Billet Box Appreciation Thread

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 mf full kits comeing I'm sure I could sell u 1 at a good price

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think I'm good but I really do appreciate. Since the rarity is off the charts with this one especially.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Boy, you sure are a lot of help! It isn't bad enough the poor guy got caught on the slippery slope, now you shove him deeper still!

Oh I have no problem shoving myself down the rabbit hole. I haven’t even gotten it yet and I’ve already compiled a list of accessories that will keep me broke for at least a year.

Carpe Nidor

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BrewBear and others

I'll break down my authentic Dvarw and Coppervape clone and do a side by side of the decks etc.

Then you can make the educated choice if $20 vs $100 justifies the differences.

I can give you my thoughts in short summary...but that takes the fun out of doing a side by side

Unrelated note to self: Remove the Filipino keyboard option on your phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrewBear and others

I'll break down my authentic Dvarw and Coppervape clone and do a side by side of the decks etc.

I can give you my thoughts in short summary...but that takes the fun out of doing a side by side

You DA MAN!

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrewBear and others

I think I want a dvarw

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok so I rewicked them and snapped some pictures ;)

This is only my observation of the two.

Side by Side:

upload_2018-12-11_13-14-3.png

Closer look

upload_2018-12-11_13-15-3.png

Sorry lil blurry
upload_2018-12-11_13-15-44.png

upload_2018-12-11_13-16-15.png

Lil Cap section

upload_2018-12-11_13-16-48.png

Side by side AF view

upload_2018-12-11_13-17-42.png

Bottom view

upload_2018-12-11_13-18-27.png

Thingy-ma-bob view lol

upload_2018-12-11_13-19-42.png

To be Continued due to VU photo limitation...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now to me they are 98% identical... but there are small differences to me which are significant.

First off... the authentic I need not rewick as often with the same build, same juice. I chatted with Jmoney about this, and I think the type of stainless used is affecting it somehow...

Second... the tolerances are better on the authentic...including o-rings

Third... the screws on the deck clamp down on the wire easier on the authentic...with the clone on single wire builds, you have to do a semi wrap around the screws.

Now how they vape...very similar again, but different...

Clone vapes louder, and not as smoothly...this is where the 98% doesn't hold true anymore... its more like 90-92% the same. I think the clone didn't get the conical part on the above pic the same, and the AF from below the deck the same...could also be the difference of using the 3.5ml section and the 2ml section...shrug.

in the end, one is $20, the other is $100. and all parts are interchangeable with one another.

Now which one is the clone you ask?

To bad, not telling ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lastly a side by side again @BrewBear

45448116b588eacdfc5d2e2229c9b356.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With regards to the MF Bridge, guys. He usually updates stock on Saturdays. If Eddie mentions when it will be ill update his post with the info. You're gonna have to quick though if you want one!

EDIT: They're going up at 12pm PST/3:00PM EST. I imagine it will be listed under the Tanks/Attys category.
1dd168030f6a1a9c5b02021f06847b72.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lastly a side by side again @BrewBear

45448116b588eacdfc5d2e2229c9b356.jpg

Based on things you said and looking at the pictures, I'd say the right side one is the authentic (the conical thingamabob has a smoother path). I really appreciate the pictorial and you sharing your opinion on both. I might still get the clone but I will keep looking for an authentic to top the Provi.
Not fair , you changed one of them to a clear cap on the last picture.
PS- are the parts interchangeable?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Based on things you said and looking at the pictures, I'd say the right side one is the authentic (the conical thingamabob has a smoother path). I really appreciate the pictorial and you sharing your opinion on both. I might still get the clone but I will keep looking for an authentic to top the Provi.
Not fair , you changed one of them to a clear cap on the last picture.
PS- are the parts interchangeable?

Yeah the right side til the poly pic is the authentic.

The parts are interchangeable and I would suggest grabbing the authentic deck and poly or ultem Cap...also grab the clone full kit or at least the AF inserts from FT.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the right side til the poly pic is the authentic.

The parts are interchangeable and I would suggest grabbing the authentic deck and poly or ultem Cap...also grab the clone full kit or at least the AF inserts from FT.

That was the answer I was hoping for, thanks!
FWIW Brew, I forget that I have a clone most times. The vape on it is really outstanding.

Sent from the Death Star
I hear you! Loud and clear, about $80 worth:vino:
I have a GEM and a Gem 2 rta, both are great even though the Gem 2 was a bit too loose a draw for me more than a year ago when I bought it. Either one would work on the Provi but they are ginormous compared to the Dvarw with the 2 ml tank.
On the other hand, I start work at dark thirty in the morning so I'll be up at the time they post the new decks.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any of you look at the Coil Art Salt rta? 2ml, 18 mm diameter (I think ), mtl ....

