Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 124097 Well I got my first BB, won in a waffle. Usually don’t play but number “3” was still open. What luck!!! I have a vapeshell on order from vapinart, but was reading here about the MF bridge. Where do you order?
Just showing off. My friends, family just do not understand.
Congrats!
https://modfactory.ecwid.com/#!/MF-Billet-Box-Bridge-FULL-KIT-Bonanza/p/110234593/category=29806430 This is the full kit, DL/MTL combo, well worth it.....at least for me it is.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was trying to clean the juice that leaked inside:cuss2:
In my defense, I didn't have enough coffee (only a small 4 oz cup compared to the 32 oz I usually have), couldn't find my glasses (still out in the field) and I DIDN"T HAVE ENOUGH COFFEE.

Well, that is probably so but I am not going to try anything else until I drag my tired carcass home. I am just hoping one of you guys with the technical skills I am sorely lacking will take pity on me.:vino: Still have the two authentics and two Orions with me. Just got a 16oz bottle of V3 juice delivered here (crappy but beats the hell out of cigarettes) so I should be OK for the near future.
Yikes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of stock. Says dec 1-15. But I’ll keep an eye out. Thank you
Yea they will be outta stock till December and after the group buys are shipped there will prob be some put up on the site but better act fast there bb gold lol and dont last long and this is suppose to be the last batch made on a side note if u cant score 1 I have 2 comeing in December and I'll be glad to sell u 1

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea they will be outta stock till December and after the group buys are shipped there will prob be some put up on the site but better act fast there bb gold lol and dont last long and this is suppose to be the last batch made on a side note if u cant score 1 I have 2 comeing in December and I'll be glad to sell u 1

Good for you! The MF bridges are my favorites by far, I have one for each BB. I haven't tried the 0.5 ohm coils yet, I'm just happy with the tight MTL but I guess I ought try them just so I know.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you! The MF bridges are my favorites by far, I have one for each BB. I haven't tried the 0.5 ohm coils yet, I'm just happy with the tight MTL but I guess I ought try them just so I know.
Lol I have 2 already love them had a 3rd but got a sweet trade deal now I have 2 more on the way so I will have 4

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 1 for mtl and the other runs the .5 coils and there just as fantastic

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well then @BrewBear @jmoney426

bbb544d1e9e3e71902dabfb68126a0bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems they are actively working on this, it will be on FB..... If any of you guys see it, please grab one for me.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems they are actively working on this, it will be on FB..... If any of you guys see it, please grab one for me.
Will do! I'm very curious about this... Seems to be a similar design to the Boxxer. Hope they dial down the airflow on this one.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't either but I hear it was designed for larger coils and more air. People are selling them like crazy in the FB groups right now though.

Sent from the Death Star

Trevor isn't sold on his yet chatted him up a bit about it...

How is the flavor? He responds, good

Airy? He responds, it's ok...to me this means it is since we chatted before about airflow

Leaking? He said he hasn't refilled it yet at our conversation

Asked if its a hot Vape...he responded about builds and adjusting wattage at first lol had to ask again about heat transfer to the box itself since the coil sits up high...he said he didn't notice any at 35w

So I ended the chat with him that it seemed a winner if this summary was correct...

Good flavor, easy to build, doesn't leak, no heat transfer to the mod.

But I think it's airy and so will be the RBA they make for the Orion.

Me I'm enjoying my lil mechs and Palm...enough so I actually ordered an authentic Dvarw, to which I use with the 1mm air...I know right me and 1mm air hole wtf might try the 0.8mm but that might prove golf ball thru straw.

Finding myself closing the Chi-NarDa almost closed now probably swap over to the Le Concorde on single hole soon

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trevor isn't sold on his yet chatted him up a bit about it...

How is the flavor? He responds, good

Airy? He responds, it's ok...to me this means it is since we chatted before about airflow

Leaking? He said he hasn't refilled it yet at our conversation

Asked if its a hot Vape...he responded about builds and adjusting wattage at first lol had to ask again about heat transfer to the box itself since the coil sits up high...he said he didn't notice any at 35w

So I ended the chat with him that it seemed a winner if this summary was correct...

