Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fack USPS... just got a text update... its barely leaving LA lol...

guess it takes 5 days to travel to the same fucking place to leave

upload_2018-5-25_19-29-28.png

said that same thing on the 20th...next Thursday I'll see it...bastards

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Fack USPS... just got a text update... its barely leaving LA lol...

guess it takes 5 days to travel to the same fucking place to leave

View attachment 112104

said that same thing on the 20th...next Thursday I'll see it...bastards
If I were to don the tinfoil hat, I may suggest that USPS has a conspiracy afoot to delay anything with it's origin from China.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question for the BB aficionados, do the kanger SOCC coils work in the OCC bridge? What other coils work in it?

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Question for the BB aficionados, do the kanger SOCC coils work in the OCC bridge? What other coils work in it?
I never tried the OCC coils, as they were 'before my time'.

I had some leftover SSOCC (round) coils from my TopTank Mini, and they worked fine with the Kanger bridge.

Not sure why you'd want the older (squared) OCC coil heads unless you were given them free or something. I had read that the SSOCC coils performed better, and since the SSOCC are smaller - they will occupy less space in the boro tank, allowing for a little more juice inside.

Maybe I am ignorant of any advantage of the older (squared) OCC coils and am open to learn more.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just got tracking info and shipping confirmation from 3Fv that my A-Tank is on it's way.

3 days time betw order and tracking, faster than FT on any of my previous FT orders so far...:)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never tried the OCC coils, as they were 'before my time'.

I had some leftover SSOCC (round) coils from my TopTank Mini, and they worked fine with the Kanger bridge.

Not sure why you'd want the older (squared) OCC coil heads unless you were given them free or something. I had read that the SSOCC coils performed better, and since the SSOCC are smaller - they will occupy less space in the boro tank, allowing for a little more juice inside.

Maybe I am ignorant of any advantage of the older (squared) OCC coils and am open to learn more.
Thank you for the reply, I have no burning desire to use the older coils, but since the bridge is called OCC, I was under the mistaken impression that I have to use those coils. I haven't bought coils in a very long time so I'm not quite up to date with the new coils. Off I go, I will get the newer SOCC coils and see how it goes.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for the reply, I have no burning desire to use the older coils, but since the bridge is called OCC, I was under the mistaken impression that I have to use those coils. I haven't bought coils in a very long time so I'm not quite up to date with the new coils. Off I go, I will get the newer SOCC coils and see how it goes.
Yeah, I've been toying with the idea of picking up a 5-pack of the 1.2 Ohm SSOCC coils.

MyFreedomSmokes.com had a 15% off sale on coils a week or so ago (not sure if it's still going - and also a coupon code MFS15 or NEWMFS15 dont recall which), and the Kanger SSOCC were all down to like $11 from the normal $15 for a 5-pack on all the variations of these, but I was/am still hesitating...

FT has coils at that price or cheaper but they are not Kanger OEM, but rather 'replacement' and some other brand, so not sure I would trust it.

Over this weekend I may just pop in to one of the local B&Ms (Good Guy Vapes) and pay the tax for having it in hand immediately.

Also thinking that if traveling and not wanting to worry about bringing any rebuilding stuff, to just go with the SSOCC and 'suffer' that I am using stock coils.

When all I had was a TopTank Mini, I never had any issues with the SSOCC 0.5 Ohm coils, and they lasted me about 7 days before tasting off, and at the time I was vaping exclusively Boomer by Nuclear Vapes (also a local shop to me until they closed the retail location, but the web site store is still going), and this seemed pretty heavy with sweetener...

However, nowadays vaping my own DIY, which is just 100% VG and nic, I would expect the SSOCC coil heads to have a bit more life than the 7 days, especially if keeping it @ 20w or less.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Insider coming either Saturday or Tuesday, depending on the Vaping Gods (and usps) but I'd like to have the ability to change coils without having to go around with a rebuilding kit. I prefer the Triton mini clapton coils - from my Kabuki days- so I'll be picking up that bridge as well. I also ordered a MF bridge and a couple of packs of EUC coils. I like the options and at the same time I'll be able to contribute to the pool of knowledge here.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So here it is guys and gals is it really worth 300 ? Comes with authentic exocet leather case mop button and custom tip and 1 tank how much are these new?
2102fe271184f1386b0493e8b1f3e2cb.jpg
1aa2f6b71f80374d322a51f5854d9b2d.jpg
64c4fc19ebe6cccf8e1b503701a7f2e0.jpg
be39c4c4eed8ed8453849730321b3ccc.jpg
8e744668a9cfebb7f1a59e123ded28a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So here it is guys and gals is it really worth 300 ? Comes with authentic exocet leather case mop button and custom tip and 1 tank how much are these new?
2102fe271184f1386b0493e8b1f3e2cb.jpg
1aa2f6b71f80374d322a51f5854d9b2d.jpg
64c4fc19ebe6cccf8e1b503701a7f2e0.jpg
be39c4c4eed8ed8453849730321b3ccc.jpg
8e744668a9cfebb7f1a59e123ded28a6.jpg

Normal BBs 264+shipping

Mother of pearl button BBs 20-30 more.

