Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the heads up! I've been needing one to test fit plugs but don't think I'll ever use it... Hard to pay the +$60 in that case. Hopefully it's 1:1 as the sxk standard boros are
I hope so too.

It said 'order ships in 3-7 days' and I upgraded the shipping to the $1.66 '7-14 days' option, so it may not be until end of June it gets here.

As of the time of this posting, I have not received a tracking number yet, and since this is my first order from 3fvape, not sure if they are slower or faster than Fasttech, so I'm just gonna roll with it and wait...for...a...long...time...maybe

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope so too.

It said 'order ships in 3-7 days' and I upgraded the shipping to the $1.66 '7-14 days' option, so it may not be until end of June it gets here.

As of the time of this posting, I have not received a tracking number yet, and since this is my first order from 3fvape, not sure if they are slower or faster than Fasttech, so I'm just gonna roll with it and wait...for...a...long...time...maybe
I placed orders with 3F and FT same day, about an hour apart. The 3F order arrived in 9 days, I'm still waiting for the FT one.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not very. I haven't seen them since. But then again, I haven't been looking either. Wouldn't have minded paying $50+ less.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No kidding! I haven't used mine yet, both vape shops on my way home only had the SOCC(F**ING) coils, figured I might as well wait for the Insider. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on their site then.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I placed orders with 3F and FT same day, about an hour apart. The 3F order arrived in 9 days, I'm still waiting for the FT one.
Good to know.

My last FT order, which had the pair of VapeShell units, ordered on 5/1/2018, shipped on 5/9/2018 via United States Express ePacket, and was delivered on 5/18/2018.

So 17 days from order to receipt in-hand.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i think my sxk vapeshell and insider shipped 2 days ago

will order BB by 1st class post this weekend, they should get here about the same time

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My recent order with FT would of made it in record time...shipped the 16th, arrived in Los Angeles the 20th...cleared LA on the 20th...and now its riding the back of a snail, who is riding the back of a turtle.

Was supposed to be delivered yesterday (Total transit 7 days, but NOOO!) ...then today...wont make it tomorrow, for it will end up at the San Diego distribution center, which might make it to my local post Saturday... to be delivered on Monday the 28th.

Still 12 days is below average for FT for me ;) (18 days)

EDIT: Look at it lol

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=LY161772902CN

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Mother fukc thats right lol
I wish we had something like a Star Trek replicator that was a vending machine, and you select the items, either in-person from a touch-screen catalog, or in advance on the web site, and then go to the machine and swipe your card or do the wireless thing to pay and in about 5 mins, your item is revealed as the door opens up in the front...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish we had something like a Star Trek replicator that was a vending machine, and you select the items, either in-person from a touch-screen catalog, or in advance on the web site, and then go to the machine and swipe your card or do the wireless thing to pay and in about 5 mins, your item is revealed as the door opens up in the front...
I'd have one o'dem machines in my garage for sure! Well actually two machines, wife will need one too!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered two SXK black boros and A Tank kits from FT.

Odd thing is that I tried to order some Nautilus 2 coils which made PayPal unavailable as a payment method. They wouldn't run my credit card either, which only left Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. I've never run into that before and I've purchased other premade coils before and not had a problem.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Odd thing is that I tried to order some Nautilus 2 coils which made PayPal unavailable as a payment method. They wouldn't run my credit card either, which only left Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. I've never run into that before and I've purchased other premade coils before and not had a problem.

It has to do with the Aspire coils, some crappy policy. You can always order something else of equal value to the coils, pay for it, wait 5 minutes and cancel the order, ask for gift certificate. Use the gift certificate to pay for the coils.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

$11 for 2 tanks is a great deal...and the $0.42 upgraded shipping ;)

EDit: $12.66

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has to do with the Aspire coils, some crappy policy. You can always order something else of equal value to the coils, pay for it, wait 5 minutes and cancel the order, ask for gift certificate. Use the gift certificate to pay for the coils.
Since I bought the A-tanks I was thinking of picking up some cCell coils but I wasn't sure which ones were compatible. I have plenty of time to figure that out before I won't be able to rebuild so I'm not worried about it.
The PayPal thing didn't bother me, but not being able to use my credit card kind of irritated me. Oh well.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I bought the A-tanks I was thinking of picking up some cCell coils but I wasn't sure which ones were compatible. I have plenty of time to figure that out before I won't be able to rebuild so I'm not worried about it.
The PayPal thing didn't bother me, but not being able to use my credit card kind of irritated me. Oh well.