Good flavor, easy to build, doesn't leak, no heat transfer to the mod.

But I think it's airy and so will be the RBA they make for the Orion.

Me I'm enjoying my lil mechs and Palm...enough so I actually ordered an authentic Dvarw, to which I use with the 1mm air...I know right me and 1mm air hole wtf might try the 0.8mm but that might prove golf ball thru straw.

Finding myself closing the Chi-NarDa almost closed now probably swap over to the Le Concorde on single hole soon

Uh-oh MTL convert on his way!

They won't be able to get away with as much air with the Orion RBA, IMO. With the BB, you can get away with a larger coil and more air because your average 18650 is 2500mah right? So DL is possible with around 30-35 watts and you'll get at least half a day vaping with that battery life behind it.

The Orion only has 900mah. At a similar wattage you'd be lucky to get a couple hours worth. So if you can't run a larger coil a la the Boxxer, then having the same amount of air doesn't make sense (to me at least ).

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Uh-oh MTL convert on his way!

They won't be able to get away with as much air with the Orion RBA, IMO. With the BB, you can get away with a larger coil and more air because your average 18650 is 2500mah right? So DL is possible with around 30-35 watts and you'll get at least half a day vaping with that battery life behind it.

The Orion only has 900mah. At a similar wattage you'd be lucky to get a couple hours worth. So if you can't run a larger coil a la the Boxxer, then having the same amount of air doesn't make sense (to me at least ).

Sent from the Death Star

People who want JD to make this aren't caring much over battery life and will take the trade off I'm sure.

Stock pods $5 get 2 weeks and can cut the AF down.

Odis pod (gonna guess $49) can't adjust air unless he makes the drip tip point detachable with smaller AF options

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People who want JD to make this aren't caring much over battery life and will take the trade off I'm sure.

Odis pod (gonna guess $49) can't adjust air unless he makes the drip tip point detachable with smaller AF options

Maybe it's just that it isn't designed for me, I guess. I suppose there's no point in further speculation until this thing gets released or at least more details come out.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It all depends on the type of juice you use in it. I use MBV Maui Sunrise in one of the pods and get an average of three solid weeks plus another of fair vape, so about a month. I like the idea of different DT/airflow, let's just see what happens.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
  • Welcome to my first stoopid question of the day.
I know that all of you here are big fans of the Billet Box.

Kinda considering pulling the trigger on one of these...

https://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_009193710129.html?wid=1433363#goodsDetail

Can you tell me how good is the flavor compared to an RDA?

BBs are the mod, depending on how you like your Vape there will be an additional cost of a proper RBA or drop in coil bridge.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
  • Welcome to my first stoopid question of the day.
I know that all of you here are big fans of the Billet Box.

Kinda considering pulling the trigger on one of these...

https://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_009193710129.html?wid=1433363#goodsDetail

It really depends on which RBA or bridge and coil combination you're using. The Exocet, Insider, and VapeShell all deliver a great vape depending on how you build and wick them.

The OCC bridge/coils are meh (but you can use the Subtank RBA that comes with it!), the Nautilus coils are a bit better. There's also the option to use the A-Tank which allows use of Atlantis compatible coils.

Are you looking for airy, Restricted air, or MTL? That should help narrow it down for us to make a good rec for you.

Sent from the Death Star

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It really depends on which RBA or bridge and coil combination you're using. The Exocet, Insider, and VapeShell all deliver a great vape depending on how you build and wick them.

The OCC bridge/coils are meh (but you can use the Subtank RBA that comes with it!), the Nautilus coils are a bit better. There's also the option to use the A-Tank which allows use of Atlantis compatible coils.

Are you looking for airy, Restricted air, or MTL? That should help narrow it down for us to make a good rec for you.

Sent from the Death Star

Right now I am enjoyng a airy DTL vape. I also have no objections to an MTL.