Authentic Exocet is about $100, but hard to come by so add who knows how much more...but they are identical to the clones at $14

Leather case can range from $20-150 depending on where and who made it.

In an hour or so on BBs website they will be listing brand new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Normal BBs 264+shipping

Mother of pearl button BBs 20-30 more.

Authentic Exocet is about $100, but hard to come by so add who knows how much more...but they are identical to the clones at $14

Leather case can range from $20-150 depending on where and who made it.

In an hour or so on BBs website they will be listing brand new ones.

Well u gave me prices do u think its worth the 300 bones lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea its real can u send a pic of yours with the panels off each side

This was the for sale picture thread, that I posted here before I bought it.

The kind folks here verified its authenticity.

https://imgur.com/a/tizRnxq

Kken mentioned the cnc tooling marks up top ( swirls )

The sticker...the DNA chip loading up Doug Dino/Billetbox logos

Mine was also $300 with an authentic Insider ( reason I bought it )

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well the swirls say 100% auth
5334d1deb641aa5e07738765011094f4.jpg
05aefce7a1b6f3c3a24cef9fa7727afd.jpg

Looks legit to me... even like how Kken pointed out to me about the sticker... its milled out for the sticker size which the clones aren't.

My blind ass can't tell if he accessed the chip and cut the sticker. but looks like there is a ding in the bottom left corner.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well the swirls say 100% auth
5334d1deb641aa5e07738765011094f4.jpg
05aefce7a1b6f3c3a24cef9fa7727afd.jpg

Here are pics of mine...you can compared the tooling

f13c907bbcd05656a86612e3bd104c7a.jpg

2fb50a287596f136344ed4eb3ca4564a.jpg

74a5b47aa1d584633c4ad12da8fe2b45.jpg

Even though mine is a 2017 and yours an 18...cnc marks looks almost identical (as they should )

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, don't all the 2018s have the engraving like mine? Unless he swapped panels with a newer one.

And SXK never made an orange clone.

YFTK has one out but I don't think it's the same shade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if you know and trust the seller, buy it

if it is a random you don't know, buy from the factory

IMO

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, don't all the 2018s have the engraving like mine? Unless he swapped panels with a newer one.

Whats urs look like

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

This from their Site...upload_2018-5-26_10-41-34.png

So 8 weeks of 2018 panel engraving?

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That "custom" tip doesn't seem to fit flush which doesn't make it very custom IMO :p

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:vapemail:I got the Insider:confetti: Put a 3 mm ID 7/8 wraps SS 430 in it. At 19 watts it is nice with a restricted DL. Now to see how the VapeShell will work out....as soon as I get it from FT (in a few weeks :gaah::cuss2:)

Nice...I just rewicked mine about 3 mins ago... stuck a 3.5mm 26g 6 wrap KA1 .96 at 19w with the wider chimney and its vaping nicely also

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice...I just rewicked mine about 3 mins ago... stuck a 3.5mm 26g 6 wrap KA1 .96 at 19w with the wider chimney and its vaping nicely also
I'm still in the discovery phase here. I'm considering a fused clapton like 28x2/38 in Nichrome 80 3.0mm or 3.5 mm ID. Well, either that or just a plain ol' 26g Nichrome80 3.5mm ID....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still in the discovery phase here. I'm considering a fused clapton like 28x2/38 in Nichrome 80 3.0mm or 3.5 mm ID. Well, either that or just a plain ol' 26g Nichrome80 3.5mm ID....

I just pulled a 28/40 N80 3mm it ended up being .47 I think... was good...but I got a dry hit at 20w...haven't had luck with the Insider and Fused Claps... Plain Janes or reg Claptons have worked without dry hits. ymmv

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
During my first go round with the Exocet and Insider (clones) I went with single and dual core claptons initially and I found that it really didn't add much to the vape quality. I think it's bc you're dealing such a small chamber that it doesnt make much difference.
Feel free to experiment though! Just thought I'd share my experience.
Glad you got your BB up and running Brew! Hope you're enjoying it.

VU Sponsors