Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hopefully it's coming for ya, they seem to be lacking in promptness for sure, to put it nicely.

I have ordered from Ohman and love his stuff, but he couldn't do the buttons I was looking for. Love hits DT's for sure.

Funny thing is I got an email late last night saying it shipped lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, your gonna beat me for sure :rolleyes: I have no idea why, but I have very little patience for vape gear, but BB accessories I seem to be really forgiving :confused:

Yeah I hear you , it’s funny though I ordered some stuff from I’m and Canada hand made stuff didn’t take as long as these guys .

Last edited:

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don’t post here much, but I thought I’d show off a bit. I won a waffle! Purple juma!! I’m in love.........View attachment 162651

That is definitely a set of Matt Bennett panels. That is really fantastic looking.

I have a set of black juma from Matt on my Fashion Nugget and set of blue juma arriving on Monday hopefully. They will go on my Kurbis unit. The polish that Matt puts on these things is amazing.

upload_2020-6-7_19-40-39.jpeg

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is definitely a set of Matt Bennett panels. That is really fantastic looking.

I have a set of black juma from Matt on my Fashion Nugget and set of blue juma arriving on Monday hopefully. They will go on my Kurbis unit. The polish that Matt puts on these things is amazing.

View attachment 162675
How much do his Juma panels run?I just joined his group today,he's got some amazing stuff on there,so i'm almost afraid to ask how much haha.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How much do his Juma panels run?I just joined his group today,he's got some amazing stuff on there,so i'm almost afraid to ask how much haha.

It is $125 for the panels. If you want a matching tip and button it is $25. He charges $5 for shipping.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is $125 for the panels. If you want a matching tip and button it is $25. He charges $5 for shipping.
Not bad pricing at. Not on fb though. Could use my wife's buy then she'd know what I'm up to or how much I spend

Sent from a pile of wood chips

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Not bad pricing at. Not on fb though. Could use my wife's buy then she'd know what I'm up to or how much I spend

Send him an email at [email protected]. That is his PayPal account. I'm sure he could send you pictures of what he has on hand. I know that he is getting an order of ivory juma in this next week. The ivory has been on BO for awhile now. I also have an order in for ivory panels.

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 162675

e06bcc8121f770f398f2b7ddf3bb0c11.jpg

I didn’t want your nugget to be alone so here’s mine !

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well I couldn't be happier with it. The button is just gorgeous :)
View attachment 162784

Congrats on the genuine Paua TMNBB.I think that the BBV premium buttons are some of the best out there for both fit and appearance. And it seams that they tend to choose the Paua buttons with colors that are complimentary to the color of the box rather than just randomly insert a button.

What will you use as an RBA?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on the genuine Paua TMNBB.I think that the BBV premium buttons are some of the best out there for both fit and appearance. And it seams that they tend to choose the Paua buttons with colors that are complimentary to the color of the box rather than just randomly insert a button.

What will you use as an RBA?
Totally agree. I really didn't think I would like it, but there are notes in there that totally go with the green, leading me to believe that is not by chance as well. Some clear panels for me, other than that staying as is :)

I have 7 now, 5 get vapeshell, 2 get Xeta. If I had 7 vapeshells, well............

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Someone here was talking about using a dremel to grind down a 510 nut, @b.m. maybe? I decided to give it a go. Used vise grips with a rubberband and a flat edge grinding stone. Worked really well. Left some burring inside, so I had to do a good bit of sanding to get that back to smooth, but really not hard and turned out great, imo
1591738195411344620113.jpg
15917382924261903647510.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Someone here was talking about using a dremel to grind down a 510 nut, @b.m. maybe? I decided to give it a go. Used vise grips with a rubberband and a flat edge grinding stone. Worked really well. Left some burring inside, so I had to do a good bit of sanding to get that back to smooth, but really not hard and turned out great, imo
View attachment 162791
View attachment 162792

I thought about doing that long ago... but not with a dremel... was just going to take it to sand paper and do a progression of grits, then use a reamer in the center to remove any burrs.

