ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Make sure you get the normal 510 not screw in type
a08610b98a083337664fb90256cb088c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a problem with the exocet getting super hot after about 3 seconds. I've got it at 17 watts and still after 3 seconds it's so hot it burns my lip. That cannot be normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have a problem with the exocet getting super hot after about 3 seconds. I've got it at 17 watts and still after 3 seconds it's so hot it burns my lip. That cannot be normal.

Take off the cover see what the screen is saying. Maybe you got a hot spot. Are you running spaced coils or Contact?

Droopydroors

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

When setting up one of the guys at work we ran into the same issue. It was working fine with the cap off and also with the cap on. But when we put it in the Boro it started acting up again. It ended up being that the chimney was actually touching the top of the coil when we put it on. All we had to do was lower the coil. My advice when building the Exocet is build the coil, work out spots, put on cap and look for hot spots, then put on chimney and look through and see if everything is fine then install into Boro.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take off the cover see what the screen is saying. Maybe you got a hot spot. Are you running spaced coils or Contact?

It's spaced. Probably a hot spot. It could we'll be touching the chimney too so I'll check both.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's spaced. Probably a hot spot. It could we'll be touching the chimney too so I'll check both.

I had that same chimney issue. I actually flipped my coil so it's upside down with the leads on top. My resistance is more stable and heat is no longer an issue. Oh and it makes the flavor pop more too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ill tell you what though, I had to get back to work so I pulled out the Exocet and stuck a premade Kanger 0.5 in there and the flavor feels muted now. Such good flavor on that Exocet. Even with a hot spot on the coil.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had that same chimney issue. I actually flipped my coil so it's upside down with the leads on top. My resistance is more stable and heat is no longer an issue. Oh and it makes the flavor pop more too!!

That's a really good idea. I'm gonna try that.

Shea

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got some G10 panels green into black fittment is just as bad as the originals from the clone The 60W Better come out soon and have good fittment!

Shea

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And does anybody have the specs for the Boro tanks O-rings? I need to order in bulk I can't get this insider to sit right in the lower o-ring and keep tearing it up

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got some G10 panels green into black fittment is just as bad as the originals from the clone The 60W Better come out soon and have good fittment!
My mums panels fit tight just the screen side has a super tiny wiggle but I have to try for some movement.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really enjoying the vape with the Kanger square .5 ohm coil. Not as much air flow as I am normally after but definitely flavorful.
0154b7fcdb205411b49806fae1e19b9b.jpg
0d12c89ad8b01d5d65d3052a0b24c637.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what's in mine too.
91b61399f712f2572fcedc874809617d.jpg

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got DT and button. I don't own a tiny hex driver. I'm going yo have to buy one but it still looks awesome!
1e72c2c099faf8273996a10150891808.jpg

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Screw that ribbon that was included. It shredded after using it 3 times.
This duct tape tab is working very well so far.
Do not surround the battery with the duct tape, it won't fit in the battery bay. Just install on top as pictures and it allows you to pull the battery straight out without damaging the wrap. After putting the battery back in, fold the tab over toward the outside and rotate the battery toward the outside to sort of trap the tab. The cover will clear the duct tape tab no problem. Happy vaping!
72ec2a7f9f9d28d747af998ed05c0930.jpg
1b785d6f226d6bf1ec01711545b212c8.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got DT and button. I don't own a tiny hex driver. I'm going yo have to buy one but it still looks awesome!
1e72c2c099faf8273996a10150891808.jpg

I used a rda hex key I wanna say it was the one that came with my velocity.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Droopydroors

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are dropping next week. Only 2 colors. Around $15-$20 a set.

Attachments

• IMG-20170517-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170517-WA0002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20170517-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20170517-WA0003.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 39

Droopydroors

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The problem with something like this is after shipping and PayPal fees they will end up around $25 a set and then up on 3fvape or fasttech for $17 with free shipping after a week.

Droopydroors

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is a group buy getting set up on Planet of the Vapes although you would have to pay the extra charge of shipping from UK to USA.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem with something like this is after shipping and PayPal fees they will end up around $25 a set and then up on 3fvape or fasttech for $17 with free shipping after a week.

And then endure the loooooooong wait.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, @dre gets them way way faster. Plus I don't have to deal with anything. It's worth it to me. Both for me too.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used a rda hex key I wanna say it was the one that came with my velocity.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I own one RDA and the hex that cane with it is long gone. No worries pretty sure I have one in my tool box.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was asked for input on the next color dna60. I'm thinking a poo 60. What does everyone else want?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was asked for input on the next color dna60. I'm thinking a poo 60. What does everyone else want?

Yeah that purple would look great with either of those new SXK resin panels I have on the way!

Droopydroors

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was about a half mm to big at the ring that goes into the plate. Just used a file to take it in a bit.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does your button fit? Mine unfortunately does not. Going to need some modification.
I don't know cause I don't have hex driver and then had to suddenly come to El Paso so I'll find out when I get home.

Re: color of new DNA60

Fawkes!!! Red or Orange!!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know cause I don't have hex driver and then had to suddenly come to El Paso so I'll find out when I get home.

Re: color of new DNA60

Fawkes!!! Red or Orange!!

Yay I'm from El Paso. Actually moving back in a year or so.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm here working. Lovely city though.

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I lived in El Paso for years! It's a great little city...way safer than most people would anticipate considering it's right across the border from Juarez. I sure do miss the food there...I could use a chile relleno torta! There was a little hole in the wall joint in the Northwest that made them and they were to die for!

VU Sponsors