Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I would imagine building a coil with straight kanthal will ultimately melt some bits and pieces if, as you pointed out, the legs get hot. The clip on the c601 actually comes in handy but then, that's me.
I am stuck on these pods because of the rebuilding ease and I haven't really looked at the others.
Thanks for the reply and info.

Ok. so I need to get some of that wire. Do you have a recommendation as to what to get or a link where I can buy it?

I may run out and grab one of these Justfog pod systems today from a local B&M. they are like $4-5 more than online USA vendors, but I have been researching these for so long now and am impatient and dont want to wait for shipping.

The shipping cost vs. B&M prices + local sales tax is almost a wash.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@BrewBear on the minifit is it rebuidable or does it come with preinstalled coils i kinda got lost and really have not read up on it or watched any vids

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
@BrewBear may have other sources, but I know that on the YT channels for each of NatureVape and KZOR, they each show how to take it apart and rebuild the coils. NatureVape has both the MiniFit and the C601 and KZOR has vids for the MiniFit.

IIRC, I had linked to them in previous posts here a few pages back (check my post history) or you can search them out on YT.

Seems pretty easy to me if you have the right wire (NR-R-NR), a flat-head screwdriver (to pry the bottom of the pod open), 2mm coiling rod, and some tweezers...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BrewBear may have other sources, but I know that on the YT channels for each of NatureVape and KZOR, they each show how to take it apart and rebuild the coils. NatureVape has both the MiniFit and the C601 and KZOR has vids for the MiniFit.

IIRC, I had linked to them in previous posts here a few pages back (check my post history) or you can search them out on YT.

Seems pretty easy to me if you have the right wire (NR-R-NR), a flat-head screwdriver (to pry the bottom of the pod open), 2mm coiling rod, and some tweezers...

Gonna tell you now, @BrewBear is probably the king of small intricate coiling...if you know his profession ;) He shared it here before...some of the pictures of his mastery...very impressive.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Arthur-VU, I bought the wires from FT. I have to look them up when I get home and I will post links this afternoon. Most use Nichrome for the resistance part, I ordered one with kanthal (I hope) recently but haven't received it yet.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A FT order is going to arrive faster than the MF Bridge...and the FT Order left a few days later.

Just got a text update on the FT one, and it says Monday delivery, after being cleared of LA Customs...

MF bridge moved to Queens which it will sit there for another 2 days minimum

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A FT order is going to arrive faster than the MF Bridge...and the FT Order left a few days later.

Just got a text update on the FT one, and it says Monday delivery, after being cleared of LA Customs...

MF bridge moved to Queens which it will sit there for another 2 days minimum

My MF bridge was sent Registered Mail. Canada Post in their ever so customer friendly ways, decided a couple years ago not to track incoming Registered Mail from foreign countries.

TLDR; NO fucking clue where my MF bridge is. :gaah::cuss2::tantrum::giggle:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is it in all its glory...

I didn't screw down the tank since it's not lubed up...don't want to ruin the O-Ring

But you can see the size difference

53da68c6d29a44154774d52823418bac.jpg

4 passes in the USC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is it in all its glory...

I didn't screw down the tank since it's not lubed up...don't want to ruin the O-Ring

But you can see the size difference

53da68c6d29a44154774d52823418bac.jpg

4 passes in the USC

Now where did you get that full kit? 3F?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HAHA.... Seriously though... $27 USC has been the best purchase I've made for vaping

I've only had mine for a couple weeks, but ya it really gets the grime off. Not to mention all the other items like jewelry and eye glasses and all sorts of stuff. I even steep vape sauce in it. Gives a much rounder flavor.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha you know how I have a problem with remembering to clean things before I use them!

I do the same shit. First vape it's like damn I forgot to clean. Nasty

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You all make me sick lol

Although I am guilty of doing just the same when I first started with RTAs...thinking back...that may be the exact reason I stopped using them lol

Well shit, stupid is as stupid does

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You all make me sick lol

Although I am guilty of doing just the same when I first started with RTAs...thinking back...that may be the exact reason I stopped using them lol

Well shit, stupid is as stupid does
Listen bud, some of us have little people that nmcant wipe their own asses by themselves so when we get a chance to do something by ourselves we get a little overly excited and skip steps accidentally...

Or I'm just dumb. Or maybe it's both. IDK...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Listen bud, some of us have little people that nmcant wipe their own asses by themselves so when we get a chance to do something by ourselves we get a little overly excited and skip steps accidentally...

Or I'm just dumb. Or maybe it's both. IDK...