George did a compatibility of the Atlantis coils here on VU.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh man super helpful. Thanks!

Since my A-Tank has arrived, I've exclusively been using the cCell coils... first was the .6 stainless one, which vaped great 'til it failed...truly disgusting...wasn't a flavor shit type fail, but the ceramic failed...

Switched it to the .9 Kanthal one, and its been rock steady now for a few days and probably 40ml through it. Took a little longer to break in than the .6 one...but its a nice vape.

.6 ss coil took maybe 2ml to come alive... .9 was a full tank til it started to shine.

And about tripple C's... I pm'd him about making a integrated dt...asked if he had pics of some that wouldn't show the silver...zero replies.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since my A-Tank has arrived, I've exclusively been using the cCell coils... first was the .6 stainless one, which vaped great 'til it failed...truly disgusting...wasn't a flavor shit type fail, but the ceramic failed...

Switched it to the .9 Kanthal one, and its been rock steady now for a few days and probably 40ml through it. Took a little longer to break in than the .6 one...but its a nice vape.

.6 ss coil took maybe 2ml to come alive... .9 was a full tank til it started to shine.

And about tripple C's... I pm'd him about making a integrated dt...asked if he had pics of some that wouldn't show the silver...zero replies.
I really want some ceramic coils for MTL, but I looks like the airflow on those coils is very wide. I'll have to do some more research.

I'm surprised his didn't respond. He's got a pretty good rep for communicating.

If I don't hear anything from Freddy at US Modz about a Damascus type set, I'll probably see if Chris can do a juma snow set.

84f08190f7ced1d1780f48a3ade5b58c.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really want some ceramic coils for MTL, but I looks like the airflow on those coils is very wide. I'll have to do some more research.

I'm surprised his didn't respond. He's got a pretty good rep for communicating.

If I don't hear anything from Freddy at US Modz about a Damascus type set, I'll probably see if Chris can do a juma snow set.

84f08190f7ced1d1780f48a3ade5b58c.jpg
I pm'd him again just now with the style I would like.

Integrated Black no stainless showing, slight taper to cover hole of the BB to 14mm tall by 14mm diameter...no stainless showing at top of tip.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oi, guys, don't let me out f this drip tip trip! What are y'all talking about? Plain ol' black Merlin like dt, will be great.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oi, guys, don't let me out f this drip tip trip! What are y'all talking about? Plain ol' black Merlin like dt, will be great.
Hybrid drip tips from Tripple C's on FB. They completely replace that dumb protruding stock nut the BB comes with. Much more convenient.
Most of the ones he makes have a stainless base showing and So619Cal wanted one where the stainless isn't showing.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now I am using my Dot Mod friction fit... which I appreciate the height and diameter...and it acts like an integrated since it is locked in pretty tight...just hate that I still see the Stainless from it.

The doodle I made mimics the dot mod size and with that lip on the bottom...and integrated should solve my issue.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I wasn't too keen on that nut job on top of the BB either. I have a couple of dt on order from FT, but by the time they get here.....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wait for meeee!! Please call him up or whatever you FB people say and do, get a second one and I'll PP you the funds.

I'm not even sure how it will look finished yet...although I am sure it will look nice. I can PM him and add a second of the design I drew up...then mail to you when they arrive.

$31.5 (26.5(Tip) +3.5 (shipping) +(1.5 Bubble mailer ))

EDIT: He does buttons also, just not sure how much

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not even sure how it will look finished yet...although I am sure it will look nice. I can PM him and add a second of the design I drew up...then mail to you when they arrive.

I'm in, but for God's sake, no more MoP

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My price with integrated tip + button (both white delrin) was $51.50 shipped... That's a pricey button

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My price with integrated tip + button (both white delrin) was $51.50 shipped... That's a pricey button

Indeed... 26.50 was the cost of the integrated DT in Black Delrin... shall see when he is done if its to my liking or not...otherwise I will politely ask to make it look as such.

But yeah...seems he charged you $25 for a button ;)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that's " A bit of a rabbit hole", then King Kong was a chimp slightly larger than average.
Honestly if I didn't change up my vape gear so much I'd leave all the groups. Not that FB was "fun" to begin with but I feel like all I do is look at vape stuff on there.

VU Sponsors