Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Jim, I'm curious... did you finally get tired of the lil DNA mod I gave ya ;) That battery cap was enough for me to leave it in the drawer...
No way dude! I love the little thing! It's perfect for me since I vape at 12-13 watts... A single 18650 lasts me like 3 days. The cap is a PITA but I have enough setups to make it last even longer.
Really should break some things down that I'm not using and tuck them away for when I get that itch to get something new.

Speaking of something new, got the Dang RDA in on Monday and it's actually sitting on it now until the Dreamer mech arrives (via slow boat hopefully before Christmas ). Got two Ni80 28/SS316l 36 fused claptons in it. The thing RIPS at 50 watts... airflow closed down to 4 little holes and flavor is great. Vapor production is reeeeeetarded. Two hits cloud up my living room plenty.
I also have a Bonza on the way from @dubya314 to check out. If I dig that enough I'll send you the Dang to play with.

Sent from the Death Star

Thank you guys for sugestions! I did vape this as a mtl @14 watts, i played with ohms calc before even building it and educated myself of what Mooch suggests when it comes to 18350’s. But i will do a full charge again and will see if anything changes. Also read the post about bevelong the top of the boro tank and might give it a chance! One thing i couldn’t find how to do is locking it. Will try stuff for a while but if it’s still not firing might just toss it out

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you guys for sugestions! I did vape this as a mtl @14 watts, i played with ohms calc before even building it and educated myself of what Mooch suggests when it comes to 18350’s. But i will do a full charge again and will see if anything changes. Also read the post about bevelong the top of the boro tank and might give it a chance! One thing i couldn’t find how to do is locking it. Will try stuff for a while but if it’s still not firing might just toss it out
Billet locks with five clicks of fire button. Some 3, a few 4. Does the bantom turn on/off with 5 clicks?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No way dude! I love the little thing! It's perfect for me since I vape at 12-13 watts... A single 18650 lasts me like 3 days. The cap is a PITA but I have enough setups to make it last even longer.
Really should break some things down that I'm not using and tuck them away for when I get that itch to get something new.

Speaking of something new, got the Dang RDA in on Monday and it's actually sitting on it now until the Dreamer mech arrives (via slow boat hopefully before Christmas ). Got two Ni80 28/SS316l 36 fused claptons in it. The thing RIPS at 50 watts... airflow closed down to 4 little holes and flavor is great. Vapor production is reeeeeetarded. Two hits cloud up my living room plenty.
I also have a Bonza on the way from @dubya314 to check out. If I dig that enough I'll send you the Dang to play with.

Sent from the Death Star

Do you have a digital multi-meter?

Everything about me and that RDA tells me its going to have major voltage loss.

From the PVD coated positive and negative clamps, to the gold pvd coated 510, just really curious to know the voltage on this.

Even at .40Ω on a fresh 18650 would be ok.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
additionally with the VT75N I seriously would just USB charge it... once a month or so, take it out to check on the battery (Mostly diaelectric reasons) although it shouldnt be a problem ever at 12w ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Regulated mods don't care about Ohms (for the most part) some can't fire below .10Ω (Only thing they care about when it comes to ohms)

Ohm's Law pertains to Mechs only.

Watt's Law is for regulated and the math I did earlier is watts law.

Watts/battery count/voltage cut off/efficiency

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

From the PVD coated positive and negative clamps, to the gold pvd coated 510, just really curious to know the voltage on this.

The dang or the bonza?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The dang or the bonza?
He's talking about the Dang. I have yet to use it in a mech so I'm not sure on the voltage drop. I will say that at 50 watts (4.12V) it ramps up quick and has some really nice flavor and cloud production. Airflow is smooth too. Me likey

See above

No multimeter to test it though.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He's talking about the Dang. I have yet to use it in a mech so I'm not sure on the voltage drop. I will say that at 50 watts (4.12V) it ramps up quick and has some really nice flavor and cloud production. Airflow is smooth too. Me likey See above

No multimeter to test it though.

Sent from the Death Star

So at 50w its giving you a voltage reading to the atty of 4.12v?

hmm maybe I can extrapolate this some...

you're running 28/36 dual fused... assuming 3mm 5 wrap and .34Ω reason being is the equal parts voltage to wattage

4.12v x .34 is approx 50w, but have to take mod efficiency into account... and .34Ω/.85 would be .41Ω

So there is a 7w loss on that RDA...

So if I apply that to what I get on my control RDA (GoonV1) and input my .12Ω build of having 3.79v and apply the same .85% this changes it to 5.95w so a rough voltage read using the Goon VS the Dang makes the dang a 3.68-3.69v read. +- .01

Still better than the Terk V shit RDA, but less than the C2MNT/Goon (3.72 and 3.79)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So at 50w its giving you a voltage reading to the atty of 4.12v?

hmm maybe I can extrapolate this some...

you're running 28/36 dual fused... assuming 3mm 5 wrap and .34Ω reason being is the equal parts voltage to wattage

4.12v x .34 is approx 50w, but have to take mod efficiency into account... and .34Ω/.85 would be .41Ω

So there is a 7w loss on that RDA...