No no, I was speaking for myself mostly... about 2 years ago, I was all RTA... just moved off Mechs, and I never cleaned them and always thought they tasted like shit lol...derp ;)

Fast forward... I clean everything!

But yeah, all these people always saying, "OMG this rta is great, blah blah" and I was like, "You all are fucking stupid, it tastes like shit"

Thinking back...I think I was the stupid one lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No no, I was speaking for myself mostly... about 2 years ago, I was all RTA... just moved off Mechs, and I never cleaned them and always thought they tasted like shit lol...derp ;)

Fast forward... I clean everything!

But yeah, all these people always saying, "OMG this rta is great, blah blah" and I was like, "You all are fucking stupid, it tastes like shit"

Thinking back...I think I was the stupid one lol
Oh oh oh, I get you. I swore off RTAs back before they really fine tuned them functionally. Or course we went directly from MTL ones to klowdz bro ones without much in between. Nice to see some stuff geared towards more middle of the road vapers like myself.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh oh oh, I get you. I swore off RTAs back before they really fine tuned them functionally. Or course we went directly from MTL ones to klowdz bro ones without much in between. Nice to see some stuff geared towards more middle of the road vapers like myself.

Yeah when I type fast, I tend to miss a few words here and there; Blame the Chink in me lol

Like when I said, "You all make me sick lol" should of read, "You all are making me sick lol" for I can still taste china oil when its brought up... and after all the talk about USC's and cleaning RTA/RSAs etc... I went back in time in the ole peanut...and admitted to not doing it at all and CLEARLY why I thought most if not all RTAs I had before tasted like shit...

Stupid is as stupid does ya know lol

But yeah, cough yeah... never did that, nor had a dry hit...all my DIY tastes like it was handed down from the heavens lol

And I have a bridge in SF for sale, its Red, but once its yours, you can change the color as you like

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nichrome, 1.8 ohms, the one I'm using now https://www.fasttech.com/p/1521201
Nichrome, 1.5 ohms, I bought cause I didn't know any better but I will try it cause I can https://www.fasttech.com/p/1573600
Authentic Kanthal Nichrome :wait: that's a head scratcher:crazy: , 1.7 ohms on a boat adrift finding its way from china https://www.fasttech.com/p/1760909
and finally, Kanthal, 1.6 ohms, on the same aforementioned boat https://www.fasttech.com/p/3832001

@Arthur-VU these are the wires I'm using (or will be) for the Minifit.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey folks... For those that aren't on Facebook I'm doing an intro price of $50 ($65 normal) for first 20 sets of Crystal panels. I'll give y'all $5 off that so @ $45 :D
PM me if interested.
7b7c176249ee0c6caae5beb834daecc8.jpg
a745799a11ca587bfc255e6621f0c2c2.jpg
If the inside of my boxes looked that nice I'd be all over it. No writing in mine ha ha

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whats the JFC like ? Reviews on Fasttech saying the YFTK is better because the JFC isn't as tight

Jfc was spot on with the drop kit, never tried the jfc on the regular section

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put the vape down, they're overcooking!

Just kidding man, looks like you're having a great night!

I was gonna say darker darker. They're not done yet. . But then again I don't cook anything more than Mac and cheese or grilled cheese. So I don't know if they're done or not. If Taco Bell closed I'd be famished.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was gonna say darker darker. They're not done yet. . But then again I don't cook anything more than Mac and cheese or grilled cheese. So I don't know if they're done or not. If Taco Bell closed I'd be famished.

Bro. BRO. BROOOOO.

Make no mistake, I enjoy all the things you mentioned including Taco Hell. We gotta get you some cooking lessons, boy-eeeee!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bro. BRO. BROOOOO.

Make no mistake, I enjoy all the things you mentioned including Taco Hell. We gotta get you some cooking lessons, boy-eeeee!

almost 3 years here in San Diego... I have yet to see a Taco Bell...

BUT we have some awesome authentic Mexican food...and probably the best tacos...fuck now I want tacos

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
almost 3 years here in San Diego... I have yet to see a Taco Bell...

BUT we have some awesome authentic Mexican food...and probably the best tacos...fuck now I want tacos
Why in hell would you get TBell in SoCal?!

Best Mexican food I've ever had has been in the LA areas... headed there in November baby!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bro. BRO. BROOOOO.

I do well enough to feed the boys. But they're 9 so not much passes the plate uneaten. But my wife says the same. She taught my youngest daughter to cook. My wife cooked for about 15 yes on and off. I can skin animals but don't like to touch meat or chicken. Go figure. Lol

VU Sponsors