight seal between the boro and the BB wall. To build it, yes, you have to take the bridge out, to fill it, all you do is slide down the glass face on the boro.
I don't see a nut. I lightly pulled on it with a flathead, but I don't want to crack it...
0f0897fb885fcf5d37524dd16bf99b14.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, got this far... 510 unscrews to release "tank". What now?
d18b1aa1e34e3a519a4861fcb0d18fdc.jpg
7cf5c0cfefc701913a0d691ce0dcd3eb.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BrewBear

upload_2019-8-17_20-51-51.png

these 2 right?

Then DHL or Slow Boat?

upload_2019-8-17_20-52-50.png

Looks to come to about $120 from my simple math (including the $7.90 to you)

Again, I have up to 13 days I think still before I fall off being able to buy it... lemme check when the list was to make sure....

upload_2019-8-17_20-56-13.png

Ok so have 10 days left ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Slow boat be fine, it's not like I don't already have one....or three:vino:

Well shit, they're out of stock of the round hole juice flow rings

upload_2019-8-17_23-8-32.png

Deck alone slow boat is $93 +- $1 for exchange rate paypal anal probing shipped to you

$72.07+$13.31+$7.90(USPS)+$93.38

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No worries, the deck alone will be fine. Thanks @~Don~, let's say $95 all together?

Sounds about right... just tell me when you want to make the purchase...even if bought today, probably be a bit before it gets shipped as per the above post from Peter.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Up to 60 days before it ships then up to 20 from there slow boat

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm falling in love vapeshell ordered
I am getting a tiny bit of leakage. Not enough to be a problem by any means, but wondered if there was a trick, or something I did wrong?
77a9ef6ef2c1e962b4515c25d9acf83a.jpg
fed78f1e78822e1c2d6eb96a516db8ea.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm falling in love vapeshell ordered
I am getting a tiny bit of leakage. Not enough to be a problem by any means, but wondered if there was a trick, or something I did wrong?
77a9ef6ef2c1e962b4515c25d9acf83a.jpg
fed78f1e78822e1c2d6eb96a516db8ea.jpg

What I see in the pics is condensation, not leaking, but I could be wrong. We use a dry plug most of the time, a small contraption that fits in the bottom of the boro tank. @troydestroy should be able to help with that, he sells them.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice Christmas present to myself:vino:

Only down fall about slow boat... doesn't track once in the States... have to call USPS a few days after we see it leave Budapest... did that with my first one... was able to know an approximate day it would arrive by calling... although the system doesn't update... on USPS' side they know where it was last scanned.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only down fall about slow boat... doesn't track once in the States... have to call USPS a few days after we see it leave Budapest... did that with my first one... was able to know an approximate day it would arrive by calling... although the system doesn't update... on USPS' side they know where it was last scanned.
I don't do that, it gets here when it gets here.....if it gets here:vino: Now, I need more coffee

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't do that, it gets here when it gets here.....if it gets here:vino: Now, I need more coffee

Well I will be doing that lol... want to make sure I am home the day its supposed to be here since I have to sign for it ;)

CV's post office is a wreck when it comes to getting missed deliveries.

VU Sponsors