Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jwraps has them. I just got some in yesterday, too. I think forza posted the link a page or two back.
Be warned that though, they don't snap in or anything and you have to remove them to fill your boro tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They do snap in actually. You have to adjust the height of your tank with the screw in ring but you can adjust it to have them just snap back in.

That said, you do have to remove them to fill but it's easy.

Mine work great. I've not had juice on my panels since I got them yesterday. Well see how it works in the long run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw that too...and missed them due to work! Maybe next drop.

Yeah I want to grab a Kurbis or a Poo... an RPG would be the best color for me but you can't be too picky when it comes to this kind of thing lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bb95010d2a08e458852db079d818b7d9.jpg
d6848865ac5f336efeb30255c1348f78.jpg

New SXK panels came in. They look great and fit well. VERY slight play, but not enough to notice during use. Quality is no where near Mums panels... they feel a touch flimsy by comparison when not on the box. Glad I got the other orangey color as well. Looks great on the Dober and will look even better when I get a brass DT and button... pics of that later.

Also built the Insider with a 26/34 316L fused Clapton bc that's what I had already spun up. Ohms out at .23. I was a bit worried that this was too low and would have preferred it to be a bit higher, but the vape is really excellent with the AF set wide open around 30 watts. Not as hot as I anticipated. Very easy build and wick. Zero dry hits on the first go round.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

New SXK panels came in. They look great and fit well. VERY slight play, but not enough to notice during use. Quality is no where near Mums panels... they feel a touch flimsy by comparison when not on the box. Glad I got the other orangey color as well. Looks great on the Dober and will look even better when I get a brass DT and button... pics of that later.

Also built the Insider with a 26/34 316L fused Clapton bc that's what I had already spun up. Ohms out at .23. I was a bit worried that this was too low and would have preferred it to be a bit higher, but the vape is really excellent with the AF set wide open around 30 watts. Not as hot as I anticipated. Very easy build and wick. Zero dry hits on the first go round.

Where's my Claptons

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Note: I posted this over in reddit first, but they're not particularly interested in Billet Box Stuff. My brother on here as onitsuj suggested you all would be interested.

Nolli Designs Billet Box Key Drip Tip Review

I purchased this and had no intention of reviewing it but I liked it so much that I felt I had to share my experiences with you all.

Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/4gC2C

eygrKMN.jpg

eygrKMN.jpg

1DqMZca.jpg

7amnWMd.jpg

3CTUQBy.jpg

03YKEFB.jpg

IcGbiKi.jpg

Pros:

Overall build quality is EXCELLENT! The material used is quite dense and the tip is heavier than it appears giving it the feel of a quality product in hand. The tip has a wide inner diameter which makes the draw silky smooth without sacrificing the thickness of the outer wall. One of the gripes that I have with other drip tips I've used on the Billet Box is that if the inner diameter of the tip is wide then the outer walls are thin which makes the tip feel flimsy and when the outer walls are thick then the diameter of the hole is smaller making the draw tighter. I feel like goldilocks looking for a bed and Nolli made it for me. The design allows it to slot seamlessly into the nut on the top of the Billet Box allowing you to swap tanks without having to find a screwdriver. It sits flush and stays put. When you want to, it's easy to remove. The tolerances are perfect.

Cons:

Price. $26 bucks plus shipping is the most I've ever spent on a drip tip. It's often backordered and I think it took about two weeks to arrive. Now for the big con, which does nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for the drip tip. The finishing on the bottom was not as finely done as it was on the rest of the tip (see pictures). While it is on a part of the drip that will never see the light of day, it seemed pretty incongruous to the care and attention paid to every other aspect of the design and finishing. There was some extra material left on the bottom from what seemed like the milling process. It fell off after taking the tip off and putting it on a few times.

Overall:

I love this thing and am likely going to order another for my second Billet Box and will probably buy another few for my brother. By far the best drip tip I've ever used, great draw, multipurpose, and beautiful. Well worth double what I paid for it in terms of the pleasure I get out of looking at and using it.

Extra:

I reached out to the folks at Nolli Designs on Facebook before posting this to check if perhaps I got a drip tip that slipped past QC. Kyle, the owner, was immediately responsive and though my tip wasn't outside of their normal expectations, they were very accommodating to my questions. They even gave me a promo code to share with everyone here. Use the code OVERMELHO10% for 10% off. Here is the link to the drip tip: https://www.nollidesigns.com/products/billet-box-key?variant=38508400142

I was also inspired to do this because of my favorite YouTube vape reviewer, Jai Haze, https://www.youtube.com/user/vapel1fe Check his stuff out he's knowledgeable, hilarious, and unafraid to be himself and share his true opinions.

Last edited:
Making my last payment on my panels on the 15th.

They look amazing.
18184921ef2ab4434243efea328ecd22.jpg

Wow, they look stunning. Will look out for a picture on your BB when you have them?
May I ask where your getting these from please?

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Making my last payment on my panels on the 15th.

They look amazing.
18184921ef2ab4434243efea328ecd22.jpg

Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing how much those set you back? They are gorgeous to say the least and would love a set. Sucks not being on facecrook...I miss all the good stuff.