So if I apply that to what I get on my control RDA (GoonV1) and input my .12Ω build of having 3.79v and apply the same .85% this changes it to 5.95w so a rough voltage read using the Goon VS the Dang makes the dang a 3.68-3.69v read. +- .01

Still better than the Terk V shit RDA, but less than the C2MNT/Goon (3.72 and 3.79)
I didn't get that off of the mod. I was guesstmating with an Ohms Law calculator lol. I'll check it when I get home later tonight

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man these are nice. Albert has this on his site

View attachment 150989
Looks familiar!
You're going to love it!
e94c112d10289e2aaffd63cbbc548925.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not that its OMG I needs it.

Still sub-par to my Pico 75-Dvarw combo ($35) and only nominally smaller, lighter.

Plus the Pasito works great... loaded with 24mg for out and about.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm waiting for the Aegis Boost + RBA deck to drop... I think that will be a winner... RBA is supposed to be released soon
I haven't checked that one out. The rba in this is really good, so far. Piece of cake, and I see no issues to come up. It also came with a 1.6 ohm coil that vapes really well, and a .3 I doubt I will even try that. Said it before, but these are just made for mtl. I'll build an rda if I wanna dl :)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not that its OMG I needs it.

Still sub-par to my Pico 75-Dvarw combo ($35) and only nominally smaller, lighter.

Plus the Pasito works great... loaded with 24mg for out and about.
I use a pico and $10 2019 kayfun clones all the time. May not be my fav in hand, but it is the perfect, cheap vape for me.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That does look rather awesome. Despite the screwball intro vid that TM and OBOC did :confused:
Haha I haven't watched it but they took a vote in the Namberjuice group to see if they should do it infomercial style.

I really like it so far! Can't wait to get it on my matte black Dreamer when it comes next year

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay @~Don~, so I'm getting 4.2V at 50 watts with a 0.35 ohm build on the Dang according to the VT75N

For comparison, the Bonza I just got from @dubya314 (lovely btw! I'll make sure to leave feedback) I'm getting 4.28V at 50 watts with 0.36 ohms according to the same mod.

The funny part is that voltage drop doesn't bother me unless it really hits like a wet noodle, but under 0.4 ohms I can't really tell the difference. So long as the ramp up isn't awful and I get good flavor and cloud production, IDC.

But now you've got me curious...

Sent from the Death Star

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay @~Don~, so I'm getting 4.2V at 50 watts with a 0.35 ohm build on the Dang according to the VT75N

For comparison, the Bonza I just got from @dubya314 (lovely btw! I'll make sure to leave feedback) I'm getting 4.28V at 50 watts with 0.36 ohms according to the same mod.

The funny part is that voltage drop doesn't bother me unless it really hits like a wet noodle, but under 0.4 ohms I can't really tell the difference. So long as the ramp up isn't awful and I get good flavor and cloud production, IDC.

Sent from the Death Star
I have to know....... Which drip tip will you be using, if either?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to know....... Which drip tip will you be using, if either?
Funny you should ask... I had that exact knurled on already. Looks the tits, but too open for me. The taller, narrower one if a Kennedy style one right? I have that one too

Actually using a purple resin on that is kind of a marriage of both for now. I may change my mind once I get the Dreamer in though.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sent from the Death Star

Thx... my math in the previous post is about right...

There is going to be a 6-9w drop compared to the Goon and pretty much tells me all things twisted messes have the same inherent loss in voltage for mech use.

Not really an issue for those that will utilize TM mfg RDAs on regulated devices...

Or a concern really for those that run higher ohm builds.

Just for this guy, it’s a leaverite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Bonza is worse in the regards of voltage loss...significantly so...but again, non-issue on a regulated.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a RDA arriving today that I am hopeful of... really going to disappoint me if it’s shit.

Bought the Trinity US-1 V2 RDA... really hoping the Goons cap fits on it... but if it doesn’t it will probably still replace the Terk Vshit RDA I have on the Double Barrel V3.

Have a set of the same aliens waiting for it that I generally use to do a voltage read... shall see how it performs against the Goon V1 and C2MNT.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So total tangent...

Saw a post on the wife’s feed about package thieves.

Reuse those amazon boxes, use them for your trash...leave them on your porch

Fill one or two with your dogs shit... used condoms...or just any foul crap you can think of

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So total tangent...

Saw a post on the wife’s feed about package thieves.

