Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yet another reason for me to stay off FB, helpful people.....

Its bad man... I checked how many groups I was in, 127... most of which I had to mute... Only one group I am REALLY wanting in and that is NarMods...but the whole 3 vouch system they have and me only knowing 1 person in it personally... going to be a while yet.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its bad man... I checked how many groups I was in, 127... most of which I had to mute... Only one group I am REALLY wanting in and that is NarMods...but the whole 3 vouch system they have and me only knowing 1 person in it personally... going to be a while yet.
I feel your pain!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple things:

The Friendly Flipper site won't be updated until Monday. Shipping delays. Those looking for the MF bridge have to wait. Boo!

Also, I have the non-Coppervape Dvarw clone that So619Cal posted and it is fantastic! Like I said before, I honestly forget that I have a clone. Well worth the savings IMO.

Sent from the Death Star

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He restocks every Friday 2pm Budapest time ( add that to google it will show what it is local for you)

He wont restock til after the new year, todays was the last for 2018.

The first pic is of the complete 22mm MTL atomizer, but it only comes with one tank section and ONLY the 1.2mm AF insert.
I'll be waiting

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
And here I go down the rabbit hole.
d8f36f3f505271b593a425723a7cea87.jpg
60bcd177d16113375466738c2f780738.jpg

Gas city vapes also sent me an sxk bb coil tool for free. Pretty sweet.
a8d0120aae1fc0dbc2234d014d496feb.jpg
c9900919df968bf8f5ad62f01502955f.jpg

Carpe Nidor

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I need opinions from all you billet box junkies. Are the kanger ssocc coils any good? I’ll probably be using the vape shell most of the time but I thought I might give them a try also if they were decent.

Carpe Nidor

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need opinions from all you billet box junkies. Are the kanger ssocc coils any good? I’ll probably be using the vape shell most of the time but I thought I might give them a try also if they were decent.

Carpe Nidor
They're decent for a drop in coil for DL, but not a mtl coil. I hate beating a dead horse but the MF bridge is the most versatile for drop in coils. It covers the entire range from really tight draw mtl, to a restricted DL (tho admittedly, I haven't tried the 0.5 ohm EUC DL coils).

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to echo what brew said about the MF bridge.

But I will also say don't chase the perfect Vape you get from another device with the BB...you won't ever find it.

If your current atomizer gives you an enjoyable Vape...perfect it...sometimes small changes to wicking and or coiling will be a night and day difference...and it's cheaper to swap wire and cotton than a whole new bridge or atty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with So619Cal, a BB vapes like a BB and trying to replicate a rda or rta could be a frustrating experience. I bought my BBs for mtl vaping, something with a draw as tight as the one on Cyclone. All the other bridges failed in one way or the other. The MF bridge was the one that delivered that super tight, flavorful vape I always wanted and got from the Cyclone so I'm sticking with it. It probably isn't everyone's cup of tea but for me it checks all the boxes.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the kanger coils will be very similar to the sub tank mini style rba that came with the billet box also. I’m pretty sure the vape shell is going to give me the vape that I’m looking for with it’s changeable inserts. I’m really enjoying the versatility of the billet box. I have the rba in one tank and a nautilus coil in the other depending on what I’m in the mood for I switch back and forth but I’d rather build my own.

Carpe Nidor

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the kanger coils will be very similar to the sub tank mini style rba that came with the billet box also. I’m pretty sure the vape shell is going to give me the vape that I’m looking for with it’s changeable inserts. I’m really enjoying the versatility of the billet box. I have the rba in one tank and a nautilus coil in the other depending on what I’m in the mood for I switch back and forth but I’d rather build my own.

Carpe Nidor
Just keep an eye on it, the sxk boro tanks tend to leak, maybe not all, but the ones I have sure do. Also, make sure you have a piece of tissue between the back of the tank and the box, condensation happens and that piece of tissue will make it easier to get the tank out. I really appreciate the usb on the sxk but I'm spending the cash for the BBV boro tanks.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just keep an eye on it, the sxk boro tanks tend to leak, maybe not all, but the ones I have sure do. Also, make sure you have a piece of tissue between the back of the tank and the box, condensation happens and that piece of tissue will make it easier to get the tank out. I really appreciate the usb on the sxk but I'm spending the cash for the BBV boro tanks.

I truly wonder if its just the shitty gasket on the SXK boros? I know they crumple up pretty easily...reasoning... a care kit is cheaper than an authentic Boro...hmm

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I truly wonder if its just the shitty gasket on the SXK boros? I know they crumple up pretty easily...reasoning... a care kit is cheaper than an authentic Boro...hmm
You are probably right but since I can't find those damn shits (boxed up and in storage for now), it's easier to order a couple of boros from BBV, put the MF bridges in and call it a day. Now just waiting for a Christmas sale at BBV.:wait:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I put a piece of thread behind the gasket before I started using them. I also am very careful to put a little bit of juice on them before I put the glass back on and pay very close attention making sure the glass slides up over the gasket properly. For now I have a piece of cotton between the bottom of the tank and the front plate to soak up any condensation until my dry plugs come in tomorrow.

Carpe Nidor

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It all sounds good but you should still consider a piece of tissue papet between the box and the back of the mod. Just my 2 centavos.:vino:
I put a piece of thread behind the gasket before I started using them. I also am very careful to put a little bit of juice on them before I put the glass back on and pay very close attention making sure the glass slides up over the gasket properly. For now I have a piece of cotton between the bottom of the tank and the front plate to soak up any condensation until my dry plugs come in tomorrow.

Carpe Nidor

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys anyone have mod factory bridge for sale? Any other way to use euc ceramic coils in my bb. Thanks
Getting a MF bridge other than ordering it from them might be a bit difficult. I remember reading here about using the 0.5 ohm EUC coils with the A tank but I'm not sure, maybe @Wtmke1 or one of the others will chime in.

Rockk973

Member For 1 Year
Getting a MF bridge other than ordering it from them might be a bit difficult. I remember reading here about using the 0.5 ohm EUC coils with the A tank but I'm not sure, maybe @Wtmke1 or one of the others will chime in.
Thank you would love to hear from others. Is there any nautalis coils that are good. I'm getting tired of rebuilding and wicking with my insider.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I’m using the nautilus coils in mine. I like it. Good flavor and vapor production. The triton mini coils also fit the nautilus bridge.

Carpe Nidor

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes the .5 euc coils fit the A tank with the adapter. I bought the 5pack that came with the adapter at fast tech.

Rockk973

Member For 1 Year
Awsome bro so the adapter that comes with the euc coils from fasttech fit inside the tank with no other adapters? How do you like it

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awsome bro so the adapter that comes with the euc coils from fasttech fit inside the tank with no other adapters? How do you like it
I use the euc coils more than then Atlantis coils I have for it. Have to make sure you have the A-tank. It fits larger coils. But I recommend the euc

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn bro where'd you get those? On another not. Fast tech has BB buttons now. Lol

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
Yeah I saw those SXK ones. About time! Now they just need to make hybrid tips to match.

The inner panels were from a group buy on Facebook. $45 bucks and came with an ultem dry plug, a Trvp Desce pouch, and some battery wraps. Good deal!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kobe

About the only Kobe I really like is the kobe beef. And before all you Lakers fans get in my face, I'm with the older generation. ...the Magic and Karim times. Kobe was good but he lacked the humble approach truly great players have.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About the only Kobe I really like is the kobe beef. And before all you Lakers fans get in my face, I'm with the older generation. ...the Magic and Karim times. Kobe was good but he lacked the humble approach truly great players have.
I'm not much on the Lakers either.

VU Sponsors