Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sorta' sucks for you guys, but the savings should make it a bit better to endure. I will tell you, if you want a really tight MTL draw, it is well worth the wait. None of the other bridge/coil combinations get it that well.
It was basically BOGO, so the wait is fine by me. I'm used to waiting on Fasttech!

I'm excited for it bc of the versatility of it. If I decide I want a restricted lung hit or MTL I'm covered for both with one bridge.

Sent from my pants.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The 4x MyBlu's came in today's mail. Form factor is very nice in the hand and feels well-made.

Like the rest of you, I found that Gold Leaf juice in the pod sickeningly harsh. I took one hit and was surprised by how hot the vapor was coming out if this little thing, and the throat hit combined with the awful flavor while attempting to DTL this thing, almost made me throw up.

I tried a second hit as MTL, and the flavor on my tongue was so bad that I just blew it out without drawing it into my lungs.

I opened the pod, dumped the juice, rinsed it and the coil part in the sink under warm water, and refilled it with my 95VG 1.8mg freebase. It 'works' with the heavy VG juice, but I will likely have to mix a batch closer to 9mg and more like a true 60/40 viscosity for this to be an enjoyable experience. The draw is still tight, but no impossible for me. Picking up the BB with the Exocet and no afc control nor TroyPlug, thus full open, is like night and day on the draw.

I dont know how smokers are expected to enjoy this one, and other devices like this. Maybe the mint and mango flavors are more tolerable, but this Gold Leaf flavor tastes like a combination of battery acid and rotten, moldy whiskey. I am not sure I could gives these to smokers with a clear conscience. I think smoking a Marloro Red unfiltered would be less harsh than the throat abuse this flavor delivers...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was basically BOGO, so the wait is fine by me. I'm used to waiting on Fasttech!

I'm excited for it bc of the versatility of it. If I decide I want a restricted lung hit or MTL I'm covered for both with one bridge.

Sent from my pants.
Aren't we all used on waiting for FT.....My intent was to have the BB for MTL and this bridge delivers. You'll get two white delrin coil holders?, one has a single 1 mm hole (could be 0.8 mm) and that is the most restricted draw, the rest I haven't tried.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think smoking a Marloro Red unfiltered would be less harsh than the throat abuse this flavor delivers...
It actually is on par! if I remember correctly. Well, either that or a Camel (we had harsher stuff in Europe) that spent a few months drying in the sun.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It actually is on par! if I remember correctly. Well, either that or a Camel (we had harsher stuff in Europe) that spent a few months drying in the sun.
Look up Lucky strike. Eww. Filterless and so rough. Man stealing them from my dad was my biggest mistake

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just remembered, there is a fund raiser on the Aussie site I hang out at. I'll post a link to it if they allow it. I donated a few things, many members there did as well, there will be a "drawing for prizes" of sorts.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aren't we all used on waiting for FT.....My intent was to have the BB for MTL and this bridge delivers. You'll get two white delrin coil holders?, one has a single 1 mm hole (could be 0.8 mm) and that is the most restricted draw, the rest I haven't tried.
Yeeeeeesssss

Sent from my pants.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW guys, it seems they are limiting the MyBlu to one per person/household now. I just checked Sam's club, they sell them for $26.95 a kit!

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Look up Lucky strike. Eww. Filterless and so rough. Man stealing them from my dad was my biggest mistake

When I was 19-20 (and always looked older, and never got carded) I remember being able to buy a pack of those at the corner store for $1.75/pack. I was into the whole James Dean thing and thought I was cool having a pack of those rolled up in the sleeve of my t-shirt.

Likely I was only cool in my own mind, and none of my friends cared about James Dean, but back then I was too happy to rent some of his movies, and kick back in my room with a pack of Lucky Strikes and a bottle of Jack Daniels...

They were the cheapest smokes for sale. IIRC Marlboro's where like $2.50/pack back then...