Reuse those amazon boxes, use them for your trash...leave them on your porch

Fill one or two with your dogs shit... used condoms...or just any foul crap you can think of

Humans, their the worst :cuss2:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well the US-h1t 1 RDA came in... the cap would work, but the posts hit the upper end of the sleeve for the Goon... doesn't matter though... it has shitty voltage loss 3.58v.

Only stuck the coils in and did a read... not even going to wick or juice it to see how it vapes.

should of went with my gut and bought another C2MNT, but had to save $10 and get one with clamps I like... what good that is doing in the drawer of shit lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well... I wasn't satisfied with how that was working...

So I took it all apart... brushed the contacts and micro meshed them, took my mini diamond files and smoothed the inside part of the clamps, put it all back together... and now its rocking... 3.75v.

Just a hard choice which cap to use... the ugly ass glass one, but flavor is crazy with... or the cloud cap, where flavor is slightly reduced...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well... I wasn't satisfied with how that was working...

So I took it all apart... brushed the contacts and micro meshed them, took my mini diamond files and smoothed the inside part of the clamps, put it all back together... and now its rocking... 3.75v.

Just a hard choice which cap to use... the ugly ass glass one, but flavor is crazy with... or the cloud cap, where flavor is slightly reduced...
@~Don~

I don't know if THIS will be of any use to you at all, but just to throw it over there.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~

I don't know if THIS will be of any use to you at all, but just to throw it over there.

Thx, I saw that... really curious of how thick their silver plating is, and if they used sterling (Shitty for contacts) or plated pure silver (Great)

Reminds me of my Mech squonk times, and seeing these companies rave about their .925 Silver shit... which is actually worse in conductivity than just copper.

I know, $6... and I've taken chances with more expensive shit being... well shit lol

I have had the standard redemption and black AFC in my cart for a few weeks now haha... just never was a huge fan of their stuff... even at their blowout pricing.

I should grab one, its cheap enough... but I am honestly running out of mods to put things on... plus I don't like having to much excess... I primarily vape my Overlord/C2MNT and have the DB3 with whatever RDA (Trinity now) with a different juice and thats it... not saying more isn't better... but more unused and knowing I wouldn't use it is what I don't like.

Like both of those Terk V shits I have... I'll never use them again, nor the Occula RDA

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx, I saw that... really curious of how thick their silver plating is, and if they used sterling (Shitty for contacts) or plated pure silver (Great)

Reminds me of my Mech squonk times, and seeing these companies rave about their .925 Silver shit... which is actually worse in conductivity than just copper.

I know, $6... and I've taken chances with more expensive shit being... well shit lol

I have had the standard redemption and black AFC in my cart for a few weeks now haha... just never was a huge fan of their stuff... even at their blowout pricing.

I should grab one, its cheap enough... but I am honestly running out of mods to put things on... plus I don't like having to much excess... I primarily vape my Overlord/C2MNT and have the DB3 with whatever RDA (Trinity now) with a different juice and thats it... not saying more isn't better... but more unused and knowing I wouldn't use it is what I don't like.

Like both of those Terk V shits I have... I'll never use them again, nor the Occula RDA
Unload them bitches while they're still hot. You'll probably be able to recoup 70-80% of what you paid still.

Sent from the Death Star

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

All I can tell you is there is a noticeable weight difference between the stock deck and the silver deck. I got them both for 16 bucks the other day. The Redemption also vapes really good. Close the AFC a hair and it's super smooth and quiet. Kind of an upside down Goon deck. Clamps are solid.

I am no metallurgist. Maybe you can tell the difference. The silver deck is REALLY silver. As in color. Not shiny chrome-ish silver, but silvery silver. I don't know how to explain it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I can tell you is there is a noticeable weight difference between the stock deck and the silver deck. I got them both for 16 bucks the other day. The Redemption also vapes really good. Close the AFC a hair and it's super smooth and quiet. Kind of an upside down Good deck. Clamps are solid.

I am no metallurgist. Maybe you can tell the difference. The silver deck is REALLY silver. As in color. Not shiny chrome-ish silver, but silvery silver. I don't know how to explain it.

I know for a fact it’s plated... if it was pure at $6 I’d buy 1000 and melt them down since silver is $16 an ounce.

Just curious to the plating if .925 or .999

Imagine a RDA weighs about an ounce... spend $6000 and make $16000, $10000 profit for 15lbs of propane and about 3hrs work

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realize that plating alone shouldn't make a noticeable weight difference, but unless I'm imaging things ,there really seems to be one.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I’m 1000% sure that RDA is plated... can tell by the deck...inside you see how smoothed over the milling path is...only happens when they plate...or the endmill is super fine...

I am sure it’s a good vape... very few rdas for clouds actually vape horribly.

But I’m getting along just fine with the 3 I use now...

Goon V1; US1 and C2MNT

Just need some authentic goon v1 drip tips in black

VU Sponsors