Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could tell! I'm tempted but I just got in on a group buy for the Reaper V3 MTL.

Sent from the Death Star

I thought about grabbing one, just not sold on the puddle ring aka AF ring.

That ring is just not snug enough for my liking, and condensation will make its way under the atty...will it be enough to adversely affect a 510 or board? Unlikely but I can’t take that chance with my Dani

I do like it at all other facets, but that loose AF ring, total deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about grabbing one, just not sold on the puddle ring aka AF ring.

That ring is just not snug enough for my liking, and condensation will make its way under the atty...will it be enough to adversely affect a 510 or board? Unlikely but I can’t take that chance with my Dani

I do like it at all other facets, but that loose AF ring, total deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that was a bit of an odd design choice. If I don't like it maybe I can trade it for another Dvarw!

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. I’m too cheap to even look at the price. And on that cheap note, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a dvarw 16 and the sxk atto mod.

Carpe Nidor
I keep looking at the Cthultu (or whatever in the hell it is called)

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How do you like that tube mod?
Nice little tube and Cthulhu fixed the issue with the first run boards. It still has the leaf contact but they changed the material and put a silicone bumper under it. I'd still be cautious of atties with a long 510 though, no point in crushing the new contact.

Cthulhu Mod recommends keeping the resistance above 0.5 ohm with 18350 and 0.1 ohm with 18650.

I use a 24mm KP Mod Guard under the Gear RTA, takes up the slack quite nicely.

Fasttech has quit a few choices and I'm going to pick up some of those PEI version as they come in 1mm and 1.8mm thickness.
https://www.fasttech.com/search?Insulation+Gasket+for+atomizer

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well I guess that would be a Evolv board then huh... remember back in the day why so many liked the Evic was that it was mfg from Evolv...not sure if it is anymore...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great price for a lil banger mod...but its not a DNA :D

It similar to the joytech board...probably is their board...

Almost like the Joytech Evic series ;)
Right you are, I don't see any mention of DNA chip on the site:confused: Well, I have two on order so we will know fairly soon (I hope).

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right you are, I don't see any mention of DNA chip on the site:confused: Well, I have two on order so we will know fairly soon (I hope).

I think they will do the job fine... and don't look bad to boot.

Slap the clones on them for in the car beaters.

Me I bought another knife :O and sent the other one to be refurbed at CRK.

789714ad120c91e70da5d0547604c8c7.jpg

Large Inkosi Insingo Micarta

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DNA 75, but you must know their age verification is crap! They want the front and back of your ID or the last four digits of your SSN

I wanted to order something from them but not with that age verification BS.

That's a great deal on that little mod, interested to hear what you think of it when you get it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted to order something from them but not with that age verification BS.

That's a great deal on that little mod, interested to hear what you think of it when you get it.
I like it! Hefty for it's size. Got it just as I was leaving for work today. I'll post a pic when I get home.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Curious to the battery cutoff voltage of the chip...

lets say its 3.0

Thats pushing nearly 12a on a 18350 at its lowest V when using 30w

Think of all of us who used the BB, we all averaged between 13-26w depending on the atty

13/3(.85)=5a and change = good on 18350 mAh range

20w/3(.85)= 7.8a = good on 18350

25w/3(.85) = 9.8a = borderline

30/3(.85) = 11.76a = not safe for 18350

I know with my mini mech using a 14w calculation, battery was toast after 2ml in the dvarw @1Ω and that was with using it to 3.6v

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

lets say its 3.0

Think of all of us who used the BB, we all averaged between 13-26w depending on the atty

I know with my mini mech using a 14w calculation, battery was toast after 2ml in the dvarw @1Ω and that was with using it to 3.6v
DUUUUDE! That all makes sense.....I think, too early and not enough coffee for me....

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

lets say its 3.0

I vape my BB with the VapeShell at 12 watts and 1.2ohm coil. I'd be good

Had pretty good luck with the SXK 70w chip in the BB clones so I'm sure it would be fine for little errand-running guy.

I REALLY don't need it though...

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well got a bb SXK dna 60 and a clone vape shell on the way. Hope I don't regret it lol.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
If you're still mtl (sort of) vaping, you'll like it. If you don't, I'm sure there at a few people here who will be more than happy to give it a new home.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well got a bb SXK dna 60 and a clone vape shell on the way. Hope I don't regret it lol.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
I didn't like my clone VapeShell but I really dig my authentic. Could be I just didn't get the wicking down on the clone. Make sure to set your wicks in the corners of the deck and don't block the juice flow holes.

Sent from the Death Star

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As much as I hate to recommend him. Jai Haze did a good wicking tutorial, involving wicking, then gently pushing UP from underneath with a little blue screwdriver.

Worked well for me.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep looking at the SXK MiniMeBB thing and all I can think of is that I'll need a couple more mf-ing MF bidges. Now, @R3alJim Shady, all you need to do is cruise on down to the SXK FB page and get them.....I know you'll buy them, play a week or three and then sell them in the classies:cheers: I'm calling dibs if I don't get mine first. They have a poiple and a bronze too but all I could find in stock was black....and that's too morbid for me.

Just messin' with ya brotha!

VU Sponsors