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
BTW guys, it seems they are limiting the MyBlu to one per person/household now. I just checked Sam's club, they sell them for $26.95 a kit!
Thank goodness for vaping forums and YT channels, if I was a newbie vaper and paid $27 for one of these, I'd be pissed off, really pissed off LOL.

I charged the unit when it first came and the battery lasted as long as it took me to vape one pod of my own juice, basically dry. Maybe not even 80-100 puffs.

I swapped out the previously charged battery from a second device and refilled the pod, and then charged that first battery, which is showing charged after only like 10-15 mins. Maybe if you carried around a small USB powerbank (I have a few that have a single 18650 inside that I got from 5-Below for $4.99 each), you could use it like one of the PCC add-ons for some of the other pod systems and keep this thing going all day long at work.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank goodness for vaping forums and YT channels, if I was a newbie vaper and paid $27 for one of these, I'd be pissed off, really pissed of LOL.

I charged the unit when it first came and the battery lasted as long as it took me to vape one pod of my own juice, basically dry. Maybe not even 80-100 puffs.

I swapped out the previously charged battery from a second device and refilled the pod, and then charged that first battery, which is showing charged after only like 10-15 mins. Maybe if you carried around a small USB powerbank (I have a few that have a single 18650 inside that I got from 5-Below for $4.99 each), you could use it like one of the PCC add-ons for some of the other pod systems and keep this thing going all day long at work.
That's why I liked the Mi-One. Small, the battery would last me all day, and my juice would last me a day and a half. Plus, Joyetech AIO coils are cheeeeeeeap.

Sent from my pants.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, that was sad.

Disappointing.

I was able to refill the MyBlu pod maybe 6 times before all was lost.

The first 3 refills was with some of my DIY which I diluted from 90VG down to ~60VG and that went ok. Then on the next refill, I used some left over Boomer from Nuclear Vapes that is 70/30 and that was fine. So the next refill I used some of my DIY that I had diluted down to 80/20 and the first pod-full was fine, but the second refill with the 80/20 I immediately was getting burnt hits on the first draw.

I opened the pod with the intent of re-wicking it since the cotton was dark near the coil. I guess I gorilla-fingered it since when I tried to pull out the wick, the whole coil came up with it and one of the brass-colored tabs in the base of the pod simply broke off. Now, even if I rewicked it, there will be no electrical connection to the battery part...

So, my advice to the rest of you is to only refill with juice that is 70/30 or less and to be super careful about pulling the cotton out if you want to re-wick the pod.

It's a shame, because I really liked the feel of the mouthpiece, which I may salvage from a pod that will likely never fire again, and try to adapt the black cap part to fit a 510 drip tip to use with the BB. I have other MyBlu units to play with, but for now, I'm going to set this aside for a while...

It was fun while it lasted, and I was able to manage a VERY restricted DTL draw....but I am now back on the BB train, and happy for that. :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3F and FT have the SXK 70W versions with USB in purple and silver to the tune of about $75, FYI.
I never had any issues with the 70 watt ones I owned, but I never tried to use TC on them. The power curve feature it has is actually pretty useful though, IMO.

Sent from my pants.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3F and FT have the SXK 70W versions with USB in purple and silver to the tune of about $75, FYI.
I never had any issues with the 70 watt ones I owned, but I never tried to use TC on them. The power curve feature it has is actually pretty useful though, IMO.

Sent from my pants.
What's the power curve feature? I want an RPG but...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea how does that work? Got two dobers that could use tinkering. Well not really but why not at least learn what's up with it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my pants.
Why not get the DNA one for a few dollars more? Just asking....
@troydestroy I have the RPG-esque SXKUSBBB, really like it. It is a shade or two more poiple than the authentic (got that one too) Other than that and the slight button rattle, it is fine. I don't need to tell you about the panels.....

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea how does that work? Got two dobers that could use tinkering. Well not really but why not at least learn what's up with it.

