Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No joke... can live a decent life raffling off 2 a month. Even if he pays a grand each out of pocket... 1k for 3.5k, I'd do that exchange any day of the week.
Plus all the other waffles and his website hes killen

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow that was some foul shit... Derek Pacheco on FB scammed a dude who sold him a BX9 and slandered his name across FB saying the BX9 was damaged... when in fact he targeted a dude who spoke very little english selling the same BX9 that he destroyed by using a box knife to open bubble wrap.

So Dude got a new BX9...refunded $300+ and ruined a dudes reputation.

So glad for the block feature on FB...and I have a ton of names (All of Vape Court )

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that was some foul shit... Derek Pacheco on FB scammed a dude who sold him a BX9 and slandered his name across FB saying the BX9 was damaged... when in fact he targeted a dude who spoke very little english selling the same BX9 that he destroyed by using a box knife to open bubble wrap.

So glad for the block feature on FB...and I have a ton of names (All of Vape Court )
I just read through all that. Another reason I prefer to BST here and leave FB as a last resort

Sent from the Death Star

Rockk973

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys what's going on . Needing some help I've been using ss316 wire for a while with no problems but all of sudden my ohms would start a 1.0 than just down to .5. When I twist off the top screw thing and adjust the tightness it will work for a bit than do it again. Then I got tired of doing that and put some kanthal in again worked fine than said shorted then jump to .50 than I would mess with the screw thing than fine for a while. What could be causing this. It's even worse with SS and that's my favorite wire. Driving me nuts

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys what's going on . Needing some help I've been using ss316 wire for a while with no problems but all of sudden my ohms would start a 1.0 than just down to .5. When I twist off the top screw thing and adjust the tightness it will work for a bit than do it again. Then I got tired of doing that and put some kanthal in again worked fine than said shorted then jump to .50 than I would mess with the screw thing than fine for a while. What could be causing this. It's even worse with SS and that's my favorite wire. Driving me nuts
Make sure the contacts are clean. Usually, there's some condensation behind the tank, that will also deposit on the "510" contact between the BB and coil. Overtightenig the top nut could cause a bit of a headache too.

Rockk973

Member For 1 Year
Make sure the contacts are clean. Usually, there's some condensation behind the tank, that will also deposit on the "510" contact between the BB and coil. Overtightenig the top nut could cause a bit of a headache too.
I'm going to try and clean everything with some alcohol. Definitely over tighten things mess things up for sure.Thanks for the response.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dam what group was that in

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one coming next week from a group buy.

Sent from the Death Star
I sure wish someone would come up with a take apart pod for it. I would buy three of them (hear that, @troydestroy ?).....well, I'd have to since I have three of the damn things. I just changed the first pod on the first Orion I got. I use 50/50 juice, MBV Maui Sunrise, and I started using it on 9/14/18. I could've made it for the whole month but I just got curious about taking it apart. I neglected one minor detail, I'm not home and I don't have all my arsenal of toys at hand. As a result, I mangled the thing. I did have a spare pod so I'm OK as far as vaping is concerned.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sure wish someone would come up with a take apart pod for it. I would buy three of them (hear that, @troydestroy ?).....well, I'd have to since I have three of the damn things. I just changed the first pod on the first Orion I got. I use 50/50 juice, MBV Maui Sunrise, and I started using it on 9/14/18. I could've made it for the whole month but I just got curious about taking it apart. I neglected one minor detail, I'm not home and I don't have all my arsenal of toys at hand. As a result, I mangled the thing. I did have a spare pod so I'm OK as far as vaping is concerned.
I'm sure its only a matter of time until someone comes out with a RBA pod. It's proving to be a popular little device and it's already got some accessories being made for it.
I have a carbon fiber drip tip with a 1.3mm airhole coming from Mantis Minimal coming for the Orion too.

Sent from the Death Star

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy @BrewBear! Man... Facebook has me so damn busy lately doubt I'll be working on anything non BB anytime soon. Thanks for keeping me in mind though...

Here's some of my recent work
f1eefd25a1a2ce0b561c861db269a052.jpg
094ca42e7be2deafd3f3879bf061e912.jpg
221e20ba31661da5257d06ce720ddf03.jpg
7704a2ebfa1126cda31a56c9db61e37c.jpg
addc66416567215bfc5b09a9dd017053.jpg
40f866f3a4077c9bb9a69dad03b84aea.jpg
1388c2b2d9cb0c9ac7817bb80f0625b4.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I would like to try one, but I think I'll be passing on them.

