Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm bad with this shit :facepalm: What's that mean for me? (Illinois, central I think)

579f50dd155f630ce391ce21c3e7347f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All gone, already sigh :( Do they literally go in minutes? Do we have any idea how many they stock?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Then you have some who run A FB group and this person snatched up a bunch then waffles them for $100 more and calls them rare... since he monopolized mass purchases

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Then you have some who run A FB group and this person snatched up a bunch then waffles them for $100 more and calls them rare... since he monopolized mass purchases

Once again, we're back to "people, their the worst" :cuss2:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, no self respecting company will specifically make a FB modder a dozen or so BBs at the expense of fairness, unless they “don’t” give two shits about their customer base.

Plus all you have to do is watch the upcoming releases and the ones he has up for waffles.

I mean $420+shipping and under the guise of “oh I only paid $42/84/126 etc. so it’s a deal.

Not mad at his ability to buy, or his profiteering... but buying up them all in attempt to corner the market to set a false value, that’s bad juju

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, no self respecting company will specifically make a FB modder a dozen or so BBs at the expense of fairness, unless they give two shits about their customer base.
I don't think you stated this exactly as you meant it. I'm not following.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thinking about making some 6mg juice and changing one of my vapeshells to DL, wide open. I'm hesitant though because that's a lot to do not knowing if I'll like it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thinking about making some 6mg juice and changing one of my vapeshells to DL, wide open. I'm hesitant though because that's a lot to do not knowing if I'll like it

Do the atty first, if it’s not to your liking then do the juice...

Then if you don’t like it, you can tell yourself you just wicked wrong and had to redo it anyway to go back

Wrong % juice is just wrong... although you can do some math and cut it or add it to a larger bottle and fix it

Good luck, I prefer restricted DL for I take longer draws...

One day I might get a BB again, used and or beat is fine... and grab a vapesnail... seems that atty would suit me perfectly.

Heck just to get the ball rolling I’d trade my Dani+Dvarw DL for a BB, just would have to be one of two colors though

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you still have a Xeta, try that for DTL too.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do the atty first, if it’s not to your liking then do the juice...

Then if you don’t like it, you can tell yourself you just wicked wrong and had to redo it anyway to go back

Wrong % juice is just wrong... although you can do some math and cut it or add it to a larger bottle and fix it

Good luck, I prefer restricted DL for I take longer draws...

One day I might get a BB again, used and or beat is fine... and grab a vapesnail... seems that atty would suit me perfectly.

Heck just to get the ball rolling I’d trade my Dani+Dvarw DL for a BB, just would have to be one of two colors though

I use a xeta for DL currently and to me, it's restricted. Everyone says the vapeshell is even tighter so idk how I'll feel about it.

So I use vapeshells for MTL at 40/60. I wonder if I make 30/70 for DL, if the wicking will keep up? Decisions, decisions.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a xeta for DL currently and to me, it's restricted. Everyone says the vapeshell is even tighter so idk how I'll feel about it.

So I use vapeshells for MTL at 40/60. I wonder if I make 30/70 for DL, if the wicking will keep up? Decisions, decisions.
To be honest I don't see the Billet Box as being a full DTL device. Not enough power and it's just not designed that way. I can get a good, but fairly tame RDTL vape from the Xeta wide open everywhere, but for actual DTL it cannot compete with RDAs and RTAs. I don't think it tries to really. All imho of course. :cool:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wicking would definitely keep up in your Xeta... do you use it for DL without an airflow button and no chimney insert? I've heard that the Xeta is the absolute more airflow you can get aside from the Boxxer V2.

I wouldn't bother with the VapeShell for DL, honestly. The bore of the chimney isn't near wide enough to get you the air you want from the sounds of it.

Sent from the Death Star

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wicking would definitely keep up in your Xeta... do you use it for DL without an airflow button and no chimney insert? I've heard that the Xeta is the absolute more airflow you can get aside from the Boxxer V2.

I wouldn't bother with the VapeShell for DL, honestly. The bore of the chimney isn't near wide enough to get you the air you want from the sounds of it.

Sent from the Death Star
I'm not sure how I'd feel about it being more restricted until I try it. I honestly want to see how it does with all my drip tips.

With the xeta, I do run it without any inserts.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'm tired of having to put all my weight on the xeta to get it Into the boro. So dumb.
I guess nobody's in a position to complain, but I wish the clone outfits would do a little testing and make some adjustments where needed on their clones. The OG Xeta was just as tight from what I hear. SXK and YFTK could have made that base a quarter or half mil smaller and it would have fixed that.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
've heard that the Xeta is the absolute more airflow you can get aside from the Boxxer V2.
Yeah if you pull through the Xeta outside of the boro, or in the boro outside of the mod, you can see that the point of restriction is the bore of the drip tip. I drilled one out a little and it made a little difference, but not a ton. Not much meat to drill into there.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I did it. Idk if I'm crazy or what, but I feel like the vapeshell has more airflow than the xeta or at least similar.

Filled it with some blueberry vanilla cheesecake and the first few hits are good.
Whistle tip gets a little warm so we'll see how that goes and see if I get any juice in my mouth.

Overall, I dig it so far.

mackman

Member For 4 Years
To be honest I don't see the Billet Box as being a full DTL device. Not enough power and it's just not designed that way. I can get a good, but fairly tame RDTL vape from the Xeta wide open everywhere, but for actual DTL it cannot compete with RDAs and RTAs. I don't think it tries to really. All imho of course. :cool:

Have you tried the Boxxer V2? DL no problem

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I did it. Idk if I'm crazy or what, but I feel like the vapeshell has more airflow than the xeta or at least similar.

Filled it with some blueberry vanilla cheesecake and the first few hits are good.
Whistle tip gets a little warm so we'll see how that goes and see if I get any juice in my mouth.

Overall, I dig it so far.
I don't understand that, but far be it from me to argue with somebody's happiness and success. Maybe you're just a Vapeshell guy. Which of course there's not a thing in the world wrong with. :D

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is too much like work :rolleyes: Know why my black screw set won't work? I tried last night and it wouldn't fire. Put the originals back in, worked fine. I took the black screw to work today, and used a wire brush on everything but the screw head, took off all the paint/Coating? Tried them again tonight, no go. Originals back in, works again? :confused:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is too much like work :rolleyes: Know why my black screw set won't work? I tried last night and it wouldn't fire. Put the originals back in, worked fine. I took the black screw to work today, and used a wire brush on everything but the screw head, took off all the paint/Coating? Tried them again tonight, no go. Originals back in, works again? :confused:
Are you replacing the two screws on the top right of the button side? Those are grounding screws IIRC. Keep the originals in there and change everything else. Should work perfectly.

Sent from the Death Star

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used Awesome cleaner for instance when some bonehead at the 2nd hand store taped a price tag onto the screen of a used monitor with 2 inch wide packing tape. It left a big blob of tape glue on the screen. 2 of em actually. That stuff took off the glue and had no effect on the screen coating. This was back in the CRT monitor days.

VU Sponsors