PS ....or the Ehpro True MTL rta ( 22 mm diameter)

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With regards to the MF Bridge, guys. He usually updates stock on Saturdays. If Eddie mentions when it will be ill update his post with the info. You're gonna have to quick though if you want one!
EDIT: They're going up at 12pm PST/3:00PM EST. I imagine it will be listed under the Tanks/Attys category.

Thanks for this! I have a bridge but not the MTL kit so I'll probably try to get one so I can try the coils that Brew raves about. :D

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this! I have a bridge but not the MTL kit so I'll probably try to get one so I can try the coils that Brew raves about. :D
I may have said it before but I had a Goldilocks complex with all the bridges for the BB. I was getting frustrated, I had decent enough restricted DL (for me) bridges but not a one with the truly restricted MTL draw I wanted (think Vicious Ant Cyclone v1 or Chalice 2) and was considering selling the RPG mod I had. @So619Cal made mention of the MF bridge in one of his posts ( I thought he was kidding) and then he explained what it was. I ordered one from Italy ( I wasn't sure what to order so I bought the full kit thankfully). As it would happen, I bought the wrong coils at first so here I was three weeks later with a BB, a MF bridge but no coils. I finally got the right ones after freezing the YT video to read what was written on the box Mateo was using, put it together and....well, I used the wrong insert (for me) the one with two holes. A fair amount of cussing took place at that time and then I looked again at the bits and bobs (used my glasses this time) changed the inserts using the single hole one this time and my jaw dropped! Perfect restricted draw, geat flavor, heaven! Two weeks later or so bought another BB ( Firebald - the red one with MoP button) and ordered two more MF bridge kits. I now have three BBs - two authentics and a SXKUSBBB and another SXKUSBBB sidelined until I have some time to play and try to fix it or bork it all together. All I need now is a few boro tanks from BBV since the SXK ones are sorta crappy.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I may have said it before but I had a Goldilocks complex with all the bridges for the BB. I was getting frustrated, I had decent enough restricted DL (for me) bridges but not a one with the truly restricted MTL draw I wanted (think Vicious Ant Cyclone v1 or Chalice 2) and was considering selling the RPG mod I had. @So619Cal made mention of the MF bridge in one of his posts ( I thought he was kidding) and then he explained what it was. I ordered one from Italy ( I wasn't sure what to order so I bought the full kit thankfully). As it would happen, I bought the wrong coils at first so here I was three weeks later with a BB, a MF bridge but no coils. I finally got the right ones after freezing the YT video to read what was written on the box Mateo was using, put it together and....well, I used the wrong insert (for me) the one with two holes. A fair amount of cussing took place at that time and then I looked again at the bits and bobs (used my glasses this time) changed the inserts using the single hole one this time and my jaw dropped! Perfect restricted draw, geat flavor, heaven! Two weeks later or so bought another BB ( Firebald - the red one with MoP button) and ordered two more MF bridge kits. I now have three BBs - two authentics and a SXKUSBBB and another SXKUSBBB sidelined until I have some time to play and try to fix it or bork it all together. All I need now is a few boro tanks from BBV since the SXK ones are sorta crappy.

What he said was...

Buy the right coils, install the right reducer and life is good with the MF bridge

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve got the ehpro true. Fantastic mtl rta. I personally think the flavor is better than the nautilus tank and coils and the nautilus has been my favorite for many years.
ad481adf9ca99f73ed8367f07ad7faf6.jpg

Carpe Nidor
How tight is the draw on it?

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well my billet box has made it to the states. Now it just has to find its way out of San Francisco. Come on usps don’t screw this one up.

Carpe Nidor

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smallest hole is a tighter draw than the smallest hole on the nautilus tank. I haven’t stopped using this tank since I got it.

Carpe Nidor
Thank you for that, I'll see how my fishing expedition for the Dvarw goes in the morning and probably order this one later in the day.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for that, I'll see how my fishing expedition for the Dvarw goes in the morning and probably order this one later in the day.

Make sure to be there early, they tend to sell out in less than 10 minutes... they are also dropping the Dvarw 16 tomorrow.

upload_2018-12-13_20-52-28.png

This is basically what will be available at 5am...

Might want to add in the steam tuners cap preemptively

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure to be there early, they tend to sell out in less than 10 minutes... they are also dropping the Dvarw 16 tomorrow.

View attachment 126528

This is basically what will be available at 5am...

Might want to add in the steam tuners cap preemptively
Thanks, I'm up at that time anyways so it is not a stretch for me. Great minds think alike! I already have one in the basket.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Took 13 days to arrive for me, 9 days actual transit.

Bought on Friday, but didn't ship til Tuesday.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took 13 days to arrive for me, 9 days actual transit.

Bought on Friday, but didn't ship til Tuesday.

Thanks, that is good to know. They didn't have the Ultem steamtuners so I bought the clear one....for now. On to FT and see what I can get there.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't expecting to get them before the first of the year, so that'll be fine. Some mother lovers are ripping off mail in my area so it'll be just fine if I have to go and sign for the package.

VU Sponsors