You basically can set the power for every 0.5 seconds of your hit. I forget what the setting is called on the menu. It's pretty cool.

Sent from my pants.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@troydestroy I have the RPG-esque SXKUSBBB, really like it. It is a shade or two more poiple than the authentic (got that one too) Other than that and the slight button rattle, it is fine. I don't need to tell you about the panels.....
Just a less expensive option is all. I think the DNA is worth the extra 25 but others may not.

Sent from my pants.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that's sealed the deal (or unsealed)

Was hoping it was 1:1...
Guess I'm in the lookout for an authentic RPG then

Thanks for the heads up!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Found a guy on Facebook that is cerakoting BBs... Would be cool to get one in white

Joined his group also...not amazed yet...the pictures thus far looks like he hasn't learned to apply wet and fine.

I am sure he will get there.

As for an RPG I could be swayed with a palm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my MF bridges:bunny::confetti: Vaping my three main flavors in MTL mode, it sure makes a difference. Using the EUC ceramic coils (1.3 ohms) the only difference between BB MTL and Luna/Pico/ Therion with Supersonic/Odis 16 is the amount of juice I go thru (besides the clouds that are a bit smaller but still there). If any of you guys that bought MF bridges kit are unhappy with it, I will gladly trade you an authentic Insider v1 for it.
Where are u finding the euc coils at 1.3 ohm the ones iv found only go up to .6 ohm . (Somewhere besides ft or 3f) also what other coils will the mf use i just ordered 2 not sure why 2 but ......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where are u finding the euc coils at 1.3 ohm the ones iv found only go up to .6 ohm . (Somewhere besides ft or 3f) also what other coils will the mf use i just ordered 2 not sure why 2 but ......

Look for Vaporesso Drizzle coils, the 1.3 ohm are ceramic, the 1.4 ohms are kanthal clapton. I like the ceramic ones better. Vapor DNA has them.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Torched my JMK SS Busto- tip and I think it turned out pretty cool. I like the different colors that came out of it. Might be a viable option for the 510 nut too.

I tried to do the button but it didn't come out how I wanted but I can sand it down with some lapping film I have and try again. I'll post pics if it comes out nicely.
4a503433f4a3e7a297e56b5cdca3bdd2.jpg
a182b9793f35e39b89f16ca6e8829201.jpg
717bbf18ab1fca43dae54d317bd5d1eb.jpg
f2b6da9aaa27dd3113cb6a18e4d3a0fe.jpg

Sent from my pants.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look for Vaporesso Drizzle coils, the 1.3 ohm are ceramic, the 1.4 ohms are kanthal clapton. I like the ceramic ones better. Vapor DNA has them.
Next ? What are all the diff coils for this bridge . Is it only for certain or all vaporesso coils ? Does this support ccell coils ?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next ? What are all the diff coils for this bridge . Is it only for certain or all vaporesso coils ? Does this support ccell coils ?

In the YT video Matteo (the maker) is using the 0.5 ohm coils for DL. Any coil with that profile will work but pay attention, these universal coils are a universal PITA, there are several configurations for the bigillion different tanks Vaporesso put out in the last year or so. This is the video he posted on FB and YT. At some point he has a close-up of the coil boxes.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something struck me funny while watching reviews for MTL pod/AIO types, especially the newly released or soon to be released. All these "experts" are vaping them using a DL draw (OK, all except Busardo, and he kinda' likes it).....Oh, wow! what a great MTL device...SHUT UP YOU IDIOTS!

billythetroll

Member For 3 Years
Ok so I'm sure someone has covered this but here it goes.I love the way this mod looks,been looking at them for years.the old school bb with the smaller battery's looks cooler.anyways my questions is,is there a way to open up the air flow to a draw loser then a skyline rta?I understand you'll never .10 sub ohm with this device but is there a way to do .30 or .40?sorry for the dumb ass question guys alot of information on this thing has came out in the last 2-3 months and I haven't been able to keep up.thank you