The big thing i am looking for is GREAT FLAVOR and I could give a horses ass about vapor

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The big thing i am looking for is GREAT FLAVOR and I could give a horses ass about vapor

in my experience the Insider was the best for flavor, can adjust it to a nice restricted DL or keep it wide open...the majority of everything else I tried was garbage.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in my experience the Insider was the best for flavor, can adjust it to a nice restricted DL or keep it wide open...the majority of everything else I tried was garbage.
The one I have for sale has the kanger and an extra boro and I can throw in the insider. Extra panels also. Sorry for the plug dna 60

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Okay so for flavor the only premade coil I could recommend would be the Vaporesso ceramic EUC coils. Those require a MF Bridge which can be a bitch to find. The alternative tk that is to get an A-Tank (or clone) and get the EUC coils that include the Atlantis compatible sleeve. Confused? Haha!

As far as the RBAs go, I'd second SoCal's suggestion of the Insider. Only downside is that it can be a PITA to wick.

I also like the Exocet but it's more difficult to because it has a Kayfun style deck, but SXK in their infinite wisdom use post screws that are rounded on the bottom making it difficult to really trap your leads securely.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Guess I should of answered this part directly...

To me, nothing that the BB has in terms of RBAs or Bridges compares to my Chi-NarDa on my Palm BF. Although the closest I've come was the Insider as I mentioned; but it was hit or miss sometimes... 7 out of 10 times I could wick it perfectly... those other 3 times although I believed I did it exactly the same, ended up not being remotely close. This was the breaking point for me with the BB and why I traded it away.

I really liked the size, battery life, the all in one aspect of it. But when it wasn't right...everything about it was just wrong. Which is what lead me to the drop in coils and the never ending quest to get something at least 75% comparable...never happened.

But this is just how I feel about the BB. Maybe something down the line might change my mind to have me buy another BB, but nothing I see out there coming down the pipes has me wanting another any time soon.

As for out and about mods... I only need the nic, so a cheap pod works.

For at home mods, much better choices for the way I vape out there.

But I will say this in closing... much better to get the $100 Clone BB and find out you don't like it rather than taking the rabbit hole route of an authentic at near triple the cost ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Refillable? What kind of coil?

No idea, saw a post on the fakebook with just the picture asking for more info...

I'm good on pods though...have my mini mechs, Breeze and Aspire AIO for stealth nic delivery

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But I will say this in closing... much better to get the $100 Clone BB and find out you don't like it rather than taking the rabbit hole route of an authentic at near triple the cost ;)

I do agree with you on this, better to try out the clone first, but I'm thinking I'm done with them. I just had a second clone BB essentially crap out ( dead screen ) in less than 2 months. It appears to me that they don't seal the positive connector on these clones making it inevitable that liquid will get inside at some point. I don't recall ever hearing about this occurring with authentic BBs so I'm thinking I'm going to stick with them from now on.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do agree with you on this, better to try out the clone first, but I'm thinking I'm done with them. I just had a second clone BB essentially crap out ( dead screen ) in less than 2 months. It appears to me that they don't seal the positive connector on these clones making it inevitable that liquid will get inside at some point. I don't recall ever hearing about this occurring with authentic BBs so I'm thinking I'm going to stick with them from now on.

Maybe condensation from the boro dripping in ? Authentics have a gasket around the screen plate, whereas the clones don't.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vapeshell is good. It saved my BB. Will say the OCC coils are not my thing. Ohms kept jumping, flavor was meh.
I got a pretty big build in the vapeshell, very surprised. 3xfused 26g hitting at .2 Gives me a vape similar to KRMA, of course..... I’m running same build. Just surprised. In a very good way! Just wanting to share

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's an Orion in the hardware section for 45 bucks. Just a heads up

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today at 8:30 MST!

Now I need to decide between RPG or RNB...

Expect to see my Poo DNA 40 in the classies for a slammin deal if I get one!

Sent from the Death Star
dc02d54e2b0835756bd614116aa14efd.jpg

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today at 8:30 MST!

Now I need to decide between RPG or RNB...

Expect to see my Poo DNA 40 in the classies for a slammin deal if I get one!

Sent from the Death Star
Just give me til Thursday bro I'll buy it. RPG all the way man

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Edited to correct my idiocy.

Sent from the Death Star
Got it! For some odd reason, I like the SXK version better. It is convenient being able to charge the battery and also access eScribe thru the usb. I just ordered one from gas city.

VU Sponsors