Maybe eventually, if one of you facebookers is willing, we can do a little group buy for some BB extras??? Maybe?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Just ordered some of them SXK panels this week, good to see someone posting pics of them, they look really good, now really looking forward to getting mine in a few weeks :)

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got ambitious and finally put a new coil in the insider after rocking the same Clapton for a month straight. I was surprised I was able to fit 3mm diameter coil in there...with ease. Lol
572c1a11955e6abaf243cdeab6e5c61a.jpg

ee102e4c82d23bd8aa8635b54fb62305.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got ambitious and finally put a new coil in the insider after rocking the same Clapton for a month straight. I was surprised I was able to fit 3mm diameter coil in there...with ease. Lol
572c1a11955e6abaf243cdeab6e5c61a.jpg

ee102e4c82d23bd8aa8635b54fb62305.jpg

I literally just put a 28/34 316L fused in mine. It came in lower than anticipated (.27) but the BB is handling it fine at 25 watts. Hardly any ramp up at all.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I literally just put a 28/34 316L fused in mine. It came in lower than anticipated (.27) but the BB is handling it fine at 25 watts. Hardly any ramp up at all.

Pretty

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dre are you cool with .27 or so for the Exocet? I can build higher if you want.

You have any 30g like 2x30g core

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have any 30g like 2x30g core

No sir. Smallest core wire I have is 28g. I actually used up the last of my 34g making your coils haha

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any interest is a black boro tank

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, they look stunning. Will look out for a picture on your BB when you have them?
May I ask where your getting these from please?
From Canadian Custom Vapes. The guys name is Ryan Bell. On Facebook.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing how much those set you back? They are gorgeous to say the least and would love a set. Sucks not being on facecrook...I miss all the good stuff.

Maybe eventually, if one of you facebookers is willing, we can do a little group buy for some BB extras??? Maybe?
$220 including shipping from Canada.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any interest is a black boro tank

This isn't the 'A' tank right, just the boro in black rather than white?

Either way, I'd be interested but I'd especially like to get a couple 'A' tanks.

That's cool. I might get one now. Thanks for the review.

You'll love it! They're making matching buttons too. I think they're only selling them at shows right now but I'll ask when they'll be available on the site. :) I gotta say that the fact that they were so nice to me when I contacted them made a huge impact given how non-responsive most vape companies are. A little human contact goes a long way.

Hi all! Does anyone who uses the Aspire Nautilus BVC 0.7 coils ever have wicking problems with "thicker" juices? I've been having a crappy time vaping on Golden Sate Vapors HEX, which is delicious but giving me some tasteless harsh throat hits on the BB with the BVC coils. I've tried priming, cutting off airflow, high wattage, low wattage, you name it. I'm super frustrated as after you go BB, you never want to go back. ;)

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had issues but my coils are 0.5 kanger nickle. I use 50/50 in my BB with a triton mini 0.7 60/40 at the very highest on VG.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly I only like the RBAs on my BBs. Either exocet or insider. I've never had an issue and the coils last for over a month.

Ryan Bell is doing Juma panels and buttons for the BBs and they are amazing. I saw a blue set today. I was so proud of my ultem kit -sunken ultem button, ultem drip, cut out panels to even adjust without opening up, etc. Gold exocet inside. Then I saw the Jumas!

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are very nice. The purple for my poo is what I wanted.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next purchase for me will be Toxic Green Mum's grippies for my blue BB, along with stainless buttons for the RNB and the Ratblack, brass for the Dober.

onitsuj

Member For 4 Years
Nooo @dre don't drop it! miss chatting with ya buddy. Hope allows well with you and the little furballs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nooo @dre don't drop it! miss chatting with ya buddy. Hope allows well with you and the little furballs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit me up anytime I have a smart watch so I'm always connected or aka on a electronic leash

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fellow Billet Boxers! Anyone have some good 510 stainless/ brass drip tips on their BBs that have a little style?
I prefer some em cheapos that look decent but if you have some $20+ ones that look outstanding I'd consider something more spendy.

Remember, stainless and brass :)

EDIT: I read that JMK hybrid tips work with the SXK BBs so I'll be going that route... at $28 a pop!

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boom! This was a bitch I broke a trace removing the onboard switches. I had to solder to a super tiny trace. Thank god I'm so awesome
0dcac657ce1e4644f7012482ecde7758.jpg

Decided not to put it in the authentic eh? Lol

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Decided not to put it in the authentic eh? Lol

Nah you were right about the value. You'd escribe is all fixed and your black 60 shipped.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah you were right about the value. You'd escribe is all fixed and your black 60 shipped.

You got it out today?? Thanks a ton man!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If anyone wants the dicodes swap the price is buy two boards and I get to keep one for doing the swap.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I pay shipping both ways would you do mine? Please?

Still want your dna60 escribe fixed?

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes and can I also send you my poo? Something is wrong with the board. It works but it keeps running up to 40.0 watts when I hit the fire button.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes and can I also send you my poo? Something is wrong with the board. It works but it keeps running up to 40.0 watts when I hit the fire button.

Up button stuck. Common problem. Might have to get a replacement button board from billet box. If you can't press and wiggle it out. The wattage isn't locked by holding up and down buttons right.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The USB board for escribe is ready. Already did mine and jmoneys. Made up button raise watts/temp and it's facing the right way. Also authentic slash screens (sorry for dirty nails)
cccadb9db4b73a4f7730b3d1dcdea3bf.jpg
754f3f0967eb9b7cab2b41b5ad26ab21.jpg

Awesome. I'd love to fix mine as well.

VU Sponsors