Probably take a few mins to do... start with like 600 grit and do a few passes, then 800/1000/1500/2000

Wow sounds like I am talking about sharpening my Chris Reeve knives LOL

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 162791
View attachment 162792
Yea I believe it was B.M... That's awesome looking. You did a great job. So how did it get scratched inside? Just the stone pieces Falling in? I'm sure more of us will be doing this as well. At least on my clone first. Lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought about doing that long ago... but not with a dremel... was just going to take it to sand paper and do a progression of grits, then use a reamer in the center to remove any burrs.

Probably take a few mins to do... start with like 600 grit and do a few passes, then 800/1000/1500/2000

I was a little worried about not getting it even with the stone, but it turned out good. Also though if I go to flush or a tad lower, perfectly even doesn't matter :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was a little worried about not getting it even with the stone, but it turned out good. Also though if I go to flush or a tad lower, perfectly even doesn't matter :)
You have calipers?

I'd probably drill like a 5/8s hole or whatever size that nut is in a small piece of wood, screw it in, then have at it with a sander also... so many ways to skin a cat

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't even go that far with my whittling knives. Lol. Well they come sharpened. I just have to keep them up with some stropping action. I've always sucked at sharpening knives. I use a Rada sharpener with the two little wheels for my work knives. Thank goodness I haven't needed to sharpen my wood knives yet. But Drake knives will sharpen then for life for me which is awesome if I send it back in.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't even go that far with my whittling knives. Lol. Well they come sharpened. I just have to keep them up with some stropping action. I've always sucked at sharpening knives. I use a Rada sharpener with the two little wheels for my work knives. Thank goodness I haven't needed to sharpen my wood knives yet. But Drake knives will sharpen then for life for me which is awesome if I send it back in.

I have a KME knife sharpener, 300-125k grit progressions, diamond stones, diamond lapping films... can get some REALLY sharp edges... Like push cut through the corner of a 3" thick telephone book sharp...

Also have a few bench stones

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea I believe it was B.M... That's awesome looking. You did a great job. So how did it get scratched inside? Just the stone pieces Falling in? I'm sure more of us will be doing this as well. At least on my clone first. Lol

That was my SXK of course ;):) Just scratched from the sandpaper. I can clean that up, but always gonna have a dt in there so who cares :p

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You have calipers?

I'd probably drill like a 5/8s hole or whatever size that nut is in a small piece of wood, screw it in, then have at it with a sander also... so many ways to skin a cat
Yup, I would guess that would work as well.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a KME knife sharpener, 300-125k grit progressions, diamond stones, diamond lapping films... can get some REALLY sharp edges... Like push cut through the corner of a 3" thick telephone book sharp...

Also have a few bench stones
Damn now that's sharp. Maybe I just send my knives to you for a nominal fee. Lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn now that's sharp. Maybe I just send my knives to you for a nominal fee. Lol

I can do that... takes about 15mins a knife to go through the progression.

Also if it needs a reprofile, lil longer.

Has chips... longer

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just looked at Drake Knives... they don’t specify which tool steel they use.. O1 A1, going to assume O1 since the price is $35, M4 and the other tool steels go up in price and fast.

But I didn’t know they were that small , might only take a few mins each since my diamonds stones are just as wide as the blade

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just looked at Drake Knives... they don’t specify which tool steel they use.. O1 A1, going to assume O1 since the price is $35, M4 and the other tool steels go up in price and fast.

But I didn’t know they were that small , might only take a few mins each since my diamonds stones are just as wide as the blade

Yea 1 3/4 is the largest one I have. I think. This one cheapo is larger but cuts very well.. I will say I'm very impressed with the drake knives for sure.
bd1c9f15a1ea74ab402876c9021a8f10.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about finding a machine screw with a small enough head and that would fit through the bore on the BB 510 key. Stick it through from the top and secure it to the screw with a small matching nut. Put it in a drill and grind it with something. A drill press would make it certainly flat.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about finding a machine screw with a small enough head and that would fit through the bore on the BB 510 key. Stick it through from the top and secure it to the screw with a small matching nut. Put it in a drill and grind it with something. A drill press would make it certainly flat.
Reverse dremeling. Works every time

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 162791
View attachment 162792
Yeah,that was me haha.I was nervous as hell doing my first one because i was afraid i would screw it up and not be able to use it.Only reason i even tried was because i got a Jmk tip,so i knew i had a spare.Once i seen how easy it was and how big of a difference it made,i did them all.

VU Sponsors