Very interested to see modders make really compact mods with the chipset though, and if it's truly limited to 40w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to try one, but I think I'll be passing on them.

Very interested to see modders make really compact mods with the chipset though, and if it's truly limited to 40w

I believe it is more like 30 watts but boosts to 40 to preheat or something like that. Whatever in the he** it does, it works. Keep an eye out, some places sell the kit with the pods for what I payed for the mod alone.....BASTARDS!!!!

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was in Vape court. VC came through for the guy that got scammed too.

Bunch of people donated $5 here and $10 there and he recouped 95%

Also, you made out on that tip button set.

Yea could not pass that up at all

Rockk973

Member For 1 Year
Well I finally figured out why my ohms been jumping around and figured I post it in here. Hope it helps someone using ss316 with the insider. It really drove me nuts. I cleaned all connections with rubbing alcohol and it worked fine for half a tank then bam dropped from 1ohm to .5. I decided to take the insider apart and some it for the night and clean really well and its been working like new again so far. The insider was all gummed up inside and needed a deep cleaning. Working like new again.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Orion is awesome...
- great flavor
- sexy AF
- tiny
- adjusts from loose RDL to loose MTL

still needs some further testing to see if the battery will last me an entire work day (I go back tomorrow finally). Other variable is how long the pods last with Replay.

If I can rely on it for an entire day and the pods last as long as people are claiming it may take the place of my Billet Box which would inevitably go up for sale in a nice package.
8fdc7b42be9f21b547b5d9b5a4d6c173.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Orion is awesome...
- great flavor
- sexy AF
- tiny
- adjusts from loose RDL to loose MTL

still needs some further testing to see if the battery will last me an entire work day (I go back tomorrow finally). Other variable is how long the pods last with Replay.

If I can rely on it for an entire day and the pods last as long as people are claiming it may take the place of my Billet Box which would inevitably go up for sale in a nice package.
8fdc7b42be9f21b547b5d9b5a4d6c173.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
You can set up replay in it? Wow. What kinda pods does it take. You guys and my shinyitus is a terrible combo. But I love the looks of it.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can set up replay in it? Wow. What kinda pods does it take. You guys and my shinyitus is a terrible combo. But I love the looks of it.

They're specific Orion pods. 0.5 "Flavor" and 0.25 "Clouds." $8.99 for a 2-pack.

Sent from the Death Star

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're specific Orion pods. 0.5 "Flavor" and 0.25 "Clouds." $8.99 for a 2-pack.

Sent from the Death Star
Kinda high for a pod but if they last long it's actually a good buy. Refillable? Ya know I'll just research it myself instead of a million questions. Lmao

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda high for a pod but if they last long it's actually a good buy. Refillable? Ya know I'll just research it myself instead of a million questions. Lmao

Haha yep refillable. Allegedly they can last a month or longer with Replay

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yup! it works really well too.

Sent from the Death Star
Where you're finding them?I prefer the 0.5 ohm, and most place are OoS. As for lasting all day....Depends on how much you vape and all that jazz. The pod refilling is not the problem, the battery tho....

They are a bit on the 'spensive side but are designed for easy top refill. How long they last, well, that another thing, it depend on the juice and all. I use MBV Maui Sunrise 50/50 and it lasted three weeks easy, refilled an average of three times a day.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I find my vaping journey funny at times...

Started with Mechanical Tubes...yup I was that guy who dove straight to the dark side...

Then went to Regulated + RTAs...then to DNAs+ RTAs

Then went to Mechanical Tubes again...

Moved to squonks...(Probably never stop squonking)...

BB...

Again Regulated but restricted RTAs...

Back to mechanical tubes and RTAs...

Toss in a pod here and there for SaGs ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find my vaping journey funny at times...

Started with Mechanical Tubes...yup I was that guy who dove straight to the dark side...

Then went to Regulated + RTAs...then to DNAs+ RTAs

Then went to Mechanical Tubes again...

Moved to squonks...(Probably never stop squonking)...

BB...

Again Regulated but restricted RTAs...

Back to mechanical tubes and RTAs...

Toss in a pod here and there for SaGs ;)
I've always vaped MTL with a very tight draw but slowly moved towards restricted DL.
I usually have a squonk or three with me but the Orion is a nice, light one to carry for restricted DL.
I did use tubes at one time, still have a few around here along with a bucket full of tanks.

VU Sponsors