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so I'm sure someone has covered this but here it goes.I love the way this mod looks,been looking at them for years.the old school bb with the smaller battery's looks cooler.anyways my questions is,is there a way to open up the air flow to a draw loser then a skyline rta?I understand you'll never .10 sub ohm with this device but is there a way to do .30 or .40?sorry for the dumb ass question guys alot of information on this thing has came out in the last 2-3 months and I haven't been able to keep up.thank you
I've got a .37 in a Kanger rba and .47 in the a-tank with Atlantis coil

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've had builds with 24g SS316L as low as 0.25 Ohm and with 24g KA1 as low as 0.35 Ohm in the Exocet and Kanger-style RBA.

So yes you CAN build this low, and yes it gives maybe a 'little' more clouds, but I find using wires thicker than 26g requires power ~27-30w+ and in my case the entire mod, battery and tank gets uncomfortably warm.

After literally trying over 100 different builds in the Kanger RBA, the Exocet, Insider, VapeShell and Bastard Coil, IMHO, the sweet spot of the BB is between 0.6 and 1.5 Ohm.

5/4 wraps of 27g Kanthal on 2.5 or 3.0mm ID coil, will give you ~0.75 Ohm and plenty of clouds and massive flavor punch @ only 19w.

If you want to build low, SS wire is your friend, and if you want to build higher, Ka1 is your friend. Most of the RBAs for the BB will limit you to about 7-9 wraps depending upon wire gauge.

Also you need to keep in mind that most of these atomizer heads have ~12mm chamber size, which performs completely differently and WAY more efficiently than an RDA with 22 or 24mm dia, and even more efficiently than something like the Wasp Nano.

Efficiently in that it takes very low power to make lots of clouds and lots of flavor.

Also, I am not using any air restriction at all (like a TroyPlug) right now, and I find most of these airflow options are similar to that of the Kanger TopTank Mini, which is still my go-to tank.

As far as using stock coils, or pre-made coils, that is a different story...

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

To me its a regulated device and I treat it as such. Self contained RTA.

Caveat being, it shines as a MTL device and most atomizers for it are built with that in mind, to a degree ( MTL is different to me than to someone else) and that I don't MTL, so there is that.

I built coils ranging from .29Ω- 1.4Ω , simple KA1 to N80 Micro Aliens...and I am between 12w-28w. Used pre built coils from .3Ω-.9Ω in the different Boros(Tanks) and with different Bridges...and I adjust the wattage to the vape I like.

As for regards to the Skyline RTA, never owned one of those from ESG, would be cool to though...but as I said, not much a MTL guy, more of a restricted DL person...like a NarDa half closed, so I try to mimic that, although I have been using the Comfort Bridge exclusively for nearly 2 weeks now, and only on the second .7Ω(.84) coil sipping away at 13w and I'm good with it. The draw on these coils is on the tighter side for me, but not uncomfortable, I can DL hit it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just like the others said, I'll echo their replies. The BB was built as a MTL device that could go as far as a DL (more or less restricted, depends on your definition). The limiting factors are the air ports and the fact that it is an enclosed system. This is not a clouds chucker but it can produce a decent amount, depending on your built. Like it was said before, you built too low and it starts to get hot. The other thing to remember is that you're running a single 18650 and building low will eat it up faster than you'd like.

billythetroll

Member For 3 Years
I've been vaping for about........3 years. My brother in law got me into vaping because he use to blow these huge clouds and I loved it.lately I've been getting into the other side of vaping.the side I never paid attention too,flavor and alot less air.just got tired of sucking in a huge plum of vaper with little or no flavor sooooooo I've been looking into things like kayfun,skyline other rta's and this.love the way it looks too.thanks guys for the information it helped alot.you guys are a lot friendlier then asking people in the fasttech community chat for help.lol

bowtieduece

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Attachments

• IMG_20180717_193628-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180717_193628-01.jpeg
    971.9 KB · Views: 20

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

